Old July 4th 04, 12:33 AM
Doug Smith W9WI

Peter Lemken wrote:
Can someone enlighten me about the purpose of spotting a DX-station's
'precise' QSX?

Unfortunately, in a day & age when half the pileup calls every time the
DX stops transmitting* (regardless of whom, if anyone, the DX came back
to), this may be the only way to get any idea of where the DX is
listening....

* sometimes it seems the other half doesn't wait for the DX to stop
transmitting...
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old July 4th 04, 07:18 AM
Wes

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 23:33:10 GMT, Doug Smith W9WI
wrote:

|Peter Lemken wrote:
| Can someone enlighten me about the purpose of spotting a DX-station's
| 'precise' QSX?
|
|Unfortunately, in a day & age when half the pileup calls every time the
|DX stops transmitting* (regardless of whom, if anyone, the DX came back
|to), this may be the only way to get any idea of where the DX is
|listening....

I don't use spots (no packet and the computer isn't even in the shack)
but you can often tell where the last spot had the DX just by
listening to the pileup move around.

These guys miss out when the DX says, "Listening .210 to .250 [pause]
and 14.190." I work 'em on 14.190 [g].
Old July 4th 04, 07:18 AM
Wes