Old June 23rd 06, 07:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
an_old_friend

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewith other.

Sal M. Onella wrote:
"Dee Flint" wrote in message
. ..

Dee Flint, N8UZE

I don't think you insulted me -- it was whoever said I don't deserve a
license.

I beliveveSal I was being addressed

However, I do think it's a bit of a stretch to say that I can learn code
just because I can speak and understand words. You should see what my raw
typing looks like before I go back and fix it prior to hitting send (or
should I say "sned," which was what I typed the first time -- typically four
or five of those per line.) It's pretty bad.

indeed it likely looks much like what I send to the gruops on many
occasion (sine these folks were never satisfied with even my more
polished work)

I'm thinking of trying to learn the dits and dahs as strings of written dots
and dashes on paper. According to everything I've been told or exposed to,
that is not recommended.

The ARRL VEC will not premite that in code even as an accomdation
All the training says the goal is to perceive each
letter as a consolidated unit of sounds without any intermediate translation
steps. Well, since I'm positive that isn't working, particularly for
characters of four or more elements ... maybe a graphical alternative is in
order.

but it isn't allowed by the largest organiztion involed in code
testing, the erefusual of the Code testing side to enage in any
meanfull compromises is what finaly convinced to to aid and fight the
NoCode cause over some kind of compromise