Old August 7th 04, 11:18 AM
M-Tech

Default Question...mobile antenna "thinking out of the box"...

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

Select "Products" from the menu on the left. Then select "Mobil Antenna
Mounts" from the list on this page. Then select "K9000TM" at the bottom of
the list on this page. The picture is along the lines that you described
and may give you some ideas to start your project.

Good luck.

--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Ah...Nice:-) What about the part that a center-loaded antenna is better
than a base-loaded antenna?? This "idea" will work ton's better if my
antenna is center-loaded. I just want to know if I'll be putting myself in
a "hole" from the get-go by using it.

Thanks!!

Don

Old August 8th 04, 12:36 PM
Steveo

What the **** are you doing now, advertising agriculture
services in a CB group?

14 mile road... lmfao!

"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
M-Tech;

If you get your motorized CB antenna mount working how about posting

some
pics on the net.

Yea, check out how lelnad the loser ran his coax into his roach motel.

http://img32.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img32&image=scan59.jpg

Heck it's likely your CB antenna you've brag about being on your
so-called tower. What a joke. Anyway do you know any of the following
businesses?

Barco Sons Inc.
935 W Liberty St.
Medina, OH 44256-1321
330-722-3038
Company Officals: Bob Barco (manager)

Morlock Materials
6126 Norwalk Rd
Medina, OH 44256-9453
330-723-2585
Company Officals: Dan Morlock (owner)

Susan's Garden
2000 Wilbur Rd
Medina, OH 44256-8494
330-239-9433
Company Officals: Susan Gray (owner)

Peters Professional Landscaping Inc
6984 Lafsyette RD
Medina, OH 44256-8580
330-722-8884
Company Officals: Chris Peters (president)

North Royalton Nursery Inc
4463 Weymouth Rd
Medina, OH 44256-9249
330-725-4755
Company Officals: Michael Montemarano (president), Angie Lombardo
(secretary),
Joe Lombardo (vice president)

L & L Shetler's Lawn Mower Inc.
Shetlers Outdoor Power Equipment
999 Lafayette Rd
Medina, OH 44256-2414
330-722-14111
Company Officals: Leonard F. Shetler Jr. (president)

Organic Way Inc
The Place
2377 Medina Rd
Medina, OH 44256-9666
330-239-4000
Company Officals: Andrea Reedy (president), Raymond M. Klubnik (cheif
executive officer),
Michelle Albright (treasurer), Donetta Klubnik (secretary)

Ever Sharp Power Equipment Inc.
2480 Medina Rd
Medina, OH 44256-9640
330-723-2480
Company Officals: Alan Kowal (president), Suzanne Kowal (secretary -
treasurer)

Richey Industries Inc.
910 Lake Rd
Medina, OH 44256-2453
330-725-4997
Company Officals: Richey Smith (president)

Plasti-Kote Inc.
1000 Lake Rd
Medina, OH 44256-3598
330-725-4511
Company Officals: Michael Brant (general manager)

vonroach wrote:
Droughts
make wonderful opportunities for various fertilizer and pest remedy
peddlers.

As long as you don't wait too long, then the control products
are useless. In that case, I change hats and sell you a new lawn.

Pay me now, or pay me later. (It's much cheaper to pay me now)

"
wrote:
On 27 Jun 2003 21:01:43 GMT,

wrote:

Weather sure is strange, here in northern Ohio we've had
a really wet spring. I haven't even used my irrigation
system yet..

Where in Ohio? I grew up in Warren and went to school at YSU.

Medina area, rt 18 & 71.

Old August 8th 04, 12:45 PM
Steveo

"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Leland C. Scott" wrote:
M-Tech;

If you get your motorized CB antenna mount working how about posting

some
pics on the net.

Yea, check out how lelnad the loser ran his coax into his roach motel.

http://img32.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img32&image=scan59.jpg

Heck it's likely your CB antenna you've brag about being on your
so-called tower. What a joke.

