Old December 8th 03, 05:03 AM
DooDahMan

"core_dump" wrote in message
. 3.44...
(DooDahMan) wrote in :
Wasn't this exact message posted once before? It seems awfully familiar.

Absolutely it was. By a RedXIII:

http://www.google.com/groups?q=g:thl...0comcast.c om

This troll who has now assumed my identity , obviously has mistaken me for
some cop hating maggot. And everyone here is still stupid enough to fall for
it.

Old December 8th 03, 06:27 AM
JJ

DooDahMan wrote:

Go **** yourself doc.

I think I see why the cop may have been a little rude. Could you
attitude have had something to do with it maybe?

Old December 8th 03, 07:47 AM
D. Stussy

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Stinger wrote:
That's a shame.

Well, the first thing to do is wait thirty days so you won't have two
charges to defend (bogus or not, it will take up your time if he's provoked
into filing the charge).

After that, my suggestion would be to ask your local District Attorney for
an opinion on your radio (he'll appreciate the links, or better yet-- a hard
copy), and get his favorable reply in writing. (You may end up with an
Assistant DA, but they will accommodate you if you persist.)

What the DA thinks doesn't matter. See FCC ruling 93-17, which dealt with
amateur radio equipment which could RX public safety frequencies. Once the feds
rule, local jurisdictions don't have a choice.

Keep the letter with your insurance certificate and registration handy in
your glove compartment, just in case you forget to buckle-up again.

What I didn't see in the original post was whether or not the driver WAS wearing
a seat belt or not....
Old December 8th 03, 07:52 AM
D. Stussy

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Jim Shaffer, Jr. wrote:
[Scanner post text deleted]

Well, what do you expect from someone so ****ing stupid that he can live with
himself for enforcing seatbelt laws? Victimless crimes should be abolished.
The "people" enforcing such laws are robots, not human beings.

Since when is that a "victimless" crime? Jerk not wearing a seat-belt gets
involved in an accident (his fault or not; doesn't matter) - and sues the other
driver for the aggravation of his injuries (which could have been avoided or
certainly lessened if a seat belt had been worn). Insurance company raises
rates on ALL customers due to the litigation (even if their insured is not at
fault - because of the "general statistics" of more serious accidents in the
area).

Unless you can show me that ONLY the rates of the non-seat-belt-wearer are
affected, then there are victims other than the perp. of your "victimless"
crime....
Old December 8th 03, 09:25 AM
Lord Floyd

"DSL" wrote in news:i2XAb.9736
:

What county (Specifically what city) did this happen in ????

It didn't happen anywhere, this whole thread is based on a bogus story that
showed up in April.

It's troll bait. The OP even includes himself in the his moron list,
reread the original message.

The OP is just a cross-posting dumbass sheep shagger who has a hardon for
some of the radio groups.

Search google groups using this criteria: asshole cop group:*.scanner

--
You are a fluke of the Universe
You have no right to be here

Old December 8th 03, 11:36 AM
Troll Alert

TROLL ALERT

This is the same troll that posted the FALSE message a couple years
ago about having his scanner in a department store. He heard security
watching someone else, warned that someone else, and got his butt
whipped by security for doing so.

I WISH IT REALLY HAPPENED!!!

TROLL ALERT

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 09:25:55 GMT, Lord Floyd
wrote:

"DSL" wrote in news:i2XAb.9736
:

Old December 8th 03, 08:55 PM

Midwest Kid wrote:

"DooDahMan" wrote in message

What should I do? I know for a fact that it's not illegal and this

asshole
harrassed me just cuz he was bored i suppose.

First, speak with some lawyers and the prosecutor/district attorney. If you
find you are in the right, then I would see if it's legal for you to record
everything. File a complaint against the cop and if they call you, record
what they say. They could come and lock you up, and then you could end up
with a nice nest egg.

Let's get real and stop the BS. The police are not going to lock anyone
up for having a scanner in their vehicle of not having the belt on.
That's the most stupid thing I have read.

You most likely was stopped to for NOT being buckled up. Most states
require some other violation before they can use the belt laws. The
scanner was just an after thought when the officer seen it. The majority
of police (citizens) know nothing about radio/scanner laws. It's not a
hobby like fishing or motorcycling etc..

What you DDM should do is stop being a nut and start being polite, just
like you would expect be to done to you. The newsgroups are not the
place to ask legal questions in the first place. As was stated, get a
copy of the scanner laws and show the officer, that could help him/her
in their duties and help keep the heat off off of you and someone else
in the future.
Old December 8th 03, 09:04 PM

The "55" came from Nixon. You remember him and watergate.

"ONE" term Carter was a boondoggle.

Carter needed the FREE gas to cook his peanuts.

10-4 on the unfunded mandateed laws from the Feds. They make laws that
the states are required to enforce but fail to fund them.

Brenda Ann wrote:

And we can thank Mr. Reagan for blackmailing the states in a similar fashion
to raise the drinking age to 21.. I'm not certain that Carter had anything
much to do with the federal seatbelt mandate, but he had his own
boondoggles.. the 55mph speed limit, the banning of decorative gaslights,
etc. during the Arab oil embargo, and our own oil companies claiming we were
dangerously short on reserves so that they could gouge us at the pumps (at
least Carter's Attorney General made them give some of it back in the form
of free gas).

Doesn't matter anyway which party pushes this stuff.... it's BS. The
federal government has been strongarming states to do their bidding for
years.. wonder what the next unfunded mandate will be??