Old December 8th 03, 10:20 PM
Jim Shaffer, Jr.

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 07:52:44 GMT, "D. Stussy" wrote:

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Jim Shaffer, Jr. wrote:
[Scanner post text deleted]

Well, what do you expect from someone so ****ing stupid that he can live with
himself for enforcing seatbelt laws? Victimless crimes should be abolished.
The "people" enforcing such laws are robots, not human beings.

Since when is that a "victimless" crime? Jerk not wearing a seat-belt gets
involved in an accident (his fault or not; doesn't matter) - and sues the other
driver for the aggravation of his injuries (which could have been avoided or
certainly lessened if a seat belt had been worn). Insurance company raises
rates on ALL customers due to the litigation (even if their insured is not at
fault - because of the "general statistics" of more serious accidents in the
area).

Mandatory insurance is also fascism, and the government should be paying for
everyone's health care anyway -- they're not doing anything else useful with the
taxes they take from us.

Old December 9th 03, 07:29 AM
David Casey

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:20:46 -0500, Jim Shaffer, Jr. wrote:

Mandatory insurance is also fascism, and the government should be paying for
everyone's health care anyway -- they're not doing anything else useful with the
taxes they take from us.

Is it a full moon already or what?

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

www.geocities.com/davidcasey98
Added Patriot live fire pics from June 2002,
Bosque fire pics from June 2003, CQB training
pics from October 2003, FTX pics from October 2000,
NBC training pics from September 2000, and
Dining Out pics from October 2000!
Old December 9th 03, 05:42 PM
KØHB

"D. Stussy" wrote

Since when is that a "victimless" crime? Jerk not wearing a seat-belt

gets
involved in an accident (his fault or not; doesn't matter) - and sues the

other
driver for the aggravation of his injuries (which could have been avoided

or
certainly lessened if a seat belt had been worn).

Another example of the Great Dumbing Down of America.

The world is methodically being dumbed down by government efforts to protect
us from stupid people.

Stupid drivers don't recognize the dangers of speed, so they drive too fast
and kill themselves. The government regulates speed, so now more stupid
people survive.

Stupid automobile passengers get killed because they don't buckle their
seat belts. Government steps in and makes seat belt usage mandatory,
so now more stupid people survive.

Stupid pedestrians don't know enough to not step out into a busy street, so
they get injured and killed trying to cross the street. The government makes
laws giving them the right-of-way, so now more stupid people survive.

Stupid parents don't recognize the value of childhood inoculations. The
government makes them vaccinate their children before entering school, so
now more stupid people survive.

Stupid hams don't know enough to keep their fingers out of 3KV plate
transformers, so they get fried in their own juice. Some would have the
government protect them, and more stupid people would survive.

In the ways of Mother Nature, stupidity was kept in check because stupid
people generally didn't survive to breeding age, thus our species tended to
get smarter over time.

But stupidity begets stupidity, so we are being overwhelmed by a tsunami of
stupidity. The tsunami is triggered by the government protection of stupid
people, which allows them to survive to reproduce.

Ergo, less government regulations makes a smarter populace.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old December 9th 03, 11:52 PM
Dave Bushong

(minor pruning of groups)

KØHB wrote:

"D. Stussy" wrote

[seatbelts]

Another example of the Great Dumbing Down of America.

The world is methodically being dumbed down by government efforts to protect
us from stupid people.

Stupid drivers don't recognize the dangers of speed, so they drive too fast
and kill themselves. The government regulates speed, so now more stupid
people survive.
[...]

Most people aren't willing to be this honest. But it is true -- nature
prunes itself, everywhere from the old branches on that oak tree in your
backyard, to the newly-hatched turtle who can't make it to the shoreline
before the seagull eats him up.

It's sad but true. And as usual, humans are trying to change the way
nature works.

My guess is that the dinosaurs tried that once.

ONCE.

Dave
KZ1O

--
This file is PureMail protected. To reply to the sender,
you MUST include this in the subject line:

YKXWBSX7I6 01/03/2004

(without that string in the subject, your
message will be deleted, unread)

Old December 10th 03, 09:02 PM
Allen McBroom

"DSL" scribed upon the newsgroup
scroll news

Uh pardon me, but he won't be able to tell you that because you and

everyone
else that replied are being trolled. The post that you are replying
to was originally posted in April of this year not by me, but by
someone going by the alias "RedXIII".

http://www.google.com/groups?q=g:thl...&lr=&ie=UTF-8&
oe=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=XiGdnQpVrN5FVTijXTWcpw%40comcast.c om

Further info on this, he posted the same as "RedXIII" in
rec.radio.scanner on April 22, 2003 (probably a cross post).
Link is:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ght&rnum=&thl=
0,1083608724,1083589878

A click on the link in his sig

(http://mywebpages.comcast.net/RedXIII1/Info.html)

provided enlightenng, yet crude, info that RedXIII is just a troll. This
link verifies this.

