Old April 6th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Joseph Fenn

Default Catalog

someone on here said there was a radio parts outfit that beat
out radio shack by miles. Was us USHER? or RUSHER? or sometihing
like that. Whoever it was i reuested a catalog via mail and
got a msg saying I was put on the mail list, but nothing furhther
has happened and its been months since then. Refresh my mind
if possible (I am 85) it may not be possible!!! If you have
an 800 # on whoever that company was gimme dat too.
Joe/KH6JF

* Ham KH6JF AARS/MARS ABM6JF QCWA WW2 VET WD RADIO SYSTEM*
* Army MARS PRECEDED by AARS (Army Amateur Radio System) *
* Hi State ARMY MARS COORDINATOR *

Old April 6th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Travis Jordan

Joseph Fenn wrote:
someone on here said there was a radio parts outfit that beat
out radio shack by miles. Was us USHER? or RUSHER? or sometihing
like that. Whoever it was i reuested a catalog via mail and

Let me guess.....Mouser?

http://www.mouser.com/

Most parts companies don't issue catalogs anymore; you'll need to check
their web site.

Old April 7th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Percival P. Cassidy

On 04/06/06 06:11 pm Travis Jordan wrote:

someone on here said there was a radio parts outfit that beat
out radio shack by miles. Was us USHER? or RUSHER? or sometihing
like that. Whoever it was i reuested a catalog via mail and

Let me guess.....Mouser?

http://www.mouser.com/

Most parts companies don't issue catalogs anymore; you'll need to check
their web site.

Mouser sent me a couple of catalogs, the last probably sometime last
year. When I received no more, I assumed that it was because I hadn't
ordered anything from them. Their catalog is on line, but they don't
have everything: I found stuff in the Newark Electronics catalog that
wasn't in Mouser's.

Then there's DigiKey as well.

"Perce"
(aka Alan NV8A)
Old April 7th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Steve Nosko

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
news
On 04/06/06 06:11 pm Travis Jordan wrote:

someone on here said there was a radio parts outfit that beat
out radio shack by miles. Was us USHER? or RUSHER? or sometihing
like that. Whoever it was i reuested a catalog via mail and

Let me guess.....Mouser?

http://www.mouser.com/

Most parts companies don't issue catalogs anymore; you'll need to check
their web site.

Mouser sent me a couple of catalogs, the last probably sometime last
year. When I received no more, I assumed that it was because I hadn't
ordered anything from them. Their catalog is on line, but they don't
have everything: I found stuff in the Newark Electronics catalog that
wasn't in Mouser's.

Then there's DigiKey as well.

"Perce"
(aka Alan NV8A)

Recently did a web order by phone with Mouser and about 3 weeks later, un
announced and un needed, received the catalog in the mail!
73, Steve, K9DCI

Old April 8th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Noon-Air

"Steve Nosko" wrote in message

[...]

Its marketing 101.... *any* order or correspondence gets you on their
mailing list. Same thing with my customers.... I always gat a name, address,
and phone number immediately after "Hello". From then on out, for up to 5
years, they are in my database and get fliers, mailers, post cards, etc with
the special de-jour. One of the best tricks is to send out cards to *all* of
the folks in the data base with a discount coupon on renewal of their
service agreement. You say you don't have a service agreement?? , no
problem, we will give you the discount as an "introductory offer", when can
we schedule you for a complete heating/cooling system perfoemance
evaluation?

It works a whole lot better than folks think.... and you still got the
catalog to look through for your next order :-)

-n6ojn

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C

Life is what happens while you were making other plans

Old April 8th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Richard Crowley

"Steve Nosko" wrote ...
Recently did a web order by phone with Mouser and
about 3 weeks later, un announced and un needed,
received the catalog in the mail!
73, Steve, K9DCI

And same with DigiKey. But I'm going to request that
they NOT send paper catalogs. They've got so much
stuff that they keep making the font smaller every year
to fit it all in there. (And/or maybe my eyes are getting
old! :-)
Actually it is never ALL in the hard-copy catalog.

KE7GKP
Old April 8th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Michael A. Terrell

Noon-Air wrote:

[...]

That sounds like a local HVAC company that called me 35 times in one
week, insisting that I "Needed" their "Central air tune-up special" I
told them the fist 34 times that I didn't even have a window air
conditioner, let alone a central air system and not to call me and tie
up my business phone line again. The last time she called, I asked her
how many phone lines they had. The woman wanted to know why, so I told
her that if I got one more call that I was going to contact a lot of
people to have them make repeated calls about their services, then to
have them come out to give a price on a new central air system before
telling them they had changed their minds. She yelled that it was
harassment. I laughed and told her, "Now you know how I feel!", and
hung up. They never called me back.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old April 8th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Noon-Air

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Noon-Air wrote:

[...]

