Old October 2nd 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2009-10-02

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de), dated 2009-10-02
We attempt to distribute our Newsletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

MMMonVHF VHF-DATABASE Issue 2.60 - 10/2009

A year is over again and we will be able to spread around a new
issue of the VHF-DATABASE (2.60 - 10/2009) to private USER as well
to all interested DX-Cluster Sysops (DX-Cluster-Types: CLX, SPIDER,
AK1A and / or DXNet). If you interested in more details please visit
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....vtopic&forum=3
and you be able to find more details (VHF260e.pdf), the history
(history.pdf) and more... Direct links to obtain the new VHF-DATBASE:

DX-Cluster Issue 2.60: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dbaseexport.php?dxcdb
(to implement in CLX, AK1A/SPIDER and DXNet DX-Cluster Areas)

USER-Version 2.60: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dbaseexport.php?usrdb
(to implement in VQLog, UcxLog, Ham Office, OHTest, TUCNAK and other)

Wish you a lot of fun with these new VHF-DATABASE!
SOURCE: Guy, DL8EBW, on behalf of the MMMonVHF Team

***

MMMonVHF DX Client (MDC):

Hello all, I finally implemented the N0UK JT65 EME Chat into the
MDC. So, you now have the possibility to send your info up to 3
destinations at once (ON4KST Chat + JT65 EME Chat + MMMonVHF
DXBlog). Feel free to download the latest version in your account
of MMMonVHF:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/minibb/index....age=0#m sg202
Any feedback or problem report is welcome! 73 Ansgar / DG2KBC
SOURCE: Ansgar, DG2KBC, on behalf of the MMMonVHF Team

***

Meteor Scatter: October 2009:

Major shower of this month is Orionids. This shower has produced
strong rates in 2006, 2007 and 2008, with lot of bright meteors.
A 12-years periodicity in Orionids stronger returns, extrapolated
from old observations, suggests that good Orionids rates are
expected even in 2009. Have a look to shower predictions for
October 2009 at our MS-Propagationpage: www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php
SOURCE: Massimo, IV3NDC, on behalf of the MMMonVHF Team

***

The new IARU Region 1: OK record on 122 GHz - 22,6km:

On 26th September was a opportunity to extend 122 GHz record with
a contact from Benecko in JO70SQ to Kozakov - JO70PO. In contrast
to Sunday 20th September, when the humidity was so high that even
direct visibility was impossible, weather was more friendly and QSO
was quickly achieved. Signals weren't so laud, just two ways 529,
however signals were quite stable without any kind of fading, More
details: http://www.ok2kkw.com/next/122g/ok1a...g_22km_eng.htm
We haven't heard about any longer contact on 122 GHz in Europe so
we believe it's the new IARU R1. record and new OK of course.
73 Pavel, OK1AIY - All records: www.ok2kkw.com/dxrecords.htm#76g
SOURCE: tnx to Matej, OK1TEH direct to MMMonVHF

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

*** IARU R1 UHF/SHF Contest 2009 (3rd/4th October) ***

As well as in past years, Matej, OK1TEH, did setup a list of
stations participating at the european IARU R1 UHF/SHF Contest
2009 (3rd/4th October 2009). For details please do refer the
following Page: http://www.darkside.cz/qrv.php
SOURCE: Matej, OK1TEH at OK2KKW webpage

*** DL / JO34 ***

432 MHz IARU-Reg.1 Contest DR3M at JO34WE (Helgoland - EU127)
Hello, we will be QRV if weather permitt, in October Contest on
432 MHz from JO34WE Helgoland EU127. Station: Beko Power HLV550
550Watt, Antenna 2x21 F9FT. We are QRV in DX Cluster. This QTH
is nice to work any DX,pse turn your Antennas to JO34WE. 73
SOURCE: Tom, DG7TG (DR3M), direct to MMMonVHF

*** CT / IN61 ***

Jose Carlos, CT1DHM, will be qrv from IN61CA during the U/SHF
Reg.1-IARU Contest. Qrv all time on this bands and also on 144
for MAF Spanish contest.
SOURCE: tnx to Jose Carlos direct to MMMonVHF

*** GM / IO76 ***

Hi All, Just a quick note to say I should be qrv from IO76xa
1000ft asl on 23 and hopefully 13 tomorrow bewtween 1800 and
2000 local testing my /P gear and seeing if KST works!
Running on 23cm 40w 25el LQY and 13cm 17w to 25el. Hopefully
hear and work some of you! Planning to be out on Sat as well
if wx holds around the same times but perhaps a bit earlier
start. 73 - SOURCE: Alan, GM0USI, via UK-MW-Reflector

*** GM / IO86 ***

Activity from GM (io86?) 3rd/4th October
Myself & GM8BJF intend to be operational on Sunday 4th Oct only
(forecast for Saturday is for gale force winds) probably from
IO86RV which is a very good site for East Coast and Continent.
Intend to operate on 23cm (80W), 13cm (60W), 3cm (1W) & 24 GHz
(1W). Will have 144MHz talk back but NOT KST. My mobile number
for scheds is 07769822648. Hope to be operational; from 0930
BST until 1500 BST. This is a change (not yet definitely
confirmed) from our usual site at IO74WV. 73
SOURCE: Pete GM4BYF, via UK-MW-Reflector

