Old June 28th 12, 12:49 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default new zealand cb

new zealand hf cb has now eighty channels which include 1 to 40
(26.300 to 26.770) and also Australia/usa 1 to 40 .New zealand new
caledonia/Australia have alos got forty uhf cb channels from 476.25 to
477.400.New Zealand has eighty.The usual forty and then another forty
with 12.5 spacing.The first forty are at 25kc spacing
Old June 30th 12, 01:01 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jun 27, 7:49*pm, G.Shepherd wrote:
new zealand hf cb has now eighty channels which include 1 to 40
(26.300 to 26.770) and also Australia/usa 1 to 40 .New zealand new
caledonia/Australia have alos got forty uhf cb channels from 476.25 to
477.400.New Zealand has eighty.The usual forty and then another forty
with 12.5 spacing.The first forty are at 25kc spacing

Good deal. The DX is opening back up now quite nicely. Heard Germany
earlier today. Here's a decent link for DX information on 11 meter and
the freeband. http://www.irdx.net/org/ The link includes some useful
information like propagation forecast and what stations are active and
what places are in demand for contacts. Catch you out in space. Happy
DXing.
Old July 7th 12, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:49:42 AM UTC+8, G. Shepherd wrote:
new zealand hf cb has now eighty channels which include 1 to 40
(26.300 to 26.770) and also Australia/usa 1 to 40 .New zealand new
caledonia/Australia have alos got forty uhf cb channels from 476.25 to
477.400.New Zealand has eighty.The usual forty and then another forty
with 12.5 spacing.The first forty are at 25kc spacing

Australia has the same as New Zealand in the UHF CB band 80 channels.
Cheers
Old July 8th 12, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:57:29 -0500, John H. Guillory
wrote:

On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 10:03:10 -0700 (PDT), Russ
wrote:

[-On Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:49:42 AM UTC+8, G. Shepherd wrote:
[- new zealand hf cb has now eighty channels which include 1 to 40
[- (26.300 to 26.770) and also Australia/usa 1 to 40 .New zealand
new
[- caledonia/Australia have alos got forty uhf cb channels from
[- 477.400.New Zealand has eighty.The usual forty and then another
forty
[- with 12.5 spacing.The first forty are at 25kc spacing
[-
[-Australia has the same as New Zealand in the UHF CB band 80
channels.
[-Cheers
Gosh darn it! If America's CB Radio was like some of the other
countries CB Radios, it'd be a whole lot more fun! So does the
average Austrailian CB support both UHF and HF channels? Also, do you
have AM, FM, and Single Side Band support on your radios? I'd love to
see a youtube video of talking on a typical Austrailian CB with both
UHF and HF bands. New Zealand would be cool too! In fact, would love
to make a page on my web site comparing CB radio in various countries.
My website (http://www.roachguts.org/) is presently down, but will be
up this wednesday, when my girlfriend gets paid if you'd like to se
about it... I've got lots of changes ready to upload to the server
the moment I pay the fee... I uploaded a video of my Cobra 29 LTD BT
and Ranger RIT 2950DX (though the Ranger needs an antenna, so it's
just displaying 28.0000 for now...) I'll order the antenna Wednesday
for the Ranger, then a week or so later, I should be on 10m and 12m,
assuming my club can re-give me my General Class test (due to a minor
mistake on their part). No biggie, I past it once, I can pass it
again... Just that time factor that's bugging me....

