Old October 15th 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default Passed Tech Exam- Which HT??

Passed my Tech Exam today. Only missed one question. Am looking at
HTs. I am considering an IC -T7H from ICOM and a YAESU FT-60R. Leaning
towards the Yaesu. Any thoughts ideas or suggestions?

Chris
Old October 15th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

Papa Dog wrote:
Passed my Tech Exam today. Only missed one question. Am looking at
HTs. I am considering an IC -T7H from ICOM and a YAESU FT-60R. Leaning
towards the Yaesu. Any thoughts ideas or suggestions?

fitst of all congratuations

Not realying familer with either those radio althought they both look
fairly

I dod sugest if you travel much that aquire programing
software/interface cables to make it easier to program the radio if you
take a trip. most newer radio are a pain to reprogram an HT and with
the increasing number of repaeters using Pl tones to important to
program your radio before you get some place

Chris

Old October 15th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 03:20:09 GMT, Papa Dog
wrote:

Passed my Tech Exam today. Only missed one question. Am looking at
HTs. I am considering an IC -T7H from ICOM and a YAESU FT-60R. Leaning
towards the Yaesu. Any thoughts ideas or suggestions?

Chris

Mine is a Kenwood TH-G71. Very good tx/rx range.

Add a better antenna no matter which radio you get. The Comet SMA-24
works well and gives you a gain of 2.15/5.3 V/U.

Congratulations on your new ticket! Have fun on the air.

Bob
W9WTF
Old October 17th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Papa Dog wrote in
:

Passed my Tech Exam today. Only missed one question.

No, You missed another ten questions, the CW questions, but since the
Tech license is dumbed down you weren't tested on them.

Don't know which HT to recommend, but a lot of No-codes like the
Cobra 148GTL for HF.

SC

Old October 18th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Amazing; A new ham is excited about getting his ticket and these clowns
get into his face about CW.

Next we will hear more griping about the hobby dying. No wonder. Just
read these posts, who would want to be associated with such clowns. I am
always amazed these clowns are so familiar with CB model numbers etc.

Slow Code wrote:

Papa Dog wrote in
:

Passed my Tech Exam today. Only missed one question.

No, You missed another ten questions, the CW questions, but since the
Tech license is dumbed down you weren't tested on them.

Don't know which HT to recommend, but a lot of No-codes like the
Cobra 148GTL for HF.

SC

Amazing; A new ham is excited about getting his ticket and these clowns
get into his face about CW.

Next we will hear more griping about the hobby dying. No wonder. Just
read these posts, who would want to be associated with such clowns. I am
always amazed these clowns are so familiar with CB model numbers etc.

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Old October 18th 06, 08:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

No, You missed another ten questions, the CW questions, but since the
Tech license is dumbed down you weren't tested on them.

Don't know which HT to recommend, but a lot of No-codes like the
Cobra 148GTL for HF.

That was classic!!!!!

Old October 18th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

VIVA MEXICO CABRONES! wrote:
No, You missed another ten questions, the CW questions, but since the
Tech license is dumbed down you weren't tested on them.

Don't know which HT to recommend, but a lot of No-codes like the
Cobra 148GTL for HF.

That was classic!!!!!

agared a classic example of the moral bankruptcy of the ProCoders

Old October 18th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

Papa Dog wrote:
Passed my Tech Exam today. Only missed one question. Am looking at
HTs. I am considering an IC -T7H from ICOM and a YAESU FT-60R. Leaning
towards the Yaesu. Any thoughts ideas or suggestions?

Chris

BWHAHAhA The training wheel ham license...BWHAHAHAHAHA!