Old March 31st 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Michael Herron

Default Turner +2 mic internal wiring question

I have a Turner +2 desk mic That I have put together as it was in parts
(amazing that they were all there). Does anyone have the internal wiring
diagram for one of these as there is some wiring I can not figure out. In
particular, where do the 2 wires from the mic element connect to on the
board that has the gain control pot and where do the wires from the 9 volt
battery terminals connect to? These had been cut when it was taken apart so
not sure where they go. Thanks for any assistance. Mike.

Old April 2nd 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jon L

Greetings Mike! I looked through my Turner pamphlets, but I did not
find anything on the Turner + 2 desk mike. Wouldn't you know I just
sold 2 of them a couple months ago.
I did find the info on the hand mike version, the M + 2U. It takes a 7
volt battery instead of the 9 volt. I don't know that the internal
wiring would be the same. If you find that it is I can help.
Another thing would be to see if the Side Kick was wired the same. I
know I used the Side Kick on the same radios as I did the + 2.
You might try one of the amateur radio news groups if no one here can
help. Those mics were popular on the old Drake stuff and some others.
Have a great week! Jon in South Carolina.

Old April 2nd 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Dr.Death

"Jon L" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings Mike! I looked through my Turner pamphlets, but I did not
find anything on the Turner + 2 desk mike. Wouldn't you know I just
sold 2 of them a couple months ago.
I did find the info on the hand mike version, the M + 2U. It takes a 7
volt battery instead of the 9 volt. I don't know that the internal
wiring would be the same. If you find that it is I can help.
Another thing would be to see if the Side Kick was wired the same. I
know I used the Side Kick on the same radios as I did the + 2.
You might try one of the amateur radio news groups if no one here can
help. Those mics were popular on the old Drake stuff and some others.
Have a great week! Jon in South Carolina.

The +3 and the sidekick are the same mic, the +2 is wired different, even
sounds different.