The actual page text says: "You're all a bunch of f***ing losers that
are being duped by the REC.RADIO TROLL!!!! F**K OFF!!!"

How much more more do we need to realize every bit of the original
post is troll fodder?
Gosh.

-
Allen McBroom
Remove WOOF when replying by email

Old December 12th 03, 06:32 AM
D. Stussy

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 wrote:
Midwest Kid wrote:
"DooDahMan" wrote in message

What should I do? I know for a fact that it's not illegal and this

asshole
harrassed me just cuz he was bored i suppose.

First, speak with some lawyers and the prosecutor/district attorney. If you
find you are in the right, then I would see if it's legal for you to record
everything. File a complaint against the cop and if they call you, record
what they say. They could come and lock you up, and then you could end up
with a nice nest egg.

Let's get real and stop the BS. The police are not going to lock anyone
up for having a scanner in their vehicle of not having the belt on.
That's the most stupid thing I have read.

You most likely was stopped to for NOT being buckled up. Most states
require some other violation before they can use the belt laws. The
scanner was just an after thought when the officer seen it. The majority
of police (citizens) know nothing about radio/scanner laws. It's not a
hobby like fishing or motorcycling etc..

Then they shouldn't be trying to enforce such laws or assume that something is
illegal just because they don't like it. They have no authority to enforce a
law that doesn't exist.

What you DDM should do is stop being a nut and start being polite, just
like you would expect be to done to you. The newsgroups are not the
place to ask legal questions in the first place. As was stated, get a
copy of the scanner laws and show the officer, that could help him/her
in their duties and help keep the heat off off of you and someone else
in the future.

Old December 16th 03, 07:08 PM
Jerry None

We have MORE Big Brother stuff now then before thanks to those Rush
Limbaugh Republicans. We need a change for the better: Vote
Democratic in 2004.

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message ...
"RHF" wrote in message
om...
DDM,

States have to demonstrate that they are 'enforcing' the "Seat
Belt" Laws or the Federal Government can cut certain Highway
and Transportation Funding that is 'tied' to "Safer Highways"

Thank You Jimmy Carter !
= Another Big Brother,
= = Big Government Idea !
= = = Form the Democrats [.]

And we can thank Mr. Reagan for blackmailing the states in a similar fashion
to raise the drinking age to 21.. I'm not certain that Carter had anything
much to do with the federal seatbelt mandate, but he had his own
boondoggles.. the 55mph speed limit, the banning of decorative gaslights,
etc. during the Arab oil embargo, and our own oil companies claiming we were
dangerously short on reserves so that they could gouge us at the pumps (at
least Carter's Attorney General made them give some of it back in the form
of free gas).

Doesn't matter anyway which party pushes this stuff.... it's BS. The
federal government has been strongarming states to do their bidding for
years.. wonder what the next unfunded mandate will be??

Old December 16th 03, 09:33 PM
:-: Ghost Chip :-:

om...

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"RHF" wrote in message
[...]

Read the 10th Amendment for the few limited powers the FEDs were
explicitly given.
All other power was left to the states.
All the rest of FED power is economic blackmail upon the States.
Ghost

Old December 16th 03, 11:30 PM
RHF

JN,

Everyone Who VOTES - Votes Democratic.

Regardless of which Political Party Democrat, Republican, Green, Peace
and Freedom, American Independent, Libertarian, ETC.

Do Not Confuse Democratic Principles and the Concept of Democracy:
= = = With the Political Party that Labels itself "Democrat"

BE AN AMERICA FIRST AND FORMOST [.]
- Political Party Label and
- - Political Party Membership is way down the List.
- - - After Family, Faith and the Brotherhood of Man . . .

Blessed by God with Life and Progressive by Nature thru Living ~ RHF
[ Just an Old Retired Blue Collar Union Member - Dosvedanya Tovarisch
]
..
..
= = = (Jerry None)