Old December 21st 03, 08:33 PM
Brenda Ann

"Roger Gt" wrote in message
. ..

"RHF" wrote in message
m...
TELAMON,
JFK's "Call" was NOT Limited to the Peace Corps; but to
Service of All Kinds to This Nation to Make It Greater.

+ To Get Involved in Government Civil Service.
+ To Join the Military
+ To Become a Teacher, Nurse, Doctor, ETC
+ To Become a Fireman, Policeman, Public Service Worker
+ To Volunteer in Your Communities - Helping Others
+ To Volunteer for the Peace Corps, VISTA, AmeriCorps
+ YES - Even To Get Involved into Politics

For Every American to Actively Work to Build A Better America [.]

I notice these are all government paid (read Welfare) positions! Was

there
ever a shortage of people with their hand out?

You have a very strange point of view. Since when are government jobs
(someone has to do them) "welfare"? Since when is volunteerism paid at all?

Old December 22nd 03, 02:22 AM
Roger Gt

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message
"Roger Gt" wrote in message
"RHF" wrote in message
TELAMON,
JFK's "Call" was NOT Limited to the Peace Corps; but to
Service of All Kinds to This Nation to Make It Greater.

+ To Get Involved in Government Civil Service.
+ To Join the Military
+ To Become a Teacher, Nurse, Doctor, ETC
+ To Become a Fireman, Policeman, Public Service Worker
+ To Volunteer in Your Communities - Helping Others
+ To Volunteer for the Peace Corps, VISTA, AmeriCorps
+ YES - Even To Get Involved into Politics

For Every American to Actively Work to Build A Better America [.]

I notice these are all government paid (read Welfare) positions! Was

there
ever a shortage of people with their hand out?

You have a very strange point of view. Since when are government jobs
(someone has to do them) "welfare"? Since when is volunteerism paid at

all?

You also have a very strange point of view!
Government jobs have always been the root of welfare.

(When the public welfare was reformed then President Clinton ordered
thousands put on the federal payroll to "Employ them" Elevator operators
for the Pentagon, for automatic self serve elevators. etc.)

IE: Position paid by the taxpayers without responsibility for the outcome or
result.
Show me anyone in any government position who is held responsible for the
damage they do, or failures to perform! Never happens, or rather so
rarely it is a major news event, when was the last time you heard of a
government employee held responsible!

None of the positions listed are actually Volunteers! All are paid,
although some are called compensation. Pay, Salary = Compensation. No
difference.

There used to be volunteer fire men, and other "Public Service
positions, but not much anymore, the Unions are using these positions to
extract moneys to enhance the political position they uniquely espouse!
That THEY OWN these positions!

Old December 22nd 03, 08:05 AM
Roger Gt

"RHF" wrote in message BA,

I guess what 'roger' does not understand was that JFK was calling for
the American People to be "Committed" to a Life's Work in any form of
Public Service. YES - These were JOBS and most of the Volunteer
Programs have their Benefits. But... JFK was asking more of
individuals; then simply doing a 'job'. Things like a bring a Passion
to their Work. A Desire to make this Nation a Better Place for All
the People. Giving Back To America.

Since you said "I guess" you acknowledge you ignorance.

None of the comments you appended,
from you own questionable bias has
anything to do with what I said and do
not answer the question ask.

The office of the president is a distractive function,
the speeches quoted were political in nature.
Not in keeping with the proper performance of his office.

Would he have been reelected?
I wonder.
He did reduce taxes, possibly for the wrong reasons,
we will never know.
He was not a deity, nor an exceptional man.
His fame came from being assonated!
Not a satisfactory way to make a mark in history.
IMO

As for 'roger' last three lines:
* Do you suppose JFK was shot for mouthing off?
* If he had not said those things, would he still be alive?
* Would he have been elected for a second term?

'roger' evidently subscribes to the "False" Idea of the OWLES.
That it is their Duty-In-Life to Tear Down America in Words and Deads.
To Attack America's Dead Heros and Public Leaders like JFK.

The only attack was yours. Unwarented and unnecessary.
JFK was not and is not a Hero! He is DEAD!

I subscribe to the Readers Digest.
Never heard of OWLES.
I am a thirteenth generation American,
a veteran of the US ARMY 1st Division.
I do not tolerate insults from those speaking from ignorance.

wabfh ~ RHF
= = = We Are Better For Him (JFK).

I also do not subscribe to a religious following to a figure who contributed
little to the strengths of the Construction and the limited powers the
Federal government has been permitted. Only the founders deserve such
reverence.

Old December 22nd 03, 08:11 AM
Brenda Ann

"Roger Gt" wrote in message
. ..
JFK was not and is not a Hero! He is DEAD!

