Old May 24th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
iw3arv

Default Qrp trasmitter operating procedures

Hello I'm really new to Qrp and I have, I think, a simple question.
It's common to find kits or schematics for Qrp trasmitter.
But I've not find any mention how to operate a unit composed of a
separated receiver and transmitter. For example I've a simple receiver
like a Sangean or Sony ICF-7600 with SSB.
I'm able to decode CW with these receiver, with some difficulty but
it's possible. Suppose I've a qrp CW trasmitter how i could manage the
Trasmitter / receiver switching. I think I must use a sort of t/r
circuit to isolate the receiver. I internet I've not found anything
about a simple setup like this one.

Thanks and excuse for my poor english

73 Paolo Iw3arv Italy

Old May 24th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Brian Murrey

Saluti, Paolo. Potete utilizzare un interruttore dell'antenna. Avete bisogno
di un interruttore con tre collegamenti totali. Uno per la ricevente, uno
per il trasmettitore ed uno per l'antenna. Quando vi sentite IN SENSO ORARIO
e siete aspettate per trasmettere, passare dalla ricevente al trasmettitore.
Molto facile fare questo senso.

Greetings, Paolo. You can use an antenna switch. You need a switch with
three total connections. One for the receiver, one for the transmitter, and
one for the antenna. When you hear CW and are ready to transmit, switch from
the receiver to the transmitter.

Very easy to do this way.

73

Radio Amateurs - Fill your junk box, from my junkbox!
http://www.hamradparts.com
73 de KB9BVN

ups.com...

Old May 25th 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
iw3arv

Hello Brian,

thanks for the suggestion. It's simple as I thought. I have the
intention to realise something like the vox circuit that si normally
used on the transverters.
The best I think is a separate unit with the possibility to switch from
rx and tx manually and automatically with the vox.

73 de Paolo Iw3arv