Old February 21st 14, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Kenwood TM-V7 mystery

Hello gang,

I have a Kenwood TM-V7 that is now doing something that I've never seen.

Typically, on the display, for let's day Ch 1. It shows in order:

PTT (on selected side of either VHF or UHF side)
What I have named the Channel / repeater call sign
Frequency / channel

Now it says;
PTT
What I have named the channel
V Ch 1

The V has now replaced what the frequency was and I can't seem to change that.

Additionally, i can not select VFO, no matter what buttons I press. Typically VFO puts it in VFO mode, MR puts it in memory mode. Right now it's stuck on frustrating mode!!!

Thanks for any and all help. I have photos available to email if necessary.

-Nick
KE6GUM
Old February 21st 14, 02:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In article ,
wrote:
Hello gang,

I have a Kenwood TM-V7 that is now doing something that I've never seen.

Typically, on the display, for let's day Ch 1. It shows in order:

PTT (on selected side of either VHF or UHF side)
What I have named the Channel / repeater call sign
Frequency / channel

Now it says;
PTT
What I have named the channel
V Ch 1

The V has now replaced what the frequency was and I can't seem to change that.

Additionally, i can not select VFO, no matter what buttons I press.
Typically VFO puts it in VFO mode, MR puts it in memory mode. Right now
it's stuck on frustrating mode!!!

Thanks for any and all help. I have photos available to email if necessary.

Page 34 of the manual:

Channel Display function

When this function is switched ON, the transceiver displays
only memory channel numbers instead of frequencies.

Press [LOW]+[ON] to toggle this function ON and OFF.

The diagram shows the [LOW] button on the lower control strip labeled
with a (1) and the [ON} power button on the upper right labeled with a
(2). I presume that this is the order you should press them in... and
I'm guessing it's "press and hold LOW and then press ON."

Old February 21st 14, 04:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

That did the trick! Thanks for your assistance. I no longer have the manual and am on an extended road trip, so figuring this stuff out on the go is tricky.

Second order of business is that now it's showing VHF on both sides, rather than VHF on left and UHF on the right like previous. A few years ago I knew how to get this switched, but have since forgotten :/
Old February 21st 14, 06:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

That did the trick! Thanks for your assistance. I no longer have the
manual and am on an extended road trip, so figuring this stuff out on
the go is tricky.

Second order of business is that now it's showing VHF on both sides,
rather than VHF on left and UHF on the right like previous. A few
years ago I knew how to get this switched, but have since forgotten :/

That looks as if you've put it into "same-band dual-receive" mode.

Press [F] then [CONT SEL] (the little button midway between the two
band-select buttons) to toggle this function off. This should put you
back into the "split-band" mode.

FYI, the manual is available at

http://manual.kenwood.com/files/TM-V7-English.pdf