Old March 18th 09, 09:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default ICOM 91AD

Worth the extra $$$ @ $369.99?

D-Star technology worth having or would I be better off with a simularly
priced handheld w/o the D-Star but other features instead?

tis

Old March 18th 09, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

MarcusV wrote in :
Worth the extra $$$ @ $369.99?

D-Star technology worth having or would I be better off with a simularly
priced handheld w/o the D-Star but other features instead?

That's a really hard call, and it depends lots on your answers to questions like
o Is there lots of D-star where you use your handhelds??
o Are you interested in using D-star?

I personally have no interest in it, but know hams who do. There's not much
build-out of D-star where I am, but some areas (e.g., Minneapolis and its
surrounds) have a fair amount.

I can't answer your question for you, but I hope this helps guide you to
your own answer.

Very 73, de

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO

Tired old sysadmin
Old March 19th 09, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

D-Star value is somewhat subjective, but be certain to compare the
91AD with the 92AD. The 92 is something of a do over to fix poor
design choices in the 91.

--
Alan
WA4SCA
Old March 30th 09, 08:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Certainly a waste of my $$$
Most irratating flaw is that the volume knob is always getting
bumped and does not lock in position so often the rig is on
but no sound. You woud THINK after so many years of
making radios they could do a bit better on the interface to
people. Been a real pain in the can. I go for a scoping
next week ... maybe the Dr can remove that pain too.

K4TWO Gary 73

IC 91AD yaesumofo Equipment 0 October 11th 06 06:45 PM
FA: RCA WV-98C VTVM, ICOM BC-30 Desk Charger, ICOM HM-12 Microphone cooltube Equipment 0 September 29th 05 02:17 AM
WTB: DC Power cord for the Icom 2100H, prog. software for Icom U400 Edflicek Swap 1 November 26th 04 05:26 AM
FA: ICOM BP-7 NiCad 5 WATT BATTERY For MANY ICOM H/T's>CHEEP Rich WA2RQY Equipment 0 August 21st 04 02:27 PM
FA: ICOM BP-7 NiCad 5 WATT BATTERY For MANY ICOM H/T's>CHEEP Rich WA2RQY Equipment 0 August 21st 04 02:27 PM