Old June 7th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Remember the Galaxy Scout Deluxe?

Finally here is one for sale
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=25
Old June 7th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Thanks for the post. I believe it was actually a Globe Scout. The
Galaxy line came later.

Alan
WA4SCA

--
Alan
WA4SCA
Old June 8th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Jun 7, 3:40 pm, Alan WA4SCA wrote:
Thanks for the post. I believe it was actually a Globe Scout. The
Galaxy line came later.

Alan
WA4SCA

--
Alan
WA4SCA

Hi Alan
The pictures show it as a Galaxy Electronics, Scout Deluxe.
There was Similiar rig called the Galaxy Chief but this was not as
fancy & CW only!
The WRL Globe Scout was much earlier & a totally different design.
I've seen plenty-o-those but these Scout Deluxe are harder to find as
competition at this time from Hallicrafters(HT-40), Johnson Challeger,
Heathkit DX-40, even Lafalotte radio was intense as many novices can
on board!
73.....
Rich WA2RQY
Old June 8th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Jun 7, 10:07 pm, wa2rqy wrote:
[...]

OOPS, Sorry Alan;
You're right, Galaxy came later on with thier SSB gear, All Leo
Meyerson companies anyway, hi!
7trees,
Rich
Old June 8th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Rich,

My first rig was a Globe Scout 680A. The one in the picture is
certainly fancier!

BTW, I attended the Palm Desert QCWA meeting in January where they
presented Leo with his certificate for 80 years as a ham. His age is
something like 97. (It was certificate #34, so hams seem to have good
longevity.) Anyway, Leo is still sharp as a tack, though his hearing
is poor. Not so bad that he doesn't still get on the air a bit!

--
Alan
WA4SCA

Old June 10th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Jun 8, 10:02 am, Alan WA4SCA wrote:
Rich,

My first rig was a Globe Scout 680A. The one in the picture is
certainly fancier!

BTW, I attended the Palm Desert QCWA meeting in January where they
presented Leo with his certificate for 80 years as a ham. His age is
something like 97. (It was certificate #34, so hams seem to have good
longevity.) Anyway, Leo is still sharp as a tack, though his hearing
is poor. Not so bad that he doesn't still get on the air a bit!

--
Alan
WA4SCA

Hi Alan;
I think Leo opened up a museum in the city where WRL started.
I love looking thru the old monthly magazines just to lookit the ads,
hi!
Licensed in 1960, I remember most & still run vintage stuff which I am
again trying to set-up here in Paradise(florida), hi!
73.....
Rich WA2RQY/4
Old June 10th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Jun 10, 10:54 am, wa2rqy wrote:
[...]

Here is a Nice site
http://amfone.net/Tech/wrl/PhotoAlbum.htm

The Museum was called the Western Heritage Museum but I cannot find
it. Seems there are more then one museum with that name:-)
Rich WA2RQY/4

wtb super galaxy or galaxy 2 cb radio Bravo4yu Swap 2 November 18th 11 12:40 AM
Remember the Galaxy Scout Deluxe? Richie Boatanchors 0 June 7th 08 03:21 PM
Remember This? Howard W3CQH Policy 9 August 26th 06 05:16 PM
WTD opto digital scout scout 40 questions Al Ciesynski Scanner 1 January 21st 04 04:01 AM
Anyone Remember This???? Donnie CB 15 October 15th 03 03:22 AM