*** UR / KO51 ***

Again a MS-Activity to a rare Square from the Team of Val
UT6UG/p, Oleg UX5UL/p and Greg UY5UG/p. These time activity
from KO51 Square The group of UT6UG/p, UX5UL/p, UY5UG/p, will
be QRV on 144 MHz 07-09 october 2009 from KO51. RIG shall be
13B2 antenna and abt. 300 Watt. Latest News at:
http//www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2898
SOURCE: tnx to Oleg, UX5UL, direct to MMMonVHF

*** PRE-ANNOUNCE of an EME-Expedition to Maledives (8Q) ***

Dan, HB9CRQ, did send MMMonVHF an first Pre-Announce for the
upcoming EME Expedition to th Maledives Islands in march 2010.
Operator will be of Pierre, HB9QQ and Dan, HB9CRQ and maybe
other Members of the HB9Q Team. Mainwork will be 144 MHz but as
well 6m and 23cm band will be joined. If there are more Operators
maybe as well 70cm will be activated (if any OP will have interest
to join the Team please pass an info to Dan, HB9CRQ). Flights and
Bungalows are booked already. Soon MMMonVHF will spread out more
detailed informations (http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2896)
SOURCE: tnx to Dan, HB9CRQ, Team of HB9Q direct to MMMonVHF

*** EA8 / IL28 ***

Dave, G4RGK, back at EA8 (IL28BQ) and qrv HF-6m and 2m EME
between 2009-10-07 and 2009-10-14. He will try and be qrv during
ARRL EME contest, JT65 only, usual station 400w - 9el, I have no
internet connection only mobile phone, so no loggers... More infos
later at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2897
SOURCE: tnx to Dave, G4RGK, direct to MMMonVHF

*** 9N / NL27 ***

Phil, VK4CDI plan to be qrv at Nepal on 2m and maybe 70cm EME
end of october, begin of november. I plan to try and spend a few
days with Satish 9N1AA. A single 10 El yagi and 160W brick mounted
at the antenna will be used. 432 may be available but all very QRP.
SOURCE: tnx to Phil, VK4CDI direct to MMMonVHF

*** 5N / JJ38 ***

EME Activity from Nigeria in next months... LATEST NEWS from Bodo,
dated 2009-10-02: Bodo did show up yesterday evening again on 2m EME
after a longer time! He told us that he will try to be on next days
for further activity! PA is fixed but only one module (450W) is
running anymore. So keep on watching in his QRL free time he shall
be on from Nigeria!
SOURCE: tnx Bodo, DL3OCH, 5N0OCH, 5N0EME direct to MMMonVHF

*** 3D / RG78 ***

Activation of Conway Reef from Oct. 1st to Oct. 10th 2009
LATEST NEWS from the Team, dated 2009-09-29 2000 GMT: I’m pleased
to advise you that the 3D20CR team has reached Conway Reef! DK9KX
just called me from the boat advising that they were approximately
five miles off shore waiting for a heavy rain storm to stop prior
to moving closer. The present plan is to get one station up and
running ASAP. They have to wait for the weather to improve first

LATEST NEWS from the Team, dated 2009-10-02:
I received the daily Conway Reef call a little while ago. All is
going along on schedule, except for the Propagation. ALL antennas
have been erected except for the 75/80 meter and 160 m. verticals
The sun was coming up as I was talking to Hans and he told me that
with in the next few hours these last two antennas will be put up
This evening their time they will be on 80/75, and 160. 73
SOURCE: Leon, (K2EWB) via [mediterraneodxclub]

*** V3 ***

V3, BELIZE. Pete, K8PT, will be active as V31PT between November
24th and December 6th. No other details were provided. However, in
past operations by Pete, activity usually is 160-6 meters using CW
SSB, RTTY and some PSK-31. QSL via his home callsign.
SOURCE: Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #927

*** W / CN80 ***

Rick "The Rhino", N6RNO will be active from Tehama county (Grid
CN80) for the California QSO Party (3-4 October). No entry
category was given. There is the possibility of 6 meter
activity. QSL via home call.
SOURCE:[N6RNO] via ICPO Bulletin (October 01 - 09, 2009)

*** G / EVENT ***

Special event station GB4GDS, celebrating the work of the Guide
Dogs for the Blind organisation, will be operating from 1 October
for 28 days from the Lindsayfield branch of Guide Dogs for the
Blind. Operator Keith, GM4DAE hopes to be active on 80m, 40m,
20m and 2m at various times from early morning through to late
evening. The station celebrates the 78th anniversary of the first
Guide Dog training in Wallasey, Cheshire, England (EU-005,
WLOTA L1841), in 1931. QSL via the RSGB bureau.
SOURCE:[GB2RS] via ICPO Bulletin (October 01 - 09, 2009)

The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable
HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats like ON4KST-, RU-VHF-DX-Net,
EA-V-U-SHF-Chat, N0UK-Chat and others...

* Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news *

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an
expedition, PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at

* www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php *

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as
much up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does
not violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy the VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA DL8EBW HA5CRX
IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME