Old December 16th 03, 12:04 PM
Gene Storey

"Hank Oredson" wrote

Perhaps you could attempt to answer my simple question,
or is that too hard for you?

What "new development"?

What you are trying to say, is that there is nothing new. It's not really a
question, it is an indictment. One of your continuing themes in this group
has been that you know what is good for everyone, and that your "religion"
is the correct one, and everyone else is going to "hell".

IRLP is nothing more than a solution to a need, that gives people an
added joy to their hobby. Like packet radio, it will probably be fun for
a few years, and then people will drop it and go off to something that is
more fun/different.

A good friend of mine used to say "I don't build repeaters anymore, because
it attracts the wrong people to the hobby." Packet radio is the same problem.
The people it attracts don't even care to adjust their hardware.

IRLP will attract the wrong people to the hobby, and the people who built it
will go off and start a new project.

It's nothing to get upset over.

Old December 16th 03, 01:23 PM
charlesb

"Gene Storey" wrote in message

It's nothing to get upset over.

You keep forgetting Gene that some hams actually do care about the hobby.
You can try to project your hostile, anti-ham attitude upon other hams, but
fortunately most hams are better people than you are, and the anti-ham
attitude just doesn't stick.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL
Director: USPacket.Net
http://www.uspacket.net

Old December 17th 03, 12:30 AM
Gene Storey

"charlesb" wrote

You keep forgetting Gene that some hams actually do care about the hobby.

Name five.

You can try to project your hostile, anti-ham attitude upon other hams, but
fortunately most hams are better people than you are, and the anti-ham
attitude just doesn't stick.

You wouldn't know a ham at a convention of hams. You are probably the
biggest asshole on Earth, and I've never ever heard one ham say anything
nice about you. Why is that?

I'm about as anti-ham as Hiram Maxim was (a real ham, who would be rolling
over in his grave at what the ARRL is doing in his name). Real hams aren't
sheep. You're sheep.

Old December 17th 03, 03:01 AM
Traveler

Gene,

Do you have any idea why the name calling by this fellow? Most HAMs I know
are considerate of others opinions or at least will discuss with a civil
tone but Charlesb seems to be ignorant when it comes to discussing ideas.
What's his problem?

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
"charlesb" wrote

Old December 17th 03, 04:17 AM
Hank Oredson

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
"Hank Oredson" wrote

Perhaps you could attempt to answer my simple question,
or is that too hard for you?

What "new development"?

What you are trying to say, is that there is nothing new. It's not really a
question, it is an indictment. One of your continuing themes in this group
has been that you know what is good for everyone, and that your "religion"
is the correct one, and everyone else is going to "hell".

Care to tell us just what this "new development" is?
Too hard for you, eh?

IRLP is nothing more than a solution to a need, that gives people an
added joy to their hobby. Like packet radio, it will probably be fun for
a few years, and then people will drop it and go off to something that is
more fun/different.

Just like leased phone line linked receivers / transmitters
way back in the early 1950s. Like I said ... what's new here?

A good friend of mine used to say "I don't build repeaters anymore, because
it attracts the wrong people to the hobby." Packet radio is the same

problem.
The people it attracts don't even care to adjust their hardware.

Eh?

IRLP will attract the wrong people to the hobby, and the people who built it
will go off and start a new project.

Sure, so what?

It's nothing to get upset over.

Who's upset? I'm not.
Just asked some questions.

--

... Hank

Hank: http://horedson.home.att.net
W0RLI: http://w0rli.home.att.net

Old December 17th 03, 04:19 AM
Hank Oredson

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
"charlesb" wrote

You keep forgetting Gene that some hams actually do care about the hobby.

Name five.

Why?

You can try to project your hostile, anti-ham attitude upon other hams, but
fortunately most hams are better people than you are, and the anti-ham
attitude just doesn't stick.

You wouldn't know a ham at a convention of hams. You are probably the
biggest asshole on Earth, and I've never ever heard one ham say anything
nice about you. Why is that?

Ya gonna answer my simple question?

I'm about as anti-ham as Hiram Maxim was (a real ham, who would be rolling
over in his grave at what the ARRL is doing in his name). Real hams aren't
sheep. You're sheep.

Real hams answer simple question asked by other hams.
Real hams use their callsign. You have one?