Old November 6th 04, 07:08 PM
GeorgeF

Default 6 Meter Interference caused by TV Channel 2.

I’m experiencing some strong interference across the 6 meter band which
I believe is coming from a local (within 40 miles) TV channel 2. Where
can I get a filter to deal with this? Is there a low pass filter with
a cutoff at 54 MHz? I only work SSB and CW on 6 so I’m only interested
in the lower portion of the band, if I cut off 52 MHz and above that
would be fine by me…..

George
Old November 7th 04, 07:56 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"GeorgeF" wrote in message
ink.net...
I’m experiencing some strong interference across the 6 meter band which
I believe is coming from a local (within 40 miles) TV channel 2. Where
can I get a filter to deal with this? Is there a low pass filter with
a cutoff at 54 MHz? I only work SSB and CW on 6 so I’m only interested
in the lower portion of the band, if I cut off 52 MHz and above that
would be fine by me…..

George

Possibly you could notch it out. Look around for a ARRL handbook and check
out the subject.

Sometimes a hunk of coax with a trim cap can do the trick. Or you may have
to get more elaborate. Start out simple. Again look it up in a ARRL
handbook. I don't know about the new ones, since its all appliance ops now
a days.

Dan/W4NTI

Old November 7th 04, 11:10 PM
John

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"GeorgeF" wrote in message
ink.net...

I’m experiencing some strong interference across the 6 meter band which
I believe is coming from a local (within 40 miles) TV channel 2. Where
can I get a filter to deal with this? Is there a low pass filter with
a cutoff at 54 MHz? I only work SSB and CW on 6 so I’m only interested
in the lower portion of the band, if I cut off 52 MHz and above that
would be fine by me…..

George

Possibly you could notch it out. Look around for a ARRL handbook and check
out the subject.

Sometimes a hunk of coax with a trim cap can do the trick. Or you may have
to get more elaborate. Start out simple. Again look it up in a ARRL
handbook. I don't know about the new ones, since its all appliance ops now
a days.

Dan/W4NTI

There were commercial low pass filters on the market (Drake?) with a cut
off of
about 52MHz. Ratings were 1KW in the HF bands but only 100W on 6.
Worked well on 6 between the exciter and amp. I would suggest looking
for a surplus unit or building yourself as others have suggested.
73, John

Old November 7th 04, 11:19 PM
TBA

"John" wrote in message

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"GeorgeF" wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

"IF" I read the OP correctly, HE is the one being interfered with. A LOW
pass isn't going to cure anything. That is for TRANSMIT on his end.. He
needs to "notch" out the Channel 2 signal by whatever means from his
receiver - when in the receive mode. I'm thinking a T on the back of the set
with a stub - open or shorted, but may be tricky so as not to interfere with
the rest of the receiver frequencies or transmit. A little experimentation
here can go a ways.

TBA

Old November 8th 04, 12:36 AM
Ralph Lindberg

In article . net,
GeorgeF wrote:

I¹m experiencing some strong interference across the 6 meter band which
I believe is coming from a local (within 40 miles) TV channel 2. Where
can I get a filter to deal with this? Is there a low pass filter with
a cutoff at 54 MHz? I only work SSB and CW on 6 so I¹m only interested
in the lower portion of the band, if I cut off 52 MHz and above that
would be fine by meŠ..

George

I have one I bought 20 years ago, but, boy, I can't recall the brand,
it might be a Drake, it also might be a B&W. But it has a cut-off of
52Mhz (3db point) and could handle over 500 CCC

--
Personal email 's a SPAM trap)