Old January 26th 11, 04:34 AM
Junior Member

Default Where can I get started?

I am interested in CB/shortwave... Any real place to get started? I am lost on this thing... Thanks
Old January 30th 11, 02:49 PM
Junior Member

Location: Cason Old Field NC.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I am interested in CB/shortwave... Any real place to get started? I am lost on this thing... Thanks
Well I to am an amature and have enjoyed shortwave for quite a number of years. I remember looking in the Sears Catalogue looking at all the shortwave radios like TransOceanics and such. To get started........? Well I guess CB will alow you to participate, where as a Shortwave will only afford listening pleasure. There are a couple monthly mags out there at your larger book stands or book stores in the magazine section. More often than not they are somewhat technical, while others are Amature friendly. You start as an amature, but after a couple purchases from ebay, you soon becomed hooked, and then your collection begins. You quickly learn the ins and outs, the $ part of it and technical aspects of particular units. This goes on untill you find yourself selling some of your collection in favor of collectable units. AT any rate Welcome..
Slow awake.....fast asleep

Last edited by Plotus : January 30th 11 at 02:53 PM

Getting Started pmf@rustyskydotcom Shortwave 1 October 16th 07 11:31 PM
help me get started please [email protected] Scanner 9 January 3rd 06 09:54 PM
Getting Started Jennie Shortwave 6 October 11th 04 11:18 PM
HOW DO I GET STARTED? reignman General 2 April 1st 04 02:08 AM
How to Get Started? Taj Haslani Shortwave 1 August 31st 03 04:02 PM