Old January 12th 04, 10:09 AM
Dennis12Amplify

Default Still Screwed Up after 2 Years!

I can't believe this message board is still 'haunted' by the same few bad
apples after so much time has gone by............

I just read the last 10 or 15 days of postings, and this news group is as bad
or worse than when I left it.

Well, for the old timers out there; an update:

I retired from Lucent after 37 years (to avoid being laid off and to 'lock-in'
my retirement medical benefits before they reduced the retiree health plan
options again).

I finally had time to do some travelling and went to Sturgis for the first
time this year. Aside from Stugis, I have been spending most of my time fishing
and just riding my motorcycles; neither of which I can do in this COLD weather
which is why I decided to check in on the old newsgroup again.

To supplement my income I have been doing contract engineering for a medical
electronics place. Since I get paid by the finished job, I can come and go as
I please with no set schedule, and I really like that.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Regards,

Dennis W. Ostrowski
Old January 12th 04, 12:03 PM
Frank Gilliland

In ,
(Dennis12Amplify) wrote:

I can't believe this message board is still 'haunted' by the same few bad
apples after so much time has gone by............

I just read the last 10 or 15 days of postings, and this news group is as bad
or worse than when I left it.

Well, for the old timers out there; an update:

I retired from Lucent after 37 years (to avoid being laid off and to 'lock-in'
my retirement medical benefits before they reduced the retiree health plan
options again).

Now cross your fingers and hope the execs don't bilk the company into
bankruptcy.

I finally had time to do some travelling and went to Sturgis for the first
time this year. Aside from Stugis, I have been spending most of my time fishing
and just riding my motorcycles; neither of which I can do in this COLD weather
which is why I decided to check in on the old newsgroup again.

Every try ice fishing?

To supplement my income I have been doing contract engineering for a medical
electronics place. Since I get paid by the finished job, I can come and go as
I please with no set schedule, and I really like that.

Ain't it great? And a lot of states don't consider individual subcontracting to
be a taxable business unless you declare it as such.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Regards,

Dennis W. Ostrowski

Stay loose.

\
Dennis,

I don't know if you would remember me, but I just wanted to say welcome to
retirement! It's FUN, ain't it!!
Like you, I kinda got forced out in 2000, and looked upon the future with
dread. I worked all my life from the
age of 15 and couldn't envision not having a job to go to
or a "clock" to punch. I discovered a couple of things:
1) I am more busy than EVER, and (2 it is nice to get up in the morning and
have to option of doing or not
doing. I can get up in the AM, make a pot of coffee, and
go downstairs and tinker in my radio shack/shop, if the
weather is bad (snow, ice, rain), I don't have to go out in it. No traffic
to fight, no wear and tear on my car commuting.

The downside is that everyone now says, "OH! You can
do this little "favor" for me." or "How 'bout doing...........
you're retired and have nothing to do". Boy, ain't that a joke! There's
ALWAYS something to do.

But right now, I think I'll run up to a friend's shop and go to lunch!

73

Jerry

Stay loose.

who asked you anything gilligan ...you are one of the reasons that
this newsgroup is so screwed up....try and deny that fact will ya.....

well enjoy your retirement dennis......time flies when you are having
fun doesn't it?? yes this anti stuff has been going on now for
upwards of almost 5 years now and it does get old....but i do notice
you getting into verbal altercations with measures on the amp
refector.....good work.....keep it up......

who asked you anything gw ...you are one of the reasons that
this newsgroup is so screwed up....try and deny that fact will ya.....

Hey, now that you have more time with your retirement.........can
we continue our discussion on Peak power?.......... You hinted
that this newsgroup has become worse than it used to be, so I
figured a good old "on topic" discussion/argument would do this
group some good. Are you game?

Congrats on making it to retirement

[...]

retired kind of early didn't ya jerry???

well enjoy your retirement dennis......time flies when you are having
fun doesn't it?? yes this anti stuff has been going on now for
upwards of almost 5 years now and it does get old....but i do notice
you getting into verbal altercations with measures on the amp
refector.....good work.....keep it up......

who asked you anything gw ...you are one of the reasons that
this newsgroup is so screwed up....try and deny that fact will ya.....

well i am sure dennis can read gilligan......he is fair man and he
knows what i am talking about which is more than i can say for a
mental case like yourself........

well enjoy your retirement dennis......time flies when you are having
fun doesn't it?? yes this anti stuff has been going on now for
upwards of almost 5 years now and it does get old....but i do notice
you getting into verbal altercations with measures on the amp
refector.....good work.....keep it up......

who asked you anything gw ...you are one of the reasons that
this newsgroup is so screwed up....try and deny that fact will ya.....

well i am sure dennis can read gilligan......he is fair man and he
knows what i am talking about which is more than i can say for a
mental case like yourself........

well i am sure dennis can read gw......he is fair man and he
knows what i am talking about which is more than i can say for a
mental case like yourself........

WMLT radio station celebrates 60 years Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 5th 05 05:43 PM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Antenna 4 October 4th 04 05:16 AM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Dx 6 October 1st 04 07:40 AM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Equipment 9 October 1st 04 07:40 AM
Already 4 years ! Thierry Dx 0 September 30th 04 12:23 PM