Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 30th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Opinions on RM Italy amplifiers

I have a chance to buy a used RM Italy HLA-300-V HF amplifier, which can
be driven by my FT-817 and claims to be capable of as much as 300 watts
out on 160 through 10.

I know that some of the older RM Italy amplifiers were known for dirty
output and poor harmonic suppression, and were intended mostly for illegal
use on CB, but some of their newer offerings seem to be geared for the
whole HF band and I'm wondering if they have cleaned up.

I know they are still illegal to import into the USA but this one is here
now and I ask no questions about how it got here.

Any opinions about RM Italy in general and this model in particular?

Thanks...

FS: RM Italy HLA-300 AL G. Swap 3 February 6th 10 10:51 PM
WTB: RM Italy 300 al goss Swap 0 February 5th 07 11:43 AM
Italy FM Radio 94.3 MHz Gerard M Foley Broadcasting 0 April 17th 06 05:51 AM
[SOTA][ITALY]PM-077 IZ1GJK Dx 0 July 1st 05 11:53 PM
RM Italy RM3 transistors Chris Homebrew 0 September 11th 04 02:02 PM