Old May 23rd 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default IC-751 Scanning

I run an IC-751 with a Windom at 30'. The radio works fine after
replacing the old leaking caps. However, when trying to scan it will
not stop when the squelch opens. It just keeps scanning. Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Doug/KB8M

Old May 23rd 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Wed, 23 May 2007, KB8M wrote:

I run an IC-751 with a Windom at 30'. The radio works fine after
replacing the old leaking caps. However, when trying to scan it will
not stop when the squelch opens. It just keeps scanning. Any
thoughts?

Thanks,
Doug/KB8M

Geez Doug I have had an old IC751 for years and did'nt even know it had
a memory scan on it so I took close look at mine and yep it shows a
scan button right above the MIKE gain control. It scans on the stuff
in the Memory chnls (1 thru 30) if I recall correctly. I thank you
for bringing that to my attention
Joe/KH6JF

Old May 24th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

The "frequency mode" scan functions under control of memory channels 1 & 2,
when both of these two memory channel frequencies are within the same
band ------ and the selected/activated vfo (VFO A OR VFO B) is also tuned to
this same band, repetitively scanning downward betweem the high frequency
amd the low frequency memory settings in memory channels 1 & 2..

My 751 continues to scan after the squelch is activated and stops when the
squelch is next closed.

Hope this may help.

Charles/W6JNF

oups.com...

Old May 24th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

I meant to comment on your replacement of "old leaking caps", but failed to
do so. I have not yet encountered any problem with the caps in my set.
Would you please provide a little info in this regard, such as how many and
what circuit boards were primarily involved. I don't have the internal
power supply installed and am using an external Kenwood PS-350.

Thanks in advance for any info re your cap replacement project.

Charles
W6JNF

oups.com...

Polish www abt. scanning ukf71 Scanner 0 May 24th 04 04:23 PM
Scanning Fred Burgess Scanner 1 December 12th 03 12:54 AM
FRS scanning Mark Chastain Scanner 1 October 4th 03 04:23 AM
New To Scanning Billy Lyle Scanner 6 September 26th 03 06:19 PM
New to Scanning - please help koyoteee Scanner 5 August 22nd 03 06:51 AM