Old December 7th 03, 11:34 PM
Jim Shaffer, Jr.

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 21:40:38 GMT, (DooDahMan) wrote:

So this asshole cop pulls me over today and starts asking me why I have a
scanner in my car. I tell him it's a hobby and that NJ state scanner law
states that having a scanner in your vehicle is not illegal unless it's used
for commiting a crime or evading police. Which is true. It's says so right
he

http://www.siscanner.8m.com/laws.html

and he

http://www.maxpages.com/frequencies/NJ_Laws

and he

http://www.fordyce.org/scanning/scan...o/nj-laws.html

That wasn't good enough for that asshole, so after he writes me for not
having a seat belt on, he tells me that the "NJ scanner law stuff is
hogwash" and that unless I'm a tow truck driver, EMT, fire
fighter....(insert own bull****) that I can't have it in my car and that he
has 30 days to decide if he wants to charge me with the crime of having it
in my car.

Well, what do you expect from someone so ****ing stupid that he can live with
himself for enforcing seatbelt laws? Victimless crimes should be abolished.
The "people" enforcing such laws are robots, not human beings.

Old December 7th 03, 11:47 PM
ex-patBrit

JAMES SHAFFER wiped his
nose with his yarmulke and hissed:

---On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 21:40:38 GMT, (DooDahMan) wrote:
---So this asshole cop pulls me over today and starts asking me why have
---scanner in my car.

****e mate you u live in a police state! you need to be liberated !
Old December 8th 03, 04:17 AM
Joe User

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 18:47:12 -0500, ex-patBrit
wrote:

****e mate you u live in a police state! you need to be liberated !

True, NJ /is/ a police state. Took a road trip a couple of years ago,
drove almost 6000 miles around the midwest and northwest USA, saw
maybe three speed traps the whole time. On the final leg through NJ
heading back into NYC, counted over TWENTY speed traps. And those are
just the ones that didn't bother hiding.

And remember, NJ is one of those places where DWB is a felony offense.
(Driving While Black, for the uninitiated).

I've boycotted New Jersey.

Pick up your scanner and move somewhere that the police don't act like
stormtroopers.

Old December 8th 03, 04:42 AM
RP Jones

And they will plant dope in your car if your not nice to them.
I refuse to drive in the state with New York plates.
Yeas ago I was stopped on the Palisades Pkwy in Alpine for a tire presser
test.
The cop said the tires have to much wear and said: "you cant drive garbage
through the streets here"
They impounded my 68 Chevy van and slashed the 2 front tires, handed me an
unsafe vehicle ticket and told me start walking ......waiving nightsticks
-RP

Old December 8th 03, 07:52 AM
D. Stussy

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Jim Shaffer, Jr. wrote:
[Scanner post text deleted]

Well, what do you expect from someone so ****ing stupid that he can live with
himself for enforcing seatbelt laws? Victimless crimes should be abolished.
The "people" enforcing such laws are robots, not human beings.

Since when is that a "victimless" crime? Jerk not wearing a seat-belt gets
involved in an accident (his fault or not; doesn't matter) - and sues the other
driver for the aggravation of his injuries (which could have been avoided or
certainly lessened if a seat belt had been worn). Insurance company raises
rates on ALL customers due to the litigation (even if their insured is not at
fault - because of the "general statistics" of more serious accidents in the
area).

Unless you can show me that ONLY the rates of the non-seat-belt-wearer are
affected, then there are victims other than the perp. of your "victimless"
crime....
Old December 8th 03, 10:20 PM
Jim Shaffer, Jr.

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 07:52:44 GMT, "D. Stussy" wrote:

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Jim Shaffer, Jr. wrote:
[Scanner post text deleted]

Well, what do you expect from someone so ****ing stupid that he can live with
himself for enforcing seatbelt laws? Victimless crimes should be abolished.
The "people" enforcing such laws are robots, not human beings.

Since when is that a "victimless" crime? Jerk not wearing a seat-belt gets
involved in an accident (his fault or not; doesn't matter) - and sues the other
driver for the aggravation of his injuries (which could have been avoided or
certainly lessened if a seat belt had been worn). Insurance company raises
rates on ALL customers due to the litigation (even if their insured is not at
fault - because of the "general statistics" of more serious accidents in the
area).

Mandatory insurance is also fascism, and the government should be paying for
everyone's health care anyway -- they're not doing anything else useful with the
taxes they take from us.

Old December 9th 03, 07:29 AM
David Casey

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:20:46 -0500, Jim Shaffer, Jr. wrote:

Mandatory insurance is also fascism, and the government should be paying for
everyone's health care anyway -- they're not doing anything else useful with the
taxes they take from us.

Is it a full moon already or what?

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

www.geocities.com/davidcasey98
Added Patriot live fire pics from June 2002,
Bosque fire pics from June 2003, CQB training
pics from October 2003, FTX pics from October 2000,
NBC training pics from September 2000, and
Dining Out pics from October 2000!
Old December 9th 03, 05:42 PM
KØHB

"D. Stussy" wrote

Since when is that a "victimless" crime? Jerk not wearing a seat-belt

gets
involved in an accident (his fault or not; doesn't matter) - and sues the

other
driver for the aggravation of his injuries (which could have been avoided

or
certainly lessened if a seat belt had been worn).

Another example of the Great Dumbing Down of America.

The world is methodically being dumbed down by government efforts to protect
us from stupid people.

Stupid drivers don't recognize the dangers of speed, so they drive too fast
and kill themselves. The government regulates speed, so now more stupid
people survive.

Stupid automobile passengers get killed because they don't buckle their
seat belts. Government steps in and makes seat belt usage mandatory,
so now more stupid people survive.

Stupid pedestrians don't know enough to not step out into a busy street, so
they get injured and killed trying to cross the street. The government makes
laws giving them the right-of-way, so now more stupid people survive.

Stupid parents don't recognize the value of childhood inoculations. The
government makes them vaccinate their children before entering school, so
now more stupid people survive.

Stupid hams don't know enough to keep their fingers out of 3KV plate
transformers, so they get fried in their own juice. Some would have the
government protect them, and more stupid people would survive.

In the ways of Mother Nature, stupidity was kept in check because stupid
people generally didn't survive to breeding age, thus our species tended to
get smarter over time.

But stupidity begets stupidity, so we are being overwhelmed by a tsunami of
stupidity. The tsunami is triggered by the government protection of stupid
people, which allows them to survive to reproduce.

Ergo, less government regulations makes a smarter populace.

73, de Hans, K0HB