No, it's -your- coax run. Why are you so ashamed of it? Here's
another view of it folks, it you look closely at the top of
the entrance door, you can see Leland's -antenna farm- being
held down by a cinder block! What a ****ing hack!!! ROFL!!

http://img25.exs.cx/img25/2/lelands-a-liar.jpg
Old August 8th 04, 03:35 PM
Landshark

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

Useless info snipped

Try this site, I think it will tell all about Mopar:

http://www2.wi.net/~rkurer/toontracker/magilla.html

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Landshark

--
That does suck..sometimes you're the
windshield..sometimes you're the bug.

Old August 8th 04, 03:35 PM
Landshark

"M-Tech" wrote in message
Ok. Here's the deal. It's time for an antenna on my 2001 Silverado.

It's
an extended cab 4x4 and if I put anything higher than a foot on my roof,
it's comin' off when I pull in the garage. So, I was thinking:-) What if
someone took a center loaded antenna and mounted it to a swivel mount that
was mounted to the bed, but in BETWEEN the bed and cab. When it was

rotated
180 degrees the mount would be about a foot lower than the cab...leaving

48"
of center loaded antenna above the roof. I could toggle the action using

12vdc mechanism of some type. With the press of a button, the mount would
rotate 180 degrees and point the antenna down, right between the cab and
bed. Thus, instant antenna clearance without exiting the cab.

I've been told that a decent quality center-loaded will always beat a

decent
quality base-loaded antenna of the same height.

Thoughts? Opinions?? No laughing please:-)

Thanks

Don

You could use a ball mount and then just take the
allen wrench and loosen it, swivel it down. Also you
can just use a quick disconnect, It's easy and works.
As for an electric swivel, seems like a lot of work, but
give it a try, let us know how it comes out.

Landshark

--
Treat people as if they were what
they ought to be and you will help

Old August 8th 04, 03:46 PM
Steveo

"Landshark" wrote:
"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

Useless info snipped

Try this site, I think it will tell all about Mopar:

http://www2.wi.net/~rkurer/toontracker/magilla.html

How much for that gorilla in the window, Mr Peebles? ;p

Leland C. Scott -------- cowardly putz
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Landshark

Old August 8th 04, 03:57 PM
Chris

"M-Tech" wrote in message
| I think I found the answer to that one too....center loaded is better.

There are good antennas that are base, center, and top-loaded. It depends on
the application. Just make sure the coil is above the roof. The exception is
a shunt-fed base-loaded antenna. They work great on the trunk of a car or on
the roof.

Chris

Old August 9th 04, 04:07 PM
Chad Wahls

"Landshark" wrote in message
m...

"M-Tech" wrote in message
[...]

If you are going to do that then carry a letherman anf take it off I
have to sometimes park in a garage with a low clearance and bought one of
these :
http://www.walcottcb.com/catalog/pro...de3486abe2288d
I got tired of removing it. My antenna is in the rear corner of my bed on a
stake hole mount. I had a quick disconnect but someone other than me
disconnected it, now I can't seem to locate it

One thing I've never understood are people who mount the antenna right next
to the cab and use a 3-4' antenna. How does that affect the performance of
the antenna? how 'bout SWR? This is one of the reasons I went for a rear
mount. Even better than that are the sect of morons around here with big
ass dual 5' fiberglass antennas on a pickup truck. Even worse than that,
some don't have them hooked to anything (no radio) Hell, if you are going
to spend the money to look like you don't know what you are doing at least
buy a coupla 259's and a few feet of coax so it LOOKS like it's hooked to
something. sheesh.

Chad

Old August 10th 04, 02:45 PM
Landshark

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message

[...]

Interesting, thanks for the link.
I've never had any problems with my quick
disconnect leaving without me, but that mount
looks good too.

Landshark

Old August 10th 04, 03:11 PM
Chad Wahls

"Landshark" wrote in message

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message

[...]

No problem, The people at Walcott CB are wonderful! they are informative,
polite, and fast.

Chad

Question about Sirius Satellite Radio Antenna [email protected] Broadcasting 0 August 27th 04 07:13 PM
Antenna Question Chris CB 0 August 5th 04 06:39 PM
EH Antenna Revisited Walter Maxwell Antenna 47 January 16th 04 04:34 AM
Antenna Safety Question mBird Antenna 5 November 5th 03 06:13 PM
FS: Swantenna Remote Control Mobile Antenna Dave Hollander Equipment 0 August 12th 03 01:26 AM