Old November 10th 05, 01:38 AM
Peter Dougherty

Default AD5TH Tower Project Completed - Pics Online

Just been going through some old posts, and I remember a big thread
aobut this guy putting up an insanely-badly engineered tower project
earlier this summer (http://www.deepsouthnet.net/tower.html). Well,
looking him up on QRZ.com, that sure looks like he was in the path of
Katrina or near enough. I hope his tower withstood Mother Nature's
wrath.

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net
Old November 10th 05, 06:08 PM
Charlie

Katrina was a Cat 2 hurricane when it hit us here in Newton County
Mississippi with winds measured at 105 mph.
The antennas all survived as well as the tower. I was QRT for 3 days however
due to no electricity. We also had no phones or water during that time.

--

Charlie

Old November 10th 05, 06:15 PM
Caveat Lector

Good post charlie

RE Commercial electric power.
I have batteries always charged and ready to go to keep me on the air.
During the Cedar fires in San Diego -- served me well
Just a thought

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old November 10th 05, 11:49 PM
Peter Dougherty

"Charlie" said :

Katrina was a Cat 2 hurricane when it hit us here in Newton County
Mississippi with winds measured at 105 mph.
The antennas all survived as well as the tower. I was QRT for 3 days however
due to no electricity. We also had no phones or water during that time.

Glad to hear you weathered the storm and that you're OK. I really was
afraid that tower of yours would come down and do some damage--good to
hear all's well.

Regards.