Sorry you got caught in the telemarketing loop.... I only do mail-outs....
and even then at the most only once a month.... The only time I call is the
the night before a scheduled appointment, and again when I am enroute. There
used to be an HVAC company here that did the same telemarketing routine that
you got... their agreements were'nt worth the paper they were written on,
and they had done more damage to the folks systems than they repaired. I
gained a lot of customers from them. FWIW, I have *never* done a "tune-up"
special..... Thats a real good way to end up on Dateline, or 60 Minutes.
:-)

You only have *ONE* DD214?? I have 4 of them... did 22 years in the US Coast
Guard. I just hung around until it wasn't no fun no more :-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old April 8th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Michael A. Terrell

Noon-Air wrote:

[...]

I wasn't trying to imply you were that bad, it just reminded me of
some of the low lifes around here who change their business name more
often than they replace their trucks. I grew up in Ohio where MOST
trades people took a lot of pride in their work. I now live in Florida
and I have NEVER seen one good drywall job. My dad and step mom bought
a new home two years ago. The *******s sold them a heat pump, and
installed central air with heat strips but no heat pump, before they
disappeared.

I have a firm rule: I NEVER do business with any telemarketer.
Everyone in my subdivision got a letter for a realtor informing them
that their property had gone up 37,000 in the past year, and claiming to
have been in business for 25 years. I have access to the county's
property database, and not one home in the subdivision had gone up that
much, except one that was replaced after the hurricanes the year before.
Like most of the homes here, my property had gone up less than $2,000.
I checked out the "Realtor" to find that he didn't even have a listed
telephone the year before. I should have turned him over to the state
for fraud.

You only have *ONE* DD214?? I have 4 of them... did 22 years in the US Coast
Guard. I just hung around until it wasn't no fun no more :-)

I only did one tour in the US Army in the early '70s. They were
phasing out my MOS, and hiring civilians. I was offered a civil service
job at Ft Rucker, but I turned it down. My MOS was "TV Equipment
Repairman", which meant that I was a broadcast engineer for AFRTS. As
far as having fun, I nearly caused a riot at Ft Greely Alaska, when I
transmitted out station ID in color on a completely monochrome
facility. I couldn't let the base information officer get away with
telling me, and everyone else that it was impossible to use anything at
the station for color. To add insult to injury, I did it at 6:00 PM, at
the start of our live newscast to make sure that the maximum number of
people would see it before I hid the evidence. NEVER tell the engineer
what he can do! ;-)

The sig file is there to be in the face of a moron who has been
stalking me on line for some time, and a couple idiots who don't think
much of the US military, and veterans in general.

BTW, the quarterly memorial for Veterans who have died in marion
County Florida in the past quarter is this morning, but I'm not well
enough to attend.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old April 8th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Noon-Air

Noon-Air wrote:

[...]

They can probably still be found and prosecuted

I have a firm rule: I NEVER do business with any telemarketer.
Everyone in my subdivision got a letter for a realtor informing them
that their property had gone up 37,000 in the past year, and claiming to
have been in business for 25 years. I have access to the county's
property database, and not one home in the subdivision had gone up that
much, except one that was replaced after the hurricanes the year before.
Like most of the homes here, my property had gone up less than $2,000.
I checked out the "Realtor" to find that he didn't even have a listed
telephone the year before. I should have turned him over to the state
for fraud.

Is there a statuate of limitations on fraud??

[...]

I was a mechanical engineer... we got to play with things that had moving
parts :-)
Someday I will have to write a book about all of the things we did....and
even some of the stuff we *didn't* get caught doing. LOL

Enlisted men are extremely sly and cunning, and bear considerable watching.
-Army Officers Manual 1836

The sig file is there to be in the face of a moron who has been
stalking me on line for some time, and a couple idiots who don't think
much of the US military, and veterans in general.

I bet he never served.... probably a draft dodger that ran to Canade from
the Peoples Repubic of Berkeley.
When I got my draft notice, I was on USCGC Glacier in the Bearing Sea.

BTW, the quarterly memorial for Veterans who have died in marion
County Florida in the past quarter is this morning, but I'm not well
enough to attend.

Hopefully next time you will be able to attend. In any case, I salute you.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida