Old July 29th 08, 08:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-07-29

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the NEWSLETTER of "Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal, dated 2008-07-29.

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Since 2003 DF2ZC publishes the 144 MHz EME NewsLetter. This is a
free service for the EME community. Bernd, DF2ZC, informed us,
that the July-edition of the EME-Newsletter is now available at:
http://www.df2zc.de/newsletter/ - The August issue will be up-
loaded on 25st August 2008. SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF Bernd DF2ZC

***

HELP! Need 70cm skeds for Demo! This weekend is the 50th Anniversary
of Statehood Hamfest here in Anchorage. I am looking for any EME
stations that are willing to run skeds around 2030z on 31-July (this
Friday). Moon conditions are OK, but the sun is right in there close.
So stations with large antennas are desireable. The footprint at that
time will be USA, Asia, Australia, etc. The hamfest committee is
sponsoring a tour to bring a bus load of folks up to my place for an
EME demo. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Mike, KL6M
BP51dc - mail pse to: melum"at"alaska"dot"net SOURCE: MoonNet

***

UPDATING the MMMonVHF DATABASES for all of us continuous...
Hallo dear User of MMMonVHF. As you probably have seen our SERVICE
are only as good as you are doing UPDATES at our different DATABASES.
Please do yourself the favour and check periodical following links:
MWS (MOST WANTED SQUARES) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
MWDXCC (MOST WANTED DXCC) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dxcc.php
VHF-DATABASE http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dbase.php
and pass an UPDATE if you find anything which is incorrect...

***

PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT - only 3 weeks until the PERSEIDS-MS-Shower!!!
PERSEIDS Time is Meteorscatter Time and from these year onwards
as well CONTEST Time! Have a look at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ctest.php
The MMMonVHF MS-SPRINT-Contest will be held all over and world
wide! Several people did announce their activity meantime. We will
setup an Overview Table at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php later on!
Pass us Info if you want to be announced there in advance...

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

Rare "IO67-Square" qrv on 144 MHz during PERSEIDS-MS-Shower by
GM4DHF/p: My OYL partner (Jan) and I have booked a holiday cottage
on the Isle of Skye near the village of Staffin (IO67VP) for the
Perseids. I shall be QRV on 2M with around 250W into 2x7ele yagi
with a good take-off towards EU. Activity will be part time (early
morning, early evenings) as this is primarily a family holiday. I
hope for 'phone Internet access and so should be on ON4KST. I'm
likely to call on 370 and announce my rx QRG when active. QSL Info
and mo http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1800.
Looking forward to some FB MS activity.
73, SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx David, G4DHF

***

Phil, N0PB, EM39wo is looking to set up skeds for the up coming
Perseids shower for 2 meters. Looking for in particular anyone in
Oregon or Washington. The eastern edge of Oregon is about 1310
miles, Spokane,WA is 1374 miles. Very doable distance. I will most
certainly run with anyone that is willing to try, at whatever
distance in those 2 states. Also interested in any other skeds.
73, Phil N0PB EM39wo Missouri - SOURCE: VHF-Reflector

***

2008 'Expedition' DJ8MS - Past Weekend Tor, DJ8MS, was active as
LA/DJ8MS on 144 MHz Meteorscatter from JQ90NA. As well he will use
the MMMonVHF Tools and LATEST NEWS info sources at:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1704 he did set up a info
pool at his own homepage: http://home.infocity.de/dj8ms/
Keep an eye on his announces for next activities (maybe as well
again at next weekend) until mid august!
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Tor, LA&SM/DJ8MS

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

HB9Q JN47CG will be QRV August 2nd and 3rd on 144 and 432, probably
1296 MHz EME. We plan to be QRV August 2nd and 3rd. The activity
times and bands will be announced here a few days before the activity.
Please e-mail us ) if you like to get our final activity
information by e-mail. During the activity we will be stand-by on
N0UK logger and on our 432 logger (see EME loggers www.hb9q.ch).
Hope to work you! vy 73! SOURCE: direkt to MMMonVHF Dan, HB9CRQ/KT6Q

***

Special event call TM0FIL will be aired on all bands and modes
from 28 July to 10 August for the 38th Festival Inter-celtique
de Lorient (http://www.festival-interceltique.com/) QSL via F6KPQ.
SOURCE: [TNX F8REF] via 425 DX News #899

***

Special event station II5EME will be active on 1-15 August for
the 13th International EME Conference that will take place in
Florence on 8-10 August. QSL via IW5EIJ, direct or bureau.
Detailed information on the conference can be found at
http://www.ari-crt.it/eme2008/
SOURCE: [TNX IW5EIJ] via 425 DX News #899

***

Martin, PA2RUS and other operators will be active as PA66AW from
about 10 UTC on 20 September until about 10 UTC on the 21st. This
special callsign's suffix stands for Atlantic Wall, the system
of coastal fortifications built by the German Third Reich in
1942-44 along the western coast of Europe to defend against an
anticipated invasion of the continent from Great Britain. Expect
activity on 80, 40, 20 and 2 metres SSB. All of the QSOs will be
confirmed automatically via the bureau. Detailed information can
be found at http://www.pa66aw.nl
SOURCE: [TNX PA2RUS] via 425 DX News #899

***

Palau, T8. JI2TXU will once again be QRV as T88TX from Palau.
This time from August 15 to 20. Activity will be on SSB on 7,
14, 21, 24, 28 and 50 MHz. QSL via JI2TXU.
SOURCE: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 147) 26 Jul. 2008 20 Aug. 2008
Tnx Matt, OZ6OM, 50 MHz DX News

***

A joint team of Ukrainian and Moldavian operators will be active
from the Berezan Island in the Black Sea, July 24-29th. Activity
will be on the HF bands (80-10m) using CW and SSB, plus a
possibility of 6 meters. Operators mentioned a UR5FEL, UT4FJ,
UT0FT, UT0NT, US0ZZ, UT4ZG, ER3AI, ER3DW, ER3DX, ER3GS, ER3OO,
ER3ZZ and ER1DA. In the RSGB IOTA Contest, look for the callsign
UW2F or UW2F/p to be used. QSL via UT0FT, direct or by the bureau.
Activity before and after the contest, the operators will sign
homecall/p.
SOURCE: (QSP de Arne SM7AED) Tnx Matt, OZ6OM, 50 MHz DX News

***

A team from Venezuela and from 4M5DX Group, will be active in
All bands and All modes from La Blanquilla Is. with the call
YW5IOTA. Alex/YV5SSB, as a leader of the group and operators
will be YV5TX, YY4MP, YY4RN, YV1FM, YV5EU, OH0XX/YV5WW, YV5ANT
and YV5MSG. The date will be between 4 to 9 August and will
operate from 6 to 160 meters in SSB, CW and Digital...
SOURCE: tnx GOLIST and News on http://yw5iota.4m5dx.info/

***

Some SRT special calls will be active to celebrate the 5th
Strange Radio Team birthday. This year, the Strange Radio Team
is celebrating the 5th anniversary of its founding 5 very
successful years that we would like to celebrate as festively
as we can returning to the SRT's birthplace, the venerable
archeological and tourist site of Paestum, south of Salerno in
Italy. More Info: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1802
SOURCE: tnx IZ8EDJ and News on http://www.strangeradioteam.com/

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)