Old January 30th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jack O'Neill

Default 102" whip

Volker Tonn wrote:

Jack O'Neill schrieb:

Volker Tonn wrote:

Scott in Baltimore schrieb:

108' Stainless Steel whip ........................ 4.5db
7' Firestik .................................................. .
5db

I still think my KW-7 kicks butt! I talk skip on AM and SSB using
a small 2 pill on low.

Got news for you. Skip can be "talked" with as little as 10 MILLI
watts!!
Granted, you need a good antenna and all the patience in the world
for this
kind of power level, but it is done. The hams call it "QRP"

You wanted to answer Scott?
***I*** do know that.... ....when conditions are good....

yep.........oops

Old January 30th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jack O'Neill

Steveo wrote:

Jack O'Neill wrote:

--------------040301040402070807080502

Gen. J. O'Neill
/pre
/blockquote
pre wrap=""!----
/pre
/blockquote
font size="+1"font face="Arial" 73br
/font/font
/body
/html

--------------040301040402070807080502--

YIKES!

yea, whats up with that??
Old January 30th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jack O'Neill

I remember back yonder in the late 1960s, early 70s.
I took an 8 foot florescent lamp and keyed up my radio and the 100 watt amp
and locked it in transmit. Then I took the 8 foot lamp and held it
next to
my 102 inch whip. The lamp lit up full brightness. I was able to walk
around 4 or 5 feet away from the
antenna before the lamp would go out. It was pretty cool at night to
see this 8 foot fluorescent bulb lit up
and I being tossed it around. People on the road stopped to find out
what the hell was going on!!!
Amazing what a bit of RF can do!!

Gen, J. O'Neill
Old January 30th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jack O'Neill

I remember back yonder in the late 1960s, early 70s.
I took an 8 foot florescent lamp and keyed up my radio and the 100 watt amp
and locked it in transmit. Then I took the 8 foot lamp and held it
next to
my 102 inch whip. The lamp lit up full brightness. I was able to walk
around 4 or 5 feet away from the
antenna before the lamp would go out. It was pretty cool at night to
see this 8 foot fluorescent lamp lit up
as I twirled it around. People on the road stopped to find out what the

Old January 30th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
DrDeath

"Jack O'Neill" wrote in message
I remember back yonder in the late 1960s, early 70s.
I took an 8 foot florescent lamp and keyed up my radio and the 100 watt
amp
and locked it in transmit. Then I took the 8 foot lamp and held it next
my 102 inch whip. The lamp lit up full brightness. I was able to walk
around 4 or 5 feet away from the
antenna before the lamp would go out. It was pretty cool at night to see
this 8 foot fluorescent bulb lit up
and I being tossed it around. People on the road stopped to find out what
the hell was going on!!! Amazing what a bit of RF can do!!

Gen, J. O'Neill

Yeah, been there and done that. Fluorescent blacklight was more impressive.

Old January 30th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Volker Tonn

Jack O'Neill schrieb:

kind of power level, but it is done. The hams call it "QRP"

You wanted to answer Scott?
***I*** do know that.... ....when conditions are good....

yep.........oops

And -of course- hams call it QRPP :-)

regards

Old January 30th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Smooth B

Default "What's the matter? Can't you afford to take a gamble?"

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:20:30 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:26:51 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote in
:

snip
BTW, the offer still stands.

On second thought, no it doesn't. After seeing how low the price has
dropped for this super-duper stick that allegedly performs better than
a 102" whip, I'm convinced that your tests were bogus and that you
falsified the data/results for whatever reason. I don't know that
reason but I'll bet it has something to do with money. Maybe you own
stock in the company, or you're the dope in the shop that builds these
things -- don't know, don't care, and it don't matter cause you and
your antenna are worthless.

Now go get a -real- job and quit selling snake oil on the internet.

Where can I take a look at this antenna???
Old January 30th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
U-Know-Who

"DrDeath" wrote in message
wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 12:48:59 -0500, Jack O'Neill

Im thinking of getting a 102" whip, I dont think I need the spring
because of where im mounting it. But is it nessesary? Should I get it
with the whip ?

Hi, been on CB since 1968. If you get the spring the whip tends to
bend back quite a bit
when doing high speeds. I used the spring only once early on. I got
myself a quick connect
and replaced the spring. Its about the same length as the spring. This
way the whip does not bend back nearly as far which is better for
transmission
and reception being it remains mostly vertical. And the quick
disconnect allows you to remove the whip quickly and
put it in your trunk!! Done this for many many years!! I'm very
pleased with it!!
73

Gen. J. O'Neill

Seeing how you brought up the bending of the antenna..........
Another disadvantage of the 102" ss whip is the gain lost because of
this bending. It is significant.

Without the spring a good (not RS) 102" won't bend that much to make a
difference. I've always had one on my trucks over the years. We did have a
freezing rain storm a few years back, going 55 to 60mph the ice formation
had it bent pretty good.

Is it just me, or does 55-60 MPH seem a little fast for an ice storm? I must
be getting old....

Old January 31st 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jack O'Neill

U-Know-Who wrote:

"DrDeath" wrote in message

wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Maybe he was in K.I.T.T.?
Old January 31st 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim

Steveo wrote:
Vinnie S. wrote:

72 posts fot a 102" whip? WTF? ISee what happens when I leave you

incharge for a few days !

Vinnie S.

Crack that whip!

Isn't Devo from your neck of the woods hehehe