Old December 26th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Ham Radio

This seems like a good time to introduce one of my other life-long
hobbies. In 1955, I accomplished one of my first major life goals. I
passed all the tests for an Amateur Radio License. It was just the entry
level "Novice Class" license but it allowed me to "talk" via Morse Code
to people all over the world with simple equipment that I built myself.

JACK K9ACT

Old December 26th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 22:56:28 -0600, Jack Schmidling
wrote:

This seems like a good time to introduce one of my other life-long
hobbies. In 1955, I accomplished one of my first major life goals. I
passed all the tests for an Amateur Radio License. It was just the entry
level "Novice Class" license but it allowed me to "talk" via Morse Code
to people all over the world with simple equipment that I built myself.

JACK K9ACT

Check the link at 1030 EST Dec 26 it appears to be broken. I am
interested in seeing it since I was licensed only a short time
afterwards. My ticket issued Jan 56, but test done in 55. I was then
K9CAH so I was also licensed in the MidWest in Wisconsin. I was
13.

Jon Teske W3JT
Old December 27th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

wrote:

This seems like a good time to introduce one of my other life-long
hobbies. In 1955, I accomplished one of my first major life goals. I
passed all the tests for an Amateur Radio License. It was just the entry
level "Novice Class" license but it allowed me to "talk" via Morse Code
to people all over the world with simple equipment that I built myself.

JACK K9ACT

Check the link at 1030 EST Dec 26 it appears to be broken. I am
interested in seeing it since I was licensed only a short time
afterwards. My ticket issued Jan 56, but test done in 55. I was then
K9CAH so I was also licensed in the MidWest in Wisconsin. I was
13.

Jon Teske W3JT

Link still works as of 8:09 pm est 12-26-06
Look at the slide show, a man of many telants
Old December 27th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Jon Teske wrote:

Check the link at 1030 EST Dec 26 it appears to be broken.

Seems to be a problem with low budget web hosts. Good news is it's up
more than down.

I am
interested in seeing it since I was licensed only a short time
afterwards. My ticket issued Jan 56, but test done in 55. I was then
K9CAH so I was also licensed in the MidWest in Wisconsin. I was
13.

Wunder if you know/knew K9CAQ Wayne from Three Rivers Wi.

js

Old January 2nd 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Jack Schmidling wrote in news:12p3t9jo63cff9
@corp.supernews.com:

Jon Teske wrote:

Check the link at 1030 EST Dec 26 it appears to be broken.

Seems to be a problem with low budget web hosts. Good news is it's up
more than down.

I am
interested in seeing it since I was licensed only a short time
afterwards. My ticket issued Jan 56, but test done in 55. I was then
K9CAH so I was also licensed in the MidWest in Wisconsin. I was
13.

Wunder if you know/knew K9CAQ Wayne from Three Rivers Wi.

Holy Cow, Jack! Do you ever sleep? 8^) Plenty of interests there, and an
entertaining web site.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Old January 2nd 07, 06:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Jack Schmidling wrote:
This seems like a good time to introduce one of my other life-long
hobbies. In 1955, I accomplished one of my first major life goals. I
passed all the tests for an Amateur Radio License. It was just the entry
level "Novice Class" license but it allowed me to "talk" via Morse Code
to people all over the world with simple equipment that I built myself.

JACK K9ACT

I really enjoy seeing pictures of the different radio equipment. Is
there a site that you guys
might know of that has picks and info about the differant radios.
People mention their equipment all the time in the different forums and
usually I don't know what they are talking about.I am a fairly new ham
and am trying to learn all I can.When someone says they have a
so and so type rig I would like to look it up and learn about it.
thanks
kc9irr

Old January 2nd 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"sapper" wrote in message ups.com...
Is there a site that you guys
might know of that has picks and info about the differant radios.
People mention their equipment all the time in the different forums and
usually I don't know what they are talking about.I am a fairly new ham
and am trying to learn all I can.When someone says they have a
so and so type rig I would like to look it up and learn about it.
thanks
kc9irr

Try this one: http://www.rigpix.com/

Glenn AA5PK

Old January 2nd 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Mike Coslo wrote:

Holy Cow, Jack! Do you ever sleep? 8^) Plenty of interests there, and an
entertaining web site.

Thanks for the feedback. Get a lot more sleep now that I have swapped
ham radio for astrophotography.

js

Old January 3rd 07, 04:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"Glenn" wrote in
:

"sapper" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there a site that you guys
might know of that has picks and info about the differant radios.
People mention their equipment all the time in the different forums
and usually I don't know what they are talking about.I am a fairly
new ham and am trying to learn all I can.When someone says they have
a so and so type rig I would like to look it up and learn about it.
thanks
kc9irr

Try this one: http://www.rigpix.com/

Also www.eham.net. Lots of reviews, but the pictures are smaller than