Old July 2nd 04, 11:58 PM
Doz

Hi Steve,

Maybe you can help...
Myself and another ham are setting up a bbs here in Swansea, UK. WinFBB(16)
with BPQ...

Any pointers ???

I have both software installed - latest Winfbb and BPQ 4.08b (with
ll's) - onto a windows 95 osr2 box

I have bpqcode.exe running from the autoexec and winfbb runs fine.

However... I don't have a clue on the routes... ports.. virtual or
otherwise!? The tnc is a tiny2 in kiss mode and can be accessed from
windows using Hyperterminal.

But on sending beacons etc from bbs, nothing goes outward to tnc.. no
lights.

Once it's working I'll also be needing to fwd and recv bulls and mail from
an internet link to LinFBB...

Could you supply some well needed input ?
Maybe take a gander at the config ?

It's below:

BPQ
; For Version 4.08
;
;
; CONFIGURATION FILE FOR G8BPQ SWITCH SOFTWARE
;
; The program which converts this text file to binary
; form is currently very crude - be VERY careful when
; editing this file!
;
;
; The order of parameters in not important, but they
; all must be specified - there are no defaults
;
;
;
HOSTINTERRUPT=127 ; Sets the Interrupt used to access BPQ Host Mode. Will
; normally be 127, but may be changed if this clashes with
; other software. BTRIEVE seems to use 127, so if you are
; using it, try INTERRUPT=126

; Memory Usage. If EMS=1, the system will attempt to put its
; data area into EMS Memory. At the moment it makes no attempt
; to manage sharing of the EMS window, so you must not run any other
; software using EMS.
;
; Setting EMS=1 seems to cause problems with Desqview. I suggest it
; is only used with non-DV installations.
;
;
EMS=0 ; dont use EMS RAM
;
; I seem to have problems with systems not using DESQVIEW - especially
; NNA BBS's. The DV calls SHOULD be ignored if DV is not loaded, but
; just in case, if you set DESQVIEW=0, the 'Release Timeslice' call
; wont be used. MAKE SURE that you set DESQVIEW=1 if using DV, or
; performance will be seriously affected.
;
DESQVIEW=1
;
;
; Station Identification.
;
; If a user connects to the NODE Callsign or Alias, he is linked
; to the switch code, and can use normal NetRom/TheNet commands
;
; If he connects to the BBS Callsign or Alias he will be connected
; directly to a BBS port. If none are available, the connect will
; be rejected.
;
; Note that of you are running only a NODE (ie BBS=0), or
; or just a BBS (NODE=0), then you must still put in two pairs of calls,
; but they MUST be the SAME.
;
; If you are running both, the calls MUST be different

NODECALL=GB7TXS-9 ; NODE CALLSIGN
NODEALIAS=SWAN

BBSCALL=GB7TXS ; BBS CALLSIGN
BBSALIAS=BBS ; BBS ALIAS

;
; 'ID' MESSAGE - SENT EVERY IDINTERVAL MINS
;
; WILL BE ADDRESSED FROM THE PORT CALLSIGN (IF DEFINED)
; ELSE FROM THE NODE CALL
;
; The following format allows KA nodes to include your system in
; their 'Nodes' lists.
;
IDMSG:
Network node (SWAN)
***
;
UNPROTO=MAIL ; DEFAULT UNPROTO ADDR

; 'I' COMMAND TEXT
;
; Note that the bit about needing a port param in connects is only
; necessary if you are running more that one (radio) port.
;
INFOMSG:
GB7TXS Packet Switch, Swansea. IO81AP
Commands are basically the same as NET/ROM, but to connect to another
normal station (not another node), you must specify a port number before
the callsign. Use PORTS command to list available ports. The BBS command
connects you to the associated Mailbox.
***
;
; CTEXT - Normally will only be sent when someone connects to
; the NODE ALIAS at level 2. If FULL_CTEXT is set to 1, it
; will be sent to all connectees. Note that this could confuse BBS
; forwarding connect scripts.
;
CTEXT:
Welcome to GB7TXS's Packet Switch in Swansea
Type ? for list of available commands.
***

