Old October 7th 08, 12:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-10-07

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-10-07
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

PAQSO Party announcement
The 51st annual Pennsylvania QSO Party is happening on October 11
and 12, 2008. Pennsylvania Amateurs work North America and the world,
North America and the world works Pennsylvania Amateurs. This is a
very late addition to the party, but when the suggestion was made,
I thought it too good to pass up. I will be modifying the online
summary sheets posthaste to incorporate a checkbox for the award.
And if anyone knows of any Hams who might be interested in
participating for the award, please pass this along to them.
PAQSO Party Website http://www.nittany-arc.net/paqso.html
73 de Mike N3LI via [CQ-Contest]

***

NEW VHF-DATABASE for USER and DX-Cluster - Issue 2.50 10/2008
A year is over again and we will be able to spread around a new
issue of the VHF-DATABASE (2.50 - 10/2008) to private USER as well
to all interested DX-Cluster Sysops (CLX, SPIDER, AK1A and/or DXNet).
The source of the VHF-DATABASE will be at our VHF Portal MMMonVHF
Meantime there are lot of sort functions and several visualisation
tools. After LOGIN at MMMonVHF you are able to use all these functions
and as well the download of the free of charge MS-DATABASES (Call3.txt
for WSJT!). If that is still not enough and you want to have your own
USER VHF-DATABASE-File or a DX-Cluster-Version we are able to provide you
with a D-base, WIN-Zipped file... If you interested in more details
please do visit our MMMonVHF-FORUM:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....vtopic&forum=3
and you be able to find more details (english: VHF250e.pdf ; german:
VHF250dl.pdf), the history (history.pdf), how to obtain it and more...

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

Keith G4ODA will be away to IO66 for a few days...
Keith departs on Wednesday for Oban [GM] and sails early Thursday
morning 09/10/08 for Colonsay [IO66]. He will be on holiday but have
radios with him, most probably 6m, 4m, 2m & 70cms. There's a reasonable
chance of activity, Keith will have the kit to be QRV. He will be on
Colonsay for around 10/12 days - futher info later on...
SOURCE direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Bob, G1ZJP

***

The Newly formed Middlesex DX Group are getting ready for there
planned trip to the Isle of Arran IO75, EU-123. There are 7 Members
going and will be active on all bands from 160m to 70cms and will be
activating several sota summits on 144mhz as GB2MDG & MS0MDG/P.
Latest News from the Team at ON4KST-Chat, dated 2008-10-06:
0616Z G1KAW Kevin #### gm all from io75 isle of arren#######
0743Z to all i have qsy to 370 gb2mdg tx 2nd isle of arren io75
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Simon, 2E0VAG and Kevin, G1KAW

***

RA0CGT qrv from PN78nl on 144 MHz EME - Evgeny, RA0CGT announced
today on EME Chat as follows: Hi all !!! I am work next week'end
144.144 MHz first 10:00-16:00 UTC pse DX qso PN78nl (RA0CGT/2X13H100
Evgeny xx PN78nl) - SOURCE: Evgeny, RA0CGT, via N0UK-JT65-Chat

***

Nicolas, F8FQX, (ex 5T5SN) will be qrv on 50 Mhz from up 1st oct.
2008 from Brazzaville, JI75PR. He will stay at Brazzaville, Rep. of
Kongo, (JI75PR, CQ Zone 36, ITU Zone 52) until 3-4 years. QSL will
be via Giorgio, IZ1BZV. SOURCE: FUNKTELEGRAMM 10/2008

***

Paul, 2E1EUB, will be active as 2M1EUB from October 11-21st.
Activity will be on all the satellites from northeast and northwest
Scotland. Checkout QRZ.com under 2M1EUB for more info.
SOURCE: Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #878

***

Just a reminder that operators Markus/DJ7EO, Heye/DJ9RR, Chris/DL1MGB,
Dietmar/DL3DXX, Tom/DL5LYM, Ben/DL6FBL, Dieter/ DL8OH, Robert/SP5XVY
and Joerg/DL8WPX will be active as VK9DWX this week between October
9-27th. Four stations should be on the air with amps on 160-6 meters
using CW/SSB/RTTY. QSL via DJ2MX. Read more at their Web page at:
http://www.vk9dwx.de or at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1568
SOURCE: Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #878

***

XU7MDY is again qrv, 23.10-8.11.2008. Modes are cw/ssb and RTTY, PSK3.
QSLs only direct via OH4MDY. The address is ok in qrz-com. CW-activities
are planned on following frequencies: 1822, 3502, 7006, 10104, 14007,
21007, 24897 and 28020 kHz. Active on 6m also. Qsl only direct.
Hope to hear You Retu OH4MDY/XU7MDY. SOURCE: Tnx Bill, NG3K

***

Activitiy from Albania from ZA0/IK7JWX, ZA0/I0SNY, ZA0/I8YGZ,
ZA0/I8LWL and ZA0/IK2AQZ. HF - WARC - VHF - SSB CW - PSK31 - RTTY
at IOTA EU-169 and M.I.A. MA-001 between 23 29 october 2009.
QSL via H.C., via BUREAU, 73 de Alfredo, IK7JWX (IU7A/p)
SOURCE: IK7JWX via Reflector

***

For the next Strange Radio Event, 17..19 October 2008, I will be on
the air with the special callsign I I 2 S R T / 6 from JN62WM ;
it is a country house on a good position high on a hill, but sorrily
I will not have beams .. I will rely on a 18AVT from HiGain and hope
to be able to erect a 160 - 80m dipole too. The station will be
equipped with my old one: IC746 IC2KL and AT500, plus an IC7000 .
It will be a single operator operation, I'll be there from 16th October
to 20th October . As you know the SRE will be held only in Phone mode.
Being a special Call Station, I'll be allowed to operate all bands,
so I'll do 160 to 6 m if propagation allows me. I wish we will have a
good propagation, good weather and no qrm, and more , no storms. I hope
to meet you on the air, and wish you all the best DX on this Event.
73 de Augusto, I2JJR / HB9TZA
SOURCE: Augusto, I2JJR / HB9TZA via Reflector

***

The callsign ON50WAASLAND will be used by member of the UBA Section
Waasland (WLD) to celebrate the radio club's 50 anniversary. A QSO
count for 10 point for the WLD Award. Make two QSO's on two different
band or two different modes with ON50WAASLAND and you can apply for
the WLD Award. Rules and information on our web http://www.wld.uba.be/
This beautiful multi-colored A4 format award contains all the armorial
bearings off the different regional communities. QSL via ON6WL UBA Buro
SOURCE: GOLIST DX News

***

Friends, The odds of once again experiencing all the challenges
that haunted me during my 2008 Six Meter trip to the Caribbean are
impossibly high so it is with much confidence that I happily
announce that I will return to San Andres 5J0 in 2009. Even
limited to 100 W and poor Es, a number of EU stations made it
into the log during two brief openings during the troublesome
trip. I am determined to prove that San Andres Island is not
"One Hop Too Far"! I will add a second op to help raise a
longer boom yagi and promise to insure that the KW amp is not
knocked about by Customs. Preliminary on-the-air dates are
June 17-July 5. A new website for 5J0M Caribe 2009 is now active
at: http://www.qth.com/k7bv/caribe2009
SOURCE: Dennis, K7BV via The UKSMG Website

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)