Old March 29th 05, 06:58 AM
Charlie Hugg

Default FS TenTec Paragon II Station

If you have been looking for a very clean Ten Tec Paragon II station, here
is a nice one. The station consists of the Paragon II transceiver with the
AM and 2.4 SSB filters, the matching Ten Tec 962 Power Supply, and the Ten
Tec 705 microphone. This equipment is in very fine shape and includes the
original shipping boxes and the original manual for the Paragon II and the
original factory brochure for the Paragon II.

The equipment is in very good cosmetic condition. There are a few very small
scratches on the cabinets and trim rings, but nothing serious. The
equipment works great. SSB audio is fantastic on receive, and I get great
audio reports on SSB transmissions. It appears to meet all factory
specifications. The transceiver operates on CW, SSB, AM, and FM. It puts out
100 watts. The equipment has been in a smoke free environment. I don't
believe you will be disappointed in this gear. Digital pictures available
upon request. Price is $1450 for the complete station plus shipping.

Thanks, Charlie Hugg

Old March 29th 05, 12:16 PM
Jim

Charlie;
One clarification should be made: the 6 Khz & 2.4 Khz filters were
standard in the Paragon II; without the 2.4 filters the rig would not
work!
GL from a long term Ten-Tec owner,
Jim

Old March 29th 05, 03:56 PM
Bob Miller

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:58:50 -0600, "Charlie Hugg"
wrote:

If you have been looking for a very clean Ten Tec Paragon II station, here
is a nice one.
Price is $1450 for the complete station plus shipping.

Thanks, Charlie Hugg

FYI, way over-priced. The Ten-Tec used/demo list from the factory has
used Omni VIs for less than you're asking for the older Paragon II

bob
k5qwg

Old March 30th 05, 01:05 PM
Edward A. Feustel

wrote:

If you have been looking for a very clean Ten Tec Paragon II station, here
is a nice one.
Price is $1450 for the complete station plus shipping.

Thanks, Charlie Hugg

FYI, way over-priced. The Ten-Tec used/demo list from the factory has
used Omni VIs for less than you're asking for the older Paragon II

bob
k5qwg

That depends on whether you want 60M and a general coverage receiver. Based
on recent
Paragon II prices, I'd say it was right in the ball park, especially since
the mike and
power supply are included. The II is a much more competent rig than the I.

Regards, N5EI
A Paragon II owner/user

Old March 30th 05, 03:04 PM
Bob Miller

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:05:56 -0500, "Edward A. Feustel"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

If you have been looking for a very clean Ten Tec Paragon II station, here
is a nice one.
Price is $1450 for the complete station plus shipping.

Thanks, Charlie Hugg

FYI, way over-priced. The Ten-Tec used/demo list from the factory has
used Omni VIs for less than you're asking for the older Paragon II

bob
k5qwg

That depends on whether you want 60M and a general coverage receiver. Based
on recent
Paragon II prices, I'd say it was right in the ball park, especially since
the mike and
power supply are included. The II is a much more competent rig than the I.

Regards, N5EI
A Paragon II owner/user

A recent used listing from the factory had a Paragon 785 at $795, and
Omni VIs from $1195 to $1695.

But hey, I'm not buying anyway; I'll go stick my nose someplace else
:-)

Bob
k5qwg

Old March 31st 05, 01:20 PM
Edward A. Feustel

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:05:56 -0500, "Edward A. Feustel"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

You are correct about the price of the 585. But that is a Paragon I. The
Paragon2 is a 586.
It costs substantially more because computer control , FM, and a number of
other options were
standard and built in.
Regards,
Ed, N5EI

Radio call letters: What do they mean? Mike Terry Broadcasting 34 March 7th 05 03:47 AM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM