Old January 11th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Six Meter ops - Please QSL

Old January 11th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

(R. Scott) wrote in
:

http://www.arrl.org/lotw/

That isn't the best either, 2000+ contacts and I have 400 QSL cards
for it.

Yeah, my return rate isn't very good either, but it's there, it's
free and it works.

If you keep your logs on a PC, it's silly not to use it.

On the other hand, the boxes full of QSL cards are fun to browse
through when I'm feeling nostalgic for the good old days when we had
sunspots :-)

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |
Old January 12th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Caveat Lector wrote:
This assumes the other guy is with LOTW -- I suspect few Techs are on this
program.

I supect (and being a tech perhaps my suspisions on such a subject
should indeed carry weight) you are right

My return of LOTW for 6M contacts is minimal. But pretty good for HF.

But a worth while program Logbook of the World
http://www.arrl.org/lotw/#about

first time I have recalled seeing a link with any real mention of the
....program?

CL

"Bert Hyman" wrote in message
(Caveat Lector) wrote in
:

"Topaz305RK" wrote in message
I agree with your observations.

After checking my log and return on 6 meter QSL's I have found
that 6 meter ops are the worst return rate I have. I do better on
DX either direct, to a manager or via the buro.

I suspect the low rate of return may be because there are many
Technician class operators on the band and as such do not have QSL
cards like the HF ops. But gee one can make their own with a
computer and an ink jet printer
http://www.qsl.net/wa7s/

Heck; do it online for free:

http://www.arrl.org/lotw/

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Old January 12th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

N1KI wrote:

.. I wonder what percentage of us are still logging
each contact.

not I in general make me think prehaps I beeter mention in my qrz bio
if you expect a QSL card you should tell me during the contact

althought there are a couple of folks I refuse to QSL because I had
unpleasent dealing with outside of the imdeiate contact

Odd signal meter phenomenon Telamon Shortwave 0 November 25th 05 05:58 PM
SWR - wtf? john d CB 136 July 2nd 05 08:31 PM
SWR - wtf? Roy Lewallen Antenna 110 July 1st 05 05:30 AM