You should read more about his service in WWII.. perhaps the book PT-109?
He was a war hero, more than we can say about our last two presidents
(including the current one).

Old December 22nd 03, 09:14 AM
Roger Gt

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Roger Gt" wrote in message
. ..
JFK was not and is not a Hero! He is DEAD!

You should read more about his service in WWII.. perhaps the book PT-109?
He was a war hero, more than we can say about our last two presidents
(including the current one).

It was his speaches I addressed, not his service record.
He did indeed loose his ship to a Japanese
Warship and managed to save the crew.
I have heard the story, and seen the movie.

But being assinated did not make him a hero.

Clinton, avoided service and was largely disrespected for it.
Bush (current) served in a manner that was not sterling, but he did serve.
I can't say I approve of either's conduce relative to the military,
but President Bush is at least well liked!

Again, this has nothing to do with the question I ask!

No more nits....

Old December 22nd 03, 03:01 PM
RHF

roger, Roger. ROGER !

"Would he (JFK) have been reelected ?"

Humbled by your Pedigree of being a Thirteenth Generation American.

And Speaking Out of My (simple mind: I Love My Country) Ignorance.

I would have to Answer Your Question: Most Certainly YES !

TBL: JFK would have been Re-Elected [.]

ggmtw... ~ RHF
= = = God Grant Me the Wisdom . . .
..
..
= = = "Roger Gt"

Old December 22nd 03, 11:05 PM
Dave Bushong

Sorry for top-posting Roger, but I wanted to say "thank you" for your
having been in the US Military.

Salute!!! (to you)

Dave
KZ1O

--
This file is PureMail protected. To reply to the sender,
you MUST include this in the subject line:

YKXWBSX7I6 01/03/2004

(without that string in the subject, your
message will be deleted, unread)

Old December 22nd 03, 11:23 PM
Stinger

Kennedy was a fascinating figure --
--basically groomed from birth by a scheming father for the presidency,
--a womanizer,
--the visionary that sent us to the moon and started the Peace Corps,
--and the sort of legend that can only be made by dying young.

However, Kennedy also gave us LBJ,
--who gave us the welfare state that has arguably destroyed the family
structure of black Americans over the last 35 years,
--who ramped up the Vietnam War,
--and didn't try to win it -- betraying the trust of our servicemen,
--and giving credence to a knee-jerk anti-war movement that persists
(though times have changed) to this day.

JMO,

-- Stinger

"RHF" wrote in message
m...
roger, Roger. ROGER !

"Would he (JFK) have been reelected ?"

Humbled by your Pedigree of being a Thirteenth Generation American.

And Speaking Out of My (simple mind: I Love My Country) Ignorance.

I would have to Answer Your Question: Most Certainly YES !

TBL: JFK would have been Re-Elected [.]

ggmtw... ~ RHF
= = = God Grant Me the Wisdom . . .
.
.
= = = "Roger Gt"

Old December 23rd 03, 12:02 AM
Dave Bushong

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Roger Gt" wrote in message
. ..

JFK was not and is not a Hero! He is DEAD!

You should read more about his service in WWII.. perhaps the book PT-109?
He was a war hero, more than we can say about our last two presidents
(including the current one).

I did.

You can do so also by doing a google using the search terms

jfk pt-109 incompetent

Just stick with the mainline links, such as the one from NBC, or from
the guy who was on the PT boat with him.

And to his credit, he got the USA going into space. I think he was a
good guy, and he had a healthy libido. He was also smart enough to know
that lowering taxes stimulates the economy. Democrats now have gone
far, far away from JFK's Democrats. That is why they are going the way
of the dodo.

And now, to be in line with the intent of this newsgroup (speaking of
space), does anyone here use azimuth-only antennas for satellite use?
I'm trying to, and ZERO success. I hear them, but so far, nada. Tips
please? Followup here, or reply directly (but read the PureMail message
at the bottom here!!).

From what I can tell these days, there are only a couple dozen guys
actually using the sats. True?

All the best, and 73,
Dave
KZ1O

Old December 23rd 03, 12:13 AM
Dave Bushong

Roger Gt wrote:

[JFK stuff]

But being assinated did not make him a hero.

Correct. Being "assinated" would have made him a homo. Which he was
not, by any means. He had sex with more women than either Bill or
Hillary wanted to.

Clinton, avoided service and was largely disrespected for it.
Bush (current) served in a manner that was not sterling, but he did serve.

How about you? Did you "serve" more or less than either Bush Sr. or
Bush Jr.? OR did you "serve" as much as Clinton?

The FAQ says there should be a radio theme to the posting, so:

Question: here in NH, I've been keeping my scanner handy when the prez
contenders come to visit. Anyone else doing so?

Dave
KZ1O