Old November 23rd 05, 10:22 AM posted to alt.cocksucker.roger-wiseman,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Lights Out

Default Woger

Please, guys, give Roger a break and remember him in your prayers.

We all know Roger has not been well for years and years, and these last two
weeks have been a particularly difficult time for him.

Roger suffers from congenital heart problems, a problem that at fifty years
of age, is difficult to deal with.

How about all of us say a silent prayer for Roger and ask God to speed Roger
on his road to recovery?

There is power in prayer and who knows? Maybe our prayers can help speed
Woger to a quick recovery.

And if God doesn't listen??? Well, Roger is going to die.

Bottom line? Nobody cares.

Old November 23rd 05, 02:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
14313 keyclown

There is no word in our language to explain this feeling.
In fact only the German language has a word for
this: "Schadenfreude". It means taking pleasure in the misfortune
of others. It is not necessarily malicious, or envious. It can
be a just pleasu the fall from grace was deserved.

"As I learned there was a word for this, albeit in
another language, in German, and so sort of as a hobby I continued
to look into this subject of why is it that we feel pleasure when
bad things happen to other people. And the more I looked, the more
fascinated I became - in part, because I couldn't find anything. No
one seemed to have written on it. And eventually, I came across a
clue in the writings of Arthur Schopenhauer, a very influential 19th-
century German philosopher who, in the 1840s, says essentially "turn
back, don't look any further. There is a kind of pleasure that we
take in the misfortunes of other people. It is called Schadenfreude,
and it is a sign that the devil is working in a person". And this is
very curious, because I knew that Schopenhauer, an atheist, didn't
believe in God. And so I was intrigued that he referred to this
religious imagery - to frighten us, if you will. Not long after
Schopenhauer wrote, in the 1840s, that we should banish from our
communities any monster who ever witnessed taking pleasure in the
misfortunes or sufferings of other people, an English Archbishop
named R. C. Trench used the word Schadenfreude by name, in a book
that he wrote called The Study of Words. According to the Oxford
English Dictionary, this English Archbishop R. C. Trench is the
first person ever to use the word Schadenfreude in the English
language. And his use was quite curious. He'd moved to a discussion
of frightening words, and he used as one of his primary
illustrations the word Schadenfreude - he said to English
speakers "our neighbours, the Germans, have a word for taking
pleasure in the misfortunes of other people", and he said that the
mere fact that the German language contained a word for this
phenomenon was evidence that all of German culture was
polluted, was tainted."

- John Portmann

Old November 25th 05, 08:11 PM posted to alt.cocksucker.geno-paris,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default Lardass shows off his cocksucking lisp!

Lights Out wrote:
Please,

Poor Lardass, can't go two seconds without thinking of his owner.

Laying Waste to Frank Of Silliland's Silliness K4YZ Policy 454 September 18th 05 02:09 AM
"Typos", Wogie??? Lloyd 2 Policy 7 June 24th 05 06:15 AM
Grown men are running in terror from Woger Lloyd Policy 0 June 18th 05 02:14 PM
Selling 52 Simplex Radios Rabbi Phil General 20 April 20th 05 11:25 PM
Selling 52 Simplex Radios Rabbi Phil Policy 20 April 20th 05 11:25 PM