.................................................. ............
Neither Australia or new zealand cb sets have hf/uhf radios in one
(well not that i know of anyway)and only fm is on uhf...26/27mhz both
have am and ssb.
I am going to import a uhf mobile from China and it covers 400 to
490mhz.
New Zealand was first to allow eighty uhf cb channels then Australia
followed ( i think) but Australia has yet to allow use on 26mhz.
I prefer to have a uhf radio that i can program myself and also have a
wider range of freq's.A similar situation with hf cb,I don't want to
be limited to just eighty channels,i want to be able to tx/rx
elsewhere.It is so quiet and boring here on 11mtrs at the moment.Most
people including the idiots have gone up to uhf cb. The standard uhf
cb radios here in new zealand are way overpriced for what they can
do.Heck a person just needs to go to the alibaba.com site just to see
some of the great prices there
Old July 9th 12, 12:07 AM
Senior Member

That's great if you live in New Zealand and Austrailia - but it is not legal for radio operators in the USA to operate on those bands - both from a power standpoint and because you have to have a license and those frequencies are not in the band plan for amateur radio and it is illegal to DX GMRS / FRS and LMRS frequencies.

Old July 9th 12, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Google Baofeng UV-5R.
I have one and it's a really cool LCR. (Little Chinese Radio)
Old July 9th 12, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

--
Channel Jumper

The quality of the DX is great in the U.S., too. Many operate the
freeband on frequencies just above and below the U.S. CB band with
little problem. Run SSB and you won't require crazy power and you can
talk to other freebanding CB'ers and ham ops all around the world.
27.555 USB is recognized as an international calling frequency. If one
is worried about breaking the law, don't key the mic. It's legal to
listen.
Old July 9th 12, 04:30 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
wrote:
That's great if you live in New Zealand and Austrailia - but it is not
legal for radio operators in the USA to operate on those bands - both
from a power standpoint and because you have to have a license and those
frequencies are not in the band plan for amateur radio and it is illegal
to DX GMRS / FRS and LMRS frequencies.

--
Channel Jumper

The quality of the DX is great in the U.S., too. Many operate the
freeband on frequencies just above and below the U.S. CB band with
little problem. Run SSB and you won't require crazy power and you can
talk to other freebanding CB'ers and ham ops all around the world.
27.555 USB is recognized as an international calling frequency. If one
is worried about breaking the law, don't key the mic. It's legal to
listen.
There is no one of any intelligence on the CB radio anymore, and it is illegal for Amateur Radio operators to FREE BAND and or to talk to anyone that does not possess an amateur radio license on amateur radio bands.

Why would someone with a license even want to bother to listen to someone that does not.
The purpose of the license is not to penalize the non hams but to educate them as to the basic requirements of what is necessary to operate on the amateur radio bands.
Where it is permissable to operate and where it is not, what bands and modes are permissable and power levels allowed.

CB radio is anyone that can afford a couple of dollars for a radio and an antenna.
Most of those people over compensates with the use of beam antenna's and massive amounts of power.

Rule of thumb on 10 meters - a little power is great, and all the power in the world doesnt do anything more for your signal - when the band is open or closed.
There is only 1 MHz difference between 10 meters and 11 meters.

The other frequencies you are talking about - it is not legal for anyone in the USA - without a license to operate on.
Get caught - and the Federal Candy Company will come a knocking on your door..

ps: they don't do it with spotters and white vans anymore.
Now they do it with sattelites and cell phones, and if they have to send someone any appreciateable distance, it is probably going to cost you more then you can afford.
Old July 10th 12, 12:33 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

ps: they don't do it with spotters and white vans anymore.
Now they do it with sattelites and cell phones, and if they have to send
someone any appreciateable distance, it is probably going to cost you
more then you can afford.

Now they have "listening stations" like the one on Farmhouse Lane
in Columbia, Maryland. I'm told it can really pinpoint a signal...
Old July 11th 12, 05:24 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:-
[...]

Well i have met some really nice american people on 11mtrs.There seems
to be quite a few idiots in Australia who have bad sounding gear,also
here within New Zealand.

R. New Zealand acquamarina Shortwave 0 January 29th 05 06:51 PM
JRC NRD-545 in New Zealand... Mark McCarthy Shortwave 6 July 12th 04 08:59 PM
New Zealand-Changes N8KDV Shortwave 2 April 15th 04 06:20 PM
R New Zealand Dan Robinson Shortwave 0 April 14th 04 07:37 AM
R. New Zealand Maximus Shortwave 5 April 8th 04 03:32 AM