Old January 17th 05, 05:35 PM
RST Engineering

Default W5YI & ARRL Testing Dates

Does anybody maintain a website with both of the major VEC test dates,
times, and locations?

Jim

Old January 17th 05, 06:03 PM
Caveat Lector

Does this help ?

http://www.arrl.org/arrlvec/examsearch.phtml

http://www.w5yi.org/exam_locations_ama.php
--
Caveat Lector

Old January 17th 05, 06:34 PM
RST Engineering

The ARRL link helped. I was not aware that they took ALL VECs and put them
on their site.

The W5YI site was not of any use. All they said was to contact the CVE in
your area to find out about exams.

I find it hard to believe from the ARRL site that there isn't a SINGLE W5YI
exam in the whole state of California for the next couple of months.

Jim

Old January 18th 05, 03:24 AM
Dee Flint

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
The ARRL link helped. I was not aware that they took ALL VECs and put
them on their site.

The W5YI site was not of any use. All they said was to contact the CVE in
your area to find out about exams.

I find it hard to believe from the ARRL site that there isn't a SINGLE
W5YI exam in the whole state of California for the next couple of months.

Jim

The ARRL site doesn't usually list any testing but the ARRL testing. Best
thing to do is to find clubs in your area and contact them. They will
usually know who is sponsoring what in their area. There are, after all, 12
VECs and the ARRL and W5YI won't have detail data on some of these. For
example, if you check their websites, you would come away believing that
there is no testing within a hundred miles or more of San Diego. However,
if you do a search for San Diego amateur radio of the web, you will find the
SANDARC and that they are a VEC and that there is a test available nearly
every weekend somewhere in the Sand Diego area.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old January 20th 05, 09:30 PM
D. Stussy

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, RST Engineering wrote:
I find it hard to believe from the ARRL site that there isn't a SINGLE W5YI
exam in the whole state of California for the next couple of months.

I don't. Fred was too much of a hardass for paperwork.
Old January 20th 05, 11:42 PM
Dee Flint

"D. Stussy" wrote in message
g...
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, RST Engineering wrote:
I find it hard to believe from the ARRL site that there isn't a SINGLE
W5YI
exam in the whole state of California for the next couple of months.

I don't. Fred was too much of a hardass for paperwork.

Much of the area is well covered by OTHER VECs. For example all exams in
the San Diego area are done by SANDARC. They have an exam somewhere in that
area almost every weekend. So you might try a web search using the city
name that you are interested in combined with the words amateur radio.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

ARRL Propose New License Class & Code-Free HF Access Lloyd Mitchell Antenna 43 October 26th 04 01:37 AM
ARRL and the local scene KØHB Policy 3 May 17th 04 02:30 AM
NEWS: N2DUP announces for ARRL section manager in Minnesota Chuck Gysi N2DUP General 0 May 9th 04 09:18 PM
ARRL's Incoming QSL Burro Screwing NON ARRL members! NIW Policy 0 March 23rd 04 10:29 PM