FULL_CTEXT=0 ; SEND CTEXT ONLY TO L2 CONNECTEES TO ALIAS

; Network System Parameters
;
OBSINIT=5 ; INITIAL OBSOLESCENCE VALUE
OBSMIN=4 ; MINIMUM TO BROADCAST
NODESINTERVAL=60 ; 'NODES' INTERVAL IN MINS
IDINTERVAL=15 ; 'ID' BROADCAST INTERVAL (UK Regs require
; an AX25 ID every 15 mins)
;
BTINTERVAL=0 ; NO BEACONS

L3TIMETOLIVE=25 ; MAX L3 HOPS
L4RETRIES=3 ; LEVEL 4 RETRY COUNT
;
; I have seen suggestions that L4TIMEOUT should be increased to very
; high values (even as long as seven mins). Although 60 may be a bit
; short in some cases, I STRONGLY advise that you dont go much above
; 120 secs unless you understand ALL the implications.
;
; I've set TTL and TIMEOUT to the values agreed by the latest SYSOPS
; meeting - this does not imply that I agree with them!
;
L4TIMEOUT=120 ; LEVEL 4 TIMEOUT
L4DELAY=10 ; LEVEL 4 DELAYED ACK TIMER
L4WINDOW=4 ; DEFAULT LEVEL 4 WINDOW
;
MAXLINKS=30 ; MAX LEVEL 2 LINKS (UP,DOWN AND INTERNODE)
MAXNODES=120 ; MAX NODES IN SYSTEM
MAXROUTES=35 ; MAX ADJACENT NODES
MAXCIRCUITS=64 ; NUMBER OF L4 CIRCUITS
MINQUAL=10 ; MINIMUM QUALITY TO ADD TO NODES TABLE

BBSQUAL=30 ; BBS Quality relative to NODE - used to
; limit 'spread' of BBS through the network
; to your required service area. I've been
; asked to set a low default to encourage you
; to think about a suitable value. Max is 255

BUFFERS=255 ; PACKET BUFFERS - 255 MEANS ALLOCATE AS MANY
; AS POSSIBLE - NORMALLY ABOUT 130, DEPENDING
; ON OTHER TABLE SIZES
;
; TNC DEFAULT PARAMS
;
PACLEN=120 ; MAX PACKET SIZE
;
; PACLEN is a problem! The ideal size depends on the link(s) over
; which a packet will be sent. For a session involving another node,
; we have no idea what is at the far end. Ideally each node should have
; the capability to combine and then refragment messages to suit each
; link segment - maybe when there are more of my nodes about than 'real'
; ones, i'll do it. When the node is accessed directly, things are a
; bit easier, as we know at least something about the link. So, from
; Version 3.11 onwards, there are two PACLEN params, one here and
; one in the PORTS section. This one is used to set the initial value
; for sessions via other nodes, and for sessions initiated from here.
; The other is used for incoming direct (Level 2) sessions. In all cases
; the TNC PACLEN command can be used to override the defaults.
;
; The main reason for changing this now was a request from someone
; wanting to run an HF port.
;
;
;
TRANSDELAY=1 ; TRANSPARENT MODE SEND DELAY - 1 SEC
;
; Level 2 Parameters
;
; T1, T2 and N2 are now int the PORTS section
;
T3=180 ; LINK VALIDATION TIMER (3 MINS)

