Old April 10th 09, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2009-04-10

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below our latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2009-04-10
We attempt to distribute our Newletter one or two times per week.
For further detail please be so kind and refer at our "News"-page:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - welcome and enjoy...

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Hi there... after some days relaxing holiday in IN3 area (JN56)
with the family I will be back at home. Sorry I was not reachable
personally all the time but the WLAN link was very difficult. I
the first part I was trying to update news day by day but than I
did ask help from our team... I hope all infos was transfered in
the right time and no things have been lost. If you do think we
have anything NOT at our NEWS Page (www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php)
we are very happy on your hint! Happy Easter Time to you and yours!
SOURCE: Guy, DL8EBW, on behalf of the MMMonVHF Team

***

Meteor Scatter: April 2009
April somehow marks the beginning of the MS season, after the long
pause around the end of winter. Yearly minimum of Sporadic Meteors
activity is now over, with mean Sporadics rates increasing in
northern emisphere towards their yearly maximum in late summer.
Lyrids shower (Maximum: April 22 , 11h UT (sol=32°32)) and some
other minor showers are furthermore able to increase meteor flux.
Have a look to shower predictions for April on our MMMonVHF
MS-Propagationpage at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/ms.php
SOURCE: Massimo, IV3NDC, on behalf of the MMMonVHF Team

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

Val, UT6UG, informed MMMonVHF that he is planning a trip with
friends to one of the [M]ost [W]anted [S]quares in europe (check:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/mwsmap.php in mid april (Lyrids). The
group will try to be qrv on 144 MHz from KO41 Square during the
Lyrids Meteor Shower. RIG shall be 13B2 antenna and abt. 300 Watt.
More details when closer to the trip here... pse bookmark or
subscribe the News: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2397
SOURCE: tnx Val, UT6UG direct to MMMonVHF

***

Jussi, OH6ZZ will be back on a trip in nothern Norway in Perseids
Hello MS and EME friends, I'm planning pedition to northern Norway
on 10-15th August to corner of four squares KQ10/11/20/21. Qrv 2m
both MS and EME 4x9el with elevation, ME-1500V, good preamp More
details later here at MMMonVHF Latest News 73 Jussi OH6ZZ
PS - have a look to my 2006 Pedition to KQ41-Squa
http://www.omanetti.fi/mmaamaha/kq41_2006.htm
SOURCE: tnx to Jussi, OH6ZZ, direct to MMMonVHF

***

The team of Rene, PE1L, Eltje, PA3CEE and Ronald, PA3EWP is still
qrv from Kenya (5Z) KI79MO. The Team from their jungle area did
send us some more nice Fotos: www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2234
As well the latest Log (2009-04-10 10UT) is online. There are
still 4 days to go to be able to get the country to your log...
SOURCE: tnx to Rene, PE1L on beghalf of 5Z4EME direct to MMMonVHF

***

EME Activity from Nigeria in next months...
5N0EME was now QRV on all three bands (2m, 70cm and 23cm). 23cm
worked really very good with the dish and I expect many more QSOs
on that band. I might be QRV again on 2m and 23cm during Eastern.
Please check this site for update. Unfortunately 70cm does not work
really good. However, I have always set my priority to the other
two bands and could not take much more equipment over here (I
already have more than 70kg of equipment here). So, sorry for 70cm.
However I could do three QSOs, all in JT65. I might try it again but
I will pick a day with good conditions to give DL9KR another chance
to work me. Other than that, everything is fine over here and I am
looking forward to my next EME activity from here. By the way, the
rain season over here starts in May and I will probably not be QRV
via EME so often anymore even so I stay until July. I will try to be
QRV at least once a month on 2m and on 23cm. First Fotos are as well
on the page now: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2397
SOURCE: tnx Bodo, DL3OCH, 5N0OCH, 5N0EME direct to MMMonVHF

***

EME Activity 2009 - We'll go to Liechtenstein (JN47SD) again!
24th of April until the 05th of May Georg, DF1SR and Kasimir,
DL2SBY will QRV as follow from JN47SD via EME ( check their
timetable: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2398 )
we will QRV all possible time - we will CQing and we will call
all of you !!! Transmitting on 2320 / listening on 2304, 2320,
2424. It will be VERY difficult to work VK`s because of the
mountains in this direction ! More at the MMMonVHF page...
SOURCE: tnx to Kasimir, DL2SBY direct to MMMonVHF

***

The Teresina DX Group is preparing a DXpedition to the Canarias
Islands (IOTA 072, DIB MA-05, DFB MA-11, WW Loc. GI97BF), on the
coast of Piaui, Brazil, QRV from 1600 UTC April 29th to May 3rd on
160 to 10 meters (SSB, CW, PSK31 and RTTY), including 6 meters,
144 MHz (SSB and FM). They also plan the following sat-activity
(SSB/FM): AO-7 (A and B), FO-29, AO-51, VO-52, SO-50 and the ISS
in repeater mode if active. Team members include PS8BBC, PS8DX,
PS8ET, PS8FSM, PS8HF, PS8JN, PS8NF, PS8PY, PS8RF and PS8TV and
the call shall be ZW8BBC. QSL via PS8DX (QRZ.com). [PS7AB]
SOURCE: Tnx Dave, VA3RJ, via his ICPO Bulletin

***

Hello moonbouncers, A summary of the E51 operation and some
pictures have been added to my web page ... follow the obvious
link !! (Refresh your browser if you still see the pre-dxpedition
information) There is also a link off the page to an article that
appeared in one of the local newspapers. The E51EME QSL cards have
been printed and already the first replies have been posted back
73, Bob ZL1RS / E51EME zl1rs"at"yahoo.com http://www.qsl.net/zl1rs/
SOURCE: tnx to Bob, ZL1RS direct to MMMonVHF and MoonNet

