Old January 3rd 04, 07:33 PM
WA3MOJ

In article , Mike Coslo says...

I'm not sure which group you're posting from Steve, so I didn't trim the
groups. Once I know, I'll trim 'em out. cb and shortwave don't need all
this stuff (though shortwave listeners should be VERY concerned about BPL.

Steveo wrote:

"Bill Sohl" wrote:

ITU treaty is goofed up too?

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

What about that BPL thing, I know their using it in Manasass, anyone
hear how good or bad it is to HF comms?

Updates?

FEMA has expressed "grave concerns"

DERA has noted:

"DERA concludes that serious interference to and disruption of critical
emergency communications systems in several licensed services throughout
North America would almost certainly result from BPL implementation as
currently proposed," DERA's comments said. Endorsing FEMA's earlier
remarks, DERA said proposed BPL systems don't just pose a risk of
interference, they've already been shown to "actually cause harmful
interference to licensed radio services."

AMRAD has provided data that suggests that a Operating Ham within a half
mile radius will likely knock out BPL. The service is simply too
susceptable to interference.

from ARRL site:
AMRAD found that at a distance of just over one-half mile, data transfer
ceased in the face of a 100-W signal on 3980 kHz from a mobile
transmitter. Adjacent to the test property, AMRAD said data transfer
ceased in all but one instance at a transmitter power of just 4 W in the
BPL operating band of from 4 to 21 MHz.

back to me:

So BPL is a big source of interference to devices it isn't allowed to
interfere with, and it looks like a QRP or CB rig with a good antenna
can knock it out, but certainly a 100 watt rig will take BPL internet out.

As I figured, the BPL internet access concept is going down fast.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Will it wipe out my 2 meter handheld?

Old January 3rd 04, 07:56 PM
Mike Coslo

WA3MOJ wrote:

Well I must be braindead too then.I hope that bpl comes to my town so I can
afford something besides a dial up connection.

As long as you're satisfied with something that doesn't work!

- Mike

Old January 3rd 04, 08:40 PM
Dee D. Flint

Steveo wrote:

"Bill Sohl" wrote:

[...]

Yes, it will.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old January 3rd 04, 09:58 PM

Steveo wrote:
wrote:
Steveo wrote:
He scares me.

He would only scare me if he started driving in NW Georgia.

F#cker better not be driving nextel! (still ain't use to saying
nextel)

How is it that Park gets a ride before LaJoie?

--
___________________________
Truckers get the best $20 whores

Old January 3rd 04, 10:50 PM
gw

From: (No No Not George)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,re c.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.cb
Subject: Why You Don't Like The ARRL - More to like than to dislike
Date: 2 Jan 2004 17:40:27 -0800
.net

.net

et

om
rec.radio.shortwave:365822 rec.radio.cb:352598

Steveo ) wrote:
You see Dee D. how Steveo gets violent?

A clue by four is violent? Leave Dee alone already, leghumper.

Look at the thread you busted in on her so you started it dickwad.

No, I've replied to Dee before, without your moderation. What
made you decide to chime in with your worthless tripe this time?

Because your a TROLLLLLL Steveo and Dee D. needs to know it she was
clearly puzzled by you throwing N8WWMs name into the mix for no good
reason other than to cause trouble and lets face it you need to be
moderated, asslick.

I see that George

is back to trolling from his AOL account.
Please note the word "asslick":

N8WWM goes down in flames, again
Dunno, he was last heard jamming repeaters, they tossed him on the rain report
for it..as I recall. I heard you tossed a few salads in your day. asslick
rec.radio.amateur.policy - Jul 30, 2003 by Cool Breeze - View Thread (2 articles)

Feel the love here
... No surprises here. Asslick, you again seem to be retarded you brought
up another mans weight, do you want to have sex with george? ...
rec.radio.cb - May 11, 2003 by PhilC - View Thread (19 articles)

Oxendine Alert
... And your a dick with ears and you do use six,,, --
Your ass sucks wind you know nothing of me asslick and just as ...
rec.radio.cb - May 7, 2003 by PhilC - View Thread (25 articles)

Only George use's that saying in this group.

he hasn't used snapperhead in a while....
Old January 4th 04, 01:09 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"WA3MOJ" wrote in message
In article , Mike Coslo

says...

WA3MOJ wrote:

Well I must be braindead too then.I hope that bpl comes to my town so I

can
afford something besides a dial up connection.

As long as you're satisfied with something that doesn't work!

- Mike

Clueless newbie.

Sorry, you are clueless. How about reading some of the information about
how crappy this BPL will be before inserting foot in your mouth?

You are either a total fool, or, and this is probably the case..... unworthy
of calling yourself a ham. Why you ask? because your a dumbass.

Dan/W4NTI

Old January 4th 04, 01:13 AM
Steveo

Steveo wrote:
wrote:
Steveo wrote:
He scares me.

He would only scare me if he started driving in NW Georgia.

F#cker better not be driving nextel! (still ain't use to saying
nextel)

How is it that Park gets a ride before LaJoie?

He must have naked pics of someone and is blackmailing his
way.
Old January 4th 04, 02:00 AM

Steveo wrote:
How is it that Park gets a ride before LaJoie?

He must have naked pics of someone and is blackmailing his
way.

Ewww. Bill France in drag at a Rainbow march. That's just so wrong, at
too many levels.

--
___________________________
Truckers get the best $20 whores

Old January 4th 04, 03:07 AM
Mike Coslo

WA3MOJ wrote:
In article , Mike Coslo says...

WA3MOJ wrote:

Well I must be braindead too then.I hope that bpl comes to my town so I can
afford something besides a dial up connection.

As long as you're satisfied with something that doesn't work!

- Mike

Clueless newbie.

Got me pegged! 8^)

ARRL Propose New License Class & Code-Free HF Access Lloyd Mitchell Antenna 43 October 26th 04 01:37 AM
ARRL and the local scene KØHB Policy 3 May 17th 04 02:30 AM
NEWS: N2DUP announces for ARRL section manager in Minnesota Chuck Gysi N2DUP General 0 May 9th 04 09:18 PM
ARRL's Incoming QSL Burro Screwing NON ARRL members! NIW Policy 0 March 23rd 04 10:29 PM
ARRL Dilemmas (Representative KC8LDO a problem-operator) Twistedhed CB 0 August 20th 03 03:57 PM