IDLETIME=900 ; IDLE LINK SHUTDOWN TIMER (15 MINS)
;
;
; Configuration Options
;
BBS=1 ; INCLUDE BBS SUPPORT
NODE=0 ; INCLUDE SWITCH SUPPORT
;
HIDENODES=0 ; IF SET TO 1, NODES STARTING WITH # WILL
; ONLY BE DISPLAYED BY A NODES * COMMAND
;
; THE *** LINKED COMMAND IS INTENDED FOR USE BY GATEWAY SOFTWARE, AND
; CONCERN HAS BEEN EXPRESSED THAT IT COULD BE MISUSED. I RECOMMEND THAT
; IT IS DISABLED IF NOT NEEDED.
;
ENABLE_LINKED=N ; CONTROLS PROCESSING OF *** LINKED COMMAND
; Y ALLOWS UNRESTRICTED USE
; A ALLOWS USE BY APPLICATION PROGRAM
; N (OR ANY OTHER VALUE) DISABLE
;
;
;
;
; 'COMBIOS' Port definitions.
;
; This section defines the virtual TNC's that the code supports.
;
; The basic format is:
;
; TNCPORT
; COM=n ; COMBIOS port number
; APPLMASK=nn ; Defaults to 1 (BBS)
; APPLFLAGS=nn ; Defaults to 6
; ENDPORT
;
; See APPLS.DOC for details on use of APPLFLAGS and APPLMASK
;
; Only TNC2 applications are supported through this interface.
; For information on using KISS or DEDHOST applications, see file
; DRIVERS.DOC
;
; Dont try to define more than 16 ports.
;
TNCPORT
COM=1
ENDPORT

;
; AX25 PORT DEFINITIONS
;
; These define the external links - normally to radios, but possibly
; to other computers, modems, etc.
;
; The hardware type and protocol are now defined separately, but
; at the moment only a limited number of combinations are possible
;
; Interrupt levels may be shared by any cards with suitable
; hardware. Examples are all but the earliest DRSI cards, and
; a MS400 modified as described by AA4RE in his MBBIOS documentation.
;
; There is a significant overhead in using the shared interrupt
; feature - try to use it on relatively low speed links, and
; wath out for TX underruns/RX overuns.
;
;
; See file PORTS.DOC for full details of available paramters.
;
; Note that all timer values are in ms intervals. Most TNC's
; use different units for the various timers, so be careful!
;
; The timings are all derived from the PC's timer interrupt,
; who's frequency is about 18.2 HZ, so the resolution is only to
; approx 50ms.
;

PORT
ID=144.950 Mhz 1200 Baud
TYPE=ASYNC
PROTOCOL=KISS
IOADDR=3F8H
INTLEVEL=4
SPEED=4800
CHANNEL=A
QUALITY=10
MAXFRAME=2
TXDELAY=500
SLOTTIME=100
PERSIST=64
FULLDUP=0
FRACK=7000
RESPTIME=2000
RETRIES=10
PACLEN=120

ENDPORT

ROUTES:
;
; ROUTES TO LOCK IN
;
; specify Callsign, Quality and Port. You can now also specify
; MAXFRAME, FRACK, PACLEN (in that order) to override the port
; defaults.
;
;
;GB7FCR,50,1 ; will be fwding to here over the internet
***
;
; APPLICATIONS SUPPORTED
;
; UP TO 8 ENTRIES OF UP TO 12 BYTES EACH
;
; THE FIRST 3 ARE RESERVED FOR BBS, HOST, AND REMOTE SYSOP - YOU
; CAN DEFINE THE OTHERS AS YOU LIKE.
;
; FOR COMPATIBILITY WITH EARLIER VERSIONS, JUST ENTER APPLICATIONS=BBS
;
; NAMES STARTING WITH * ARE NOT INCLUDED IN 'VALID COMMANDS' DISPLA
;
APPLICATIONS=BBS,,*SYS,CHAT/C NMCHAT
;
; NOTE THAT THE LAST ITEM CREATES A 'COMMAND ALIAS'. IF THE USER
; ENTERS 'CHAT' THIS IS CONVERTED BY THE SWITCH TO 'C NMCHAT'. THE
; TOTAL LENGTH OF THE PAIR CANNOT EXCEED 15 BYTES
;

I'm sure it's in Chinese?!

