Old August 8th 04, 03:57 PM
Chris

"M-Tech" wrote in message
| I think I found the answer to that one too....center loaded is better.

There are good antennas that are base, center, and top-loaded. It depends on
the application. Just make sure the coil is above the roof. The exception is
a shunt-fed base-loaded antenna. They work great on the trunk of a car or on
the roof.

Chris

| Ok, got a HR2510. Throw in 1 center loaded wilson 1000. Combine with
| custom antenna mount.
|
| Yields one nice radio install:-)
|
| Don
|
| "M-Tech" wrote in message
|
| "Leland C. Scott" wrote in message
|
| Select "Products" from the menu on the left. Then select "Mobil
Antenna
| Mounts" from the list on this page. Then select "K9000TM" at the
bottom
| of
| the list on this page. The picture is along the lines that you
| described
| and may give you some ideas to start your project.
|
| Good luck.
|
| --
| Leland C. Scott
| KC8LDO
|
| Ah...Nice:-) What about the part that a center-loaded antenna is better
| than a base-loaded antenna?? This "idea" will work ton's better if my
| antenna is center-loaded. I just want to know if I'll be putting myself
| in
| a "hole" from the get-go by using it.
|
| Thanks!!
|
| Don

Question about Sirius Satellite Radio Antenna [email protected] Broadcasting 0 August 27th 04 07:13 PM
Antenna Question Chris CB 0 August 5th 04 06:39 PM
EH Antenna Revisited Walter Maxwell Antenna 47 January 16th 04 04:34 AM
Antenna Safety Question mBird Antenna 5 November 5th 03 06:13 PM
FS: Swantenna Remote Control Mobile Antenna Dave Hollander Equipment 0 August 12th 03 01:26 AM