Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 16th 06, 06:44 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,sci.electronics.misc

Default rf bandpass filters 2.4GHz

Hi all,

I am transmitting in channel 3 of 802.11b, centered at 2.422Ghz.
Details aside, let me just say that it is very important for my
application that I sharpen up the spectral mask beyond that of the
802.11b standard. To be specific I need to purchase a bandpass filter
such that I get attenation of greater than 60dB at +- 15Mhz from the
center, i..e outside of [2.407Ghz, 2.437Ghz]. I am looking for
suggestions on where to purchase such filter(s) with the usual
parameters in mind, cost, lead time, etc.

I did see the filters that hyperlink sells, but it would take many of
their 8 pole filters in series to get what I need and they additionally
don't sell filters for one of the channels i would need. Maybe I need
to go custom on this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Kevin