Old September 11th 03, 06:27 PM
Twistedhed

Default DX running today

The Keystone, NJ, WV, and Va all sounding absolutely bodacious today in
the sand pile.
Somewhere around the mangrove swamp,,click..click..click!! Twistin'
around Tampa Bay!

Old September 12th 03, 01:53 AM
Radioman

The secret is never use soap,,no matter, no how. Wax, but when it comes
to washing it, a soft, cotton cloth diaper and water only does wonders.
Dampen the corner and clean as needed,,,gently. If you stay out of the
mud and dab at it a little each day, the wax job will shine for a long
time. Do this only in shade ot after the sun goes down. I haven't waxed
mine since last year and you can still see yourself in the reflection.

Hmmmm. All I did was apply water, used a cloth to loosen the dirt, and
rinsed it off. Wax is applied with a wet terry cloth in a circular
motion to remove the rest of the dirt. (use a cleaner/wax) The main
portion of the haze is removed with a terry cloth and then polished
to a shine with the nice, soft fuzzy stuff on the inside of a sweatshirt.
You need to push REAL HARD. This method makes a swirl free shine IF you
stay in the shade. I add water to the rag when I add wax to keep it
from being a thick layer. If more wax is needed, repeat. Don't leave
the stuff on for more then 10 or 15 minutes or it gets too hard.

Never wipe your vehicle dry without washing as the grit will act like sandpaper.

Paper towels are made from wood and will scratch plastic and paint.
Old September 12th 03, 08:31 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Radioman)
=A0=A0The secret is never use soap,,no matter, no how. Wax, but when it
_
(Hmmmm. All I did was apply water, used a cloth to loosen the dirt, and
rinsed it off. Wax is applied with a wet terry cloth in a circular
motion to remove the rest of the dirt. (use a cleaner/wax) The main
portion of the haze is removed with a terry cloth and then polished to a
shine with the nice, soft fuzzy stuff on the inside of a sweatshirt. You
need to push REAL HARD. This method makes a swirl free shine IF you stay
in the shade. I add water to the rag when I add wax to keep it from
being a thick layer. If more wax is needed, repeat. Don't leave the
stuff on for more then 10 or 15 minutes or it gets too hard.
Never wipe your vehicle dry without washing as the grit will act like
sandpaper.
Paper towels are made from wood and will scratch plastic and paint.)
_

Papertowels,,,,,yea, I learned that as a kid with a dirtbike. Brand new
RM 125 back when Back when Roger DeCoster was in his prime racing
Motor-Cross, I had a RM 125 that glistened in the sunlight with paper
towel scratches.
Been trying to go do the jam thing but tourist season is in full swing
and we just can't get away. Atlanta is as good as it's gonna get this
fall. Still trying to plan for that New Years gig. Mopar mentioned
Warren Zevon.....just bought "The Wind". Best stuff he ever did.
"Disorder in the House" indeed. That jam band in the sky keeps getting
bigger and better. Pity.

Old September 14th 03, 03:41 AM
Jim Hampton

You got that right. Alternator quit Thursday afternoon on a trip to a
friends. When I got there, I opened the hood and decided it isn't like
those old 56 Chevies and Fords I used to work on. They pack that stuff in
tight these days. Besides, I was 10 miles from home so ... called the
service station (he gave me a break when he heard "alternator" ... I think
the dollar signs appeared ... and only charged me $50.00 to tow the car 11
miles to his station). Ended up $50.00 for the tow, 1 hour labor, and
$169.00 for the alternator. Total bill including 8.25% sales tax was
$302.00 plus a few pennies. I'd have been out over $200 plus tax to do it
myself. Nah, I'll stick with the rods & reels LOL (besides, he had it fixed
and ready to go by 1:30 in the afternoon the next day whilst I was at work -
did I want to be without the car an extra day and work my fanny off to save
$65.00?)

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

---