Old July 24th 03, 05:23 PM
Twistedhed

Default Hey CBers Help Get rid of Morse Code Test and Requirement

From: (Keith) Contact the FCC and let
them know it is time to get rid of this silly morse code test and let
all Americans have easy access to the amateur radio bands that we own.
If you do nothing, then nothing will get done!
A group to protest the requirement of morse code for properly licensed
technician licensee. And to remove the morse code test from ham radio
testing as soon as possible. The first protest is August 1st 6 pm local
time on 28.306 USB
To Contact the Commissioners via E-mail
Chairman Michael K. Powell:
Commissioner Kathleen Q.
Abernathy:
Commissioner Michael J. Copps:
Commissioner Kevin J. Martin: Commissioner
Jonathan S. Adelstein:
http://www.fcc.gov/contacts.html
_
Man oh man.....some of them radio cops ain't gonna like your
approach,,,,funny how when a cber suggests dxing and ignoring a poorly
constructed law until it's changed (DX law as pertains to cb), it is
referred to as a "criminal act", but when a hammie suggests ignoring a
law, those who say "you either obey the law or you're a criminal" (Frank
Gillinad, N8wwm, Dave Hall N3cvj, WA3moj, and related ilk) are nowhere
to be found and strangely silent on the issue.
Ha-ha-ha-hi-hi-hi-hy-hy-hyPOCRISY!!!

Old July 25th 03, 01:03 PM
Frank Gilliland

In , Keith
wrote:

Contact the FCC and let them know it is time to get rid of this silly morse
code test and let all Americans have easy access...

"Easy access". That's it, isn't it? You can't handle the unbelievably slow rate
of 5 wpm -- it's just =SO= difficult for you to learn that you need to wait
until Morse is no longer required. Are you that spoiled and lazy that you need
to have everything handed to you on a platter? Haven't you ever had to work for
anything in your life? Did you have to work for your first car, or did mommy and
daddy buy it for you? Do you work for a living, or are you a fat, lazy keyclown
that expects everyone to pay your way, collecting welfare checks and doing
absolutely nothing to better himself? I think the latter.

Old July 26th 03, 12:15 PM
Keith Hosman

"Keith" wrote in message
Contact the FCC and let them know it is time to get rid of this silly

morse
code test and let all Americans have easy access to the amateur radio

bands
that we own. If you do nothing, then nothing will get done!

A group to protest the requirement of morse code for properly licensed
technician licensee. And to remove the morse code test from ham radio

testing
as soon as possible. The first protest is August 1st 6 pm local time on

28.306
USB
To Contact the Commissioners via E-mail
Chairman Michael K. Powell:
Commissioner Kathleen Q. Abernathy:

Commissioner Michael J. Copps:

Commissioner Kevin J. Martin:

Commissioner Jonathan S. Adelstein:

http://www.fcc.gov/contacts.html

Get busy living or get busy dying!

--
The Radio Page Ham, Police Scanner, Shortwave and more.
http://www.kilowatt-radio.org/

I'm not stupid enough to risk my ticket for this, besides I think operating
CW QRP is kinda fun.

73 de Keith

Old July 26th 03, 11:01 PM
Gary Danaher

I'm guessing that Keith is just too lazy to take a week aor two and
study code. It's true that 5 wpm is almost useless. It's too slow to be
conversational. I got my code the old fashioned way. Quit whining and
study it, or quit drooling at the candy store window.

Old July 27th 03, 12:04 PM
Spamhater

"'Doc" wrote in message ...

Keith wrote:

Contact the FCC and let them know it is time to get rid of this silly

morse
code test and let all Americans have easy access to the amateur radio

bands
that we own. If you do nothing, then nothing will get done!

A group to protest the requirement of morse code for properly licensed
technician licensee. And to remove the morse code test from ham radio

testing
as soon as possible. The first protest is August 1st 6 pm local time on

28.306
USB

-------clipped----------

You have every right in the world to contact the FCC and let
them know what you would like to happen as far as code and
license
requirements. They even make it easy for you to do, so by all
means, do it!.
Then comes the part about an 'on the air' protest. Just how
silly (read that as stupid) can you get? If anyone thinks the
FCC doesn't know that people want the code requirement dropped
they are very, very uninformed (read that as stupid too). A
'protest' would accomplish absolutely nothing beneficial, and
would do harm instead. Talk about getting what you wanted and
then
shooting your self in the foot! Just a little bit of thought
would
show you how silly the whole thing is...
'Doc

PS - 'Civil Disobedience' is just a cowards way of saying crime.

BINGO! Good going Doc.

JMS

Old July 28th 03, 03:06 PM
Twistedhed

From: ('Doc)
Keith wrote:
Contact the FCC and let them know it is time to get rid of this silly
morse code test and let all Americans have easy access to the amateur
radio bands that we own. If you do nothing, then nothing will get done!
A group to protest the requirement of morse code for properly licensed
technician licensee. And to remove the morse code test from ham radio
testing as soon as possible. The first protest is August 1st 6 pm local
time on 28.306 USB
-------clipped----------
=A0=A0=A0=A0You have every right in the world to contact

the FCC and let them know what you would

like to happen as far as code and license

requirements. They even make it easy for you

to do, so by all means, do it!.

=A0=A0=A0=A0Then comes the part about an 'on the air'

protest. Just how silly (read that as stupid) can
you get? If anyone thinks the FCC doesn't

know that people want the code requirement

dropped they are very, very uninformed (read

that as stupid too).

=A0

=A0Only the contingency that doesn't wish to work for something is
bitching and crying about code. Your statement would be just as valid if
you would have wrote "If anyone thinks the FCC doesn't know that people
want the code requirement retained, they are very, very uninformed."
"Stupid", is one who fails to see both sides of an issue due their
myopic view and inability to compromise. I find it ironic NCI's
recruiting slogan is something akin to "Helping to preserve Ham Radio"
while attempting to abolish a staple and foundation of what hammie radio
was built upon. "Preservation through elimination and
discardment",,,LOL,,what a lot!

A 'protest' would accomplish absolutely

nothing beneficial, and would do harm instead.

Mr. Lalli, you have no way of knowing such things unless you are a seer.
KC8LDO recently affirmed how one can not tell the future. In this
aspect, he was correct.

Talk about getting what you wanted and then

shooting your self in the foot! Just a little bit of

thought would

show you how silly the whole thing is... =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 'Doc

PS - 'Civil Disobedience' is just a cowards way
of saying crime.

=A0

=A0You are a fascist individual. For your information, this country was
forged by the exact behaviors which you refer to as "criminal". If the
colonists were "cowards" as you allude, it leaves no doubt as to who the
heros are in your eyes. No, Mr. Lalli, a "coward" is a hammie who
attempted psuedo-anonymous, unprovoked harrassment of a cber via
usenet,, ,then claimed his server was on the blink. A "coward" is one
who quietly slipped away with his tail between his legs after losing his
posting access for such behavior. A "coward" is a liar who lied about
being busted for not following the rules, even when presented with the
email from your ISP claiming your account was "terminated."
=A0=A0A "coward" is one who calls other's names while hypocritically
tossing huge stones while living in a glass house. A "coward" is one who
attacks others under the false premise of concern for the rules while
selectively ignoring the rules he feels he is above. Gee, Paul,,you're a
cowardly liar.