Best regards,

Dorian
mw1aah
"Steve" wrote in message
In article ,
(jimo) wrote:

All,
I am very new to BBSs and am trying to get F6FBB up and running with a
DSP232 in Host Mode. While the FBB700g docs state the BBS supports
the PK232, how different/similar are the PK232 and DSP232?

Does anyone out there have FBB running with a DSP232 in host (or any)
mode?

If yes, I would like to e-discuss further on the specifics... DSP232
setup, config files, etc.

Thx, Jim KN6PE

There is an F6FBB reflector running, though I don't know how much traffic
it carries these days, try sending 'SUBSCRIBE' to:
fbb-list ( at ) phx-az.com

Sorry I had to despambot that address, but better that than fill the list
with ads.

I've only ever run FBB through BPQ software, using TNCs in KISS mode, so
sorry I can't be any more help.

- Steve

Old July 3rd 04, 11:05 AM
Steve

In article , (Doz)
wrote:

Take a look at ..

http://www.vectorbd.com/bfd/f6fbb/wfbb+bpq.txt

- Steve
Old July 3rd 04, 11:05 AM
Steve

Old July 4th 04, 01:10 AM
Doz

Thanks for the reply Steve.

I've corrected the 9600 port speed. It was correct at 4800 but I
reconfigured the tnc to 9600 now. bpqconfig file reflects this too.

I'm getting confused at all the "ports"...

Lets deal with BPQ seperate... as I think this is where the problem lies.
It just can't seem to see the tnc.

Here is the relevant entry in the config file...

; The basic format is:
;
; TNCPORT
; COM=n ; COMBIOS port number
; APPLMASK=nn ; Defaults to 1 (BBS)
; APPLFLAGS=nn ; Defaults to 6
; ENDPORT
;
;
; Dont try to define more than 16 ports.
;
TNCPORT
COM=1
ENDPORT

;
; AX25 PORT DEFINITIONS
;
;

PORT
ID=144.950 Mhz 1200 Baud
TYPE=ASYNC
PROTOCOL=KISS
IOADDR=3F8H
INTLEVEL=4
SPEED=9600
CHANNEL=A
QUALITY=10
MAXFRAME=2
TXDELAY=500
SLOTTIME=100
PERSIST=64
FULLDUP=0
FRACK=7000
RESPTIME=2000
RETRIES=10
PACLEN=120

ENDPORT

The TNC is on com1 3F8H irq 4 - standard settings.

The tnc works fine under windows hyperterm direct to com1.

I run BPQCODE from the autoexec before windows starts... all is ok...no
errors..
Also a BPQ info message pops up before windows boot ... all seems normal.

Am I missing something here ?

Thanks,

Doz

"Steve" wrote in message
In article , (Doz)
wrote:

I have both software installed - latest Winfbb and BPQ 4.08b (with
ll's) - onto a windows 95 osr2 box

Not used WinFBB, the last version I ran was 5.15, but hey, I'll give
anything a go ! ;-)

However... I don't have a clue on the routes... ports.. virtual or
otherwise!? The tnc is a tiny2 in kiss mode and can be accessed from
windows using Hyperterminal.

What are you seeing, it should be complete gibberish.???

BPQ
; For Version 4.08
;
;
; Configuration Options
;
BBS=1 ; INCLUDE BBS SUPPORT
NODE=0 ; INCLUDE SWITCH SUPPORT
;

Are you sure ???

I had mine set to NODE=1

PORT
ID=144.950 Mhz 1200 Baud
TYPE=ASYNC
PROTOCOL=KISS
IOADDR=3F8H
INTLEVEL=4
SPEED=4800

really...? 9k6 is the norm.

CHANNEL=A
QUALITY=10
MAXFRAME=2
TXDELAY=500
SLOTTIME=100
PERSIST=64
FULLDUP=0
FRACK=7000
RESPTIME=2000
RETRIES=10
PACLEN=120

ENDPORT

everything else looks in order. I'll load up mine and compare a little
later when I've had caffeine and nicotine ;-)

BTW, you DID compile the bqgcfg.txt didn't you ;-)

HTH

- Steve