Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 28th 03, 01:01 AM
Mike Coslo

Jim Hampton wrote:
Mike, I agree it *is* a reasonable argument. Myself, I would prefer that a
portion of the bands be reserved for digital modes (including cw) in the
same manner that many parking lots used to have a number of spaces reserved
for small cars (I haven't seen that many in some time since cars have shrunk
considerably since the 70s). My fear is that some of the yahoos with 5 KW
capability would love to wreck havoc in the low ends of the various amateur
bands using voice modes. Besides, it makes it easier to find a station
using a mode that you may wish to use if the bands are segmented somewhat to
use.

All good points, Jim. The US method does indeed work pretty well, and
hams who disregard it with bookoo power could indeed make a mmess of it.

- Mike KB3EIA -