***

JO00 back on the air around eastern
Just to let you know i will qrv from jo00ew from friday 10 till
13 April 144 mhz tropo /ms and 50 mhz tropo ms 15 ele 400w on
2mts - 5ele100w on 6mts tnx Kevin
SOURCE: tnx to Kevin, G1KAW direct to MMMonVHF

***

Ian, G6TGO, will be active 6m from IO70 in May
I will be qrv in IO70EV South West Coast of England from
9th May-16th May on 6 mtrs ssb/cw 10w only.
SOURCE: tnx to Ian, G6TGO, direct to MMMonVHF

***

Hi! The S57C Contest Team will be active for all VHF Contest during
2009 from JN65XM loction. The first Contest is over. Under he links
below you can see the story. 73 and BCNU in May Contest!
www.hamradio.si/~s57c/2009/ - www.hamradio.si/~s57c/2009/marec/
http://www.hamradio.si/~s57c/2009/marec/video.html
SOURCE: Branko, S57C - Chief operator of S57C Contest Team @Reflector

***

Hi all. If you you want to communicate with the station of Uruguay
(Moon bounce), please read my QRZ.COM and pse sked only: E-Mail:
viacava"at"adinet.com.uy Thanks 73 Julio Viacava, CX5IC
SOURCE: Julio, CX5IC via MoonNet

***

Bernd DL5APV have given me a important notice that the mail address
of 8J1AXA found in QRZ.com, as of today, is not valid. QSL policy of
8J1AXA - EME QSOs: We ship all QSLs directly and would appreciate
your QSL reply. We refer www.qrz.com and www.buck.com and, then,
could you register your address on either of them; Or let us know
your mailing address. For reception reports, we are glad to send
our QSL to SWLs. A QSL Manager of EME QSOs: JH6RTO Seiji Fukushima
1182 Hase, APT 2-506 Atsugi City, Kanagawa 243-0036, Japan
SOURCE: Mike JH1KRC via MoonNet

***

GB6GEO on the air again for the 2nd Global Geoparks Communication
Event - 23/24th May 2009 - Again this year "GB6GEO" will be on the
air during the weekend of 23/24th May 2009 from Kents Cavern
Prehistoric Caves in Torquay, Devon, UK as part of the European
Geoparks Festival week, along with other Geopark stations operating
from England, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland, Portugal, Malaysia,
Australia, Greece, France and other many other participating
countries yet to be confirmed. Read more about these nice project
(stn qrv 6m &2m as well) use: www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=2401
SOURCE: Martin, G3VOF via GOLIST by John, K1XN

***

Look for Gabriele, TK/IZ5FDD and Alessandro, TK/IW5ELA to be
active from Corsica on 20-24 May. They plan to operate SSB and CW
on 40-6 metres. QSL via home calls, direct or bureau.
SOURCE: [TNX IZ5FDD] via 425 DX News #935

***

Within the framework of European 'Leader' project for the
promotion of country, organizes the amateur radio enthusiasts
of Zevergem, a municipality of the Pinte, on 2 and 3 May 2009
a special event in the rural core of Zevergem, with clear offer
to activities: ON769MS QRV op HF/VHF in SSB, CW, digital modes,
SSTV, ATV, DATV; a radio search for young and old; communication
with satellites and the ISS space station; passing through
demonstrations and information around radio amateurism; particular
QSL card. ON769MS will be used up to 31 October by the Radio Club
TLS (De Pinte) up to October 31st. QSL via ON6MS.
SOURCE: tnx to the UBA HF News

***

John, KB4CRT will be active as VP2MRT from the island of
Montserrat (NA-103, WLOTA 1475, Grid FK86) from June 12-19th,
including an entry in the ARRL June VHF QSO Party (June 13-15th).
QRV HF bands using SSB, CW, maybe PSK (Asia 20m 1200-1300z)
and also the VHF bands. QSL direct only SASE or Green Stamp,
Bureau ok but 2+ yrs round trip.
SOURCE: [NG3K] via ICPO Bulletin (April 09 - 17, 2009)

***

The 6 Meter Beacon Project, Inc. is happy to announce an Expedition
to Guyana (8R) from June 16 to July 6, inclusive. Conditions will
be a JHV at 45 ft on the Atlantic Ocean QTF EU & NA, and a 3CPX800A7
11 days will be by W3CMP & Myself, the other 11 by K4RX & AC4TO.
We hope to get some decent openings to, amongst other places,
Northern EU, 5B/4X & W6/7. Expect to have internet access most
of the time. Operating QRG & website to be announced at a later
date. 73 Dave N3DB SOURCE: David, N3DB via The UKSMG Website Announce

***

Jack, N2VW will be active from the VP5JM Hamlet on Providenciales
Island (NA-002) from October 21-28th, including entry in the
CQWW SSB Contest (October 25-26th) possibly using a special
call. Outside the contest he will be signing VP5/N2VW on all
bands and modes, 160-6 meters. QSL via home call.
SOURCE: Jack, N2VW via ICPO Bulletin (April 09 - 17, 2009)

***

Roger/W7VV, Ralph/VE7XF and others will operate from VP5JM's
QTH on Providenciales (NA-002) from November 15th to December
3rd, including a M? entry in the CQWW DX CW Contest (November
28-29th) probably using a special callsign (TBA). Outside the
contest look for the group to be signing VP5/homecall on all
bands/modes 160-6 meters. QSL via home calls.
SOURCE: ICPO Bulletin (April 09 - 17, 2009)

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activities. A complete over
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: http://www.sotawatch.org/
SOURCE: tnx the Group around Summits On The Air (SOTA)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)