Old November 15th 03, 10:47 PM
Radioman

I am considering allowing the e-mail box to just fill up... it is 100% spam
in the box anyhow.

Must be a Hotmail account. They bitch that my mailbox is full, but it's got
144K messages saying failures and patches. If they'd block them, my box
wouldn't fill up. Those rat *******s!!!

Yahoo is much better. Only a few spams a week with no filters.
Old November 16th 03, 04:15 AM
Landshark

"Brainbuster" wrote in message
Landshark wrote in message ...

Signed up Twist, I, Jim, Mopar among others to Spam
and sending virus's.

I had the same. A while back, there was a rather sudden increase in Spam.
Now it is about 7Mb of large files every day - I suspect they may be
viruses, but my filter deletes them on the server.

BTW: Be aware that the messages are forging the "return" address so, if

you
bounce the mail, an innocent person who is also suffering the mail bombing
will get your bounce messages.
You may even start getting "bounce" and automatic "virus" warning

messages,
as your address will be forged in some messages... I have already started
getting such messages from anti-virus systems. But, they get deleted on

the
server just the same.
As I do not use that address or account to send mail, any "bounce" or
"virus" messages are either faked (to get me to open the virus infected
mail) or a response to a forged e-mail message.

I am considering allowing the e-mail box to just fill up... it is 100%

spam
in the box anyhow.

Regards,

Peter.

Thank's for the warning.

Landshark

--
Hard things are put in our way,
not to stop us, but to call out our

Old November 23rd 03, 11:42 PM
Brainbuster

Radioman wrote in message ...
I am considering allowing the e-mail box to just fill up... it is 100%

spam
in the box anyhow.

Must be a Hotmail account.

No, it's an ISP account.

They bitch that my mailbox is full, but it's got
144K messages saying failures and patches.

That's what is filling my e-mail box. As I do not send mail with that
account, all those "bounce" messages can only be fake.

If they'd block them, my box
wouldn't fill up.

I cannot find a way to stop that ISP from accepting them in the first place,
although I know that my usual e-mail addy will allow blocking by the ISP.

Yahoo is much better. Only a few spams a week with no filters.

It will depend upon how well the addy has got known by spammers. Putting
the addy in newsgroups and on Web pages is a good way to get spammed.
The one I have filling with Spam started receiving large amounts of the crap
when another ISP took over the service... I'll bet they sold on information
to spammers. I now only use it as a spam trap.

Regards,

Peter.

The way to stop BPL WA8ULX Policy 32 October 2nd 03 05:03 AM
No Heaven for CW coders Clint Policy 21 September 24th 03 10:42 PM
No Heaven for CW coders Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL General 3 September 19th 03 04:12 PM
See what Steven K. Gielda Admin of Cotse says about the rec.radio Troll Kills Trolls Dead General 4 August 15th 03 07:52 PM
See what Steven K. Gielda Admin of Cotse says about the rec.radio Troll Kills Trolls Dead General 0 August 8th 03 10:09 PM