Old December 10th 03, 04:35 PM
larry

Default irlp

Greetings again

Maybe I am just not reading the instructions correctly but do you need a
special board pluged into your computer to simply listen to a repeater on
the network?

Larry ve3fxq

Old December 11th 03, 03:32 PM
charlesb

"larry" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
Greetings again

Maybe I am just not reading the instructions correctly but do you need a
special board pluged into your computer to simply listen to a repeater on
the network?

The main thing Larry, is that you have to have a special lack of
intelligence that allows you to get on the Internet and call it "Ham Radio"
just because some moron has hooked his radio up to the Internet.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Old December 11th 03, 05:38 PM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

In general NO -- computers with the Sound Blaster cards or equivalent --
work just fine.

--
73 From The Wilderness Keyboard

Old December 11th 03, 07:47 PM
Traveler

Charles,

I see that you don't much care for progress....or are you just always
ornery...bet those who used smoke signals felt the same way when more modern
forms of communication came along.

Ray
WA0LQT
"charlesb" wrote in message
om...

Old December 11th 03, 09:26 PM
Hank Oredson

I really do get a kick out of those who think that
NOT using radio is somehow progress in the USE of radio!

The display of ignorance is quite amazing.

--

... Hank

Hank: http://horedson.home.att.net
W0RLI: http://w0rli.home.att.net

"Traveler" wrote in message
Charles,

I see that you don't much care for progress....or are you just always
ornery...bet those who used smoke signals felt the same way when more modern
forms of communication came along.

Ray
WA0LQT
"charlesb" wrote in message