Old July 10th 06, 10:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default ARS License Numbers

"J. D. B." wrote in
:

Bzzzzzttt....wrong. The problem is the old farts fought changes for so
long that the population got interested in other things like computers
and Internet. I mean who the heck wants to learn old, outdated code in
an Internet world. It's not "dumbing down" it's antiquated and not
needed. Sure it's fun if you want to learn it, but why force people to
learn something that is just not necessary? It's not. The change away
from code should have been made 20 years ago.

Actually, you apparently don't even listen to 11 meters because if you
did, you would hear a very quiet band. They've left for the Internet
and cell phones.

I don't know where you come up with this stuff you have been spewing out
lately, but you are grossly out of touch with reality.

There's nothing wrong with appliance operators. Let people communicate
and communicate easily. This is the age of easy to use radios. Radios
with silicon and not old, big, hot glass tubes. The world always changes
and you have to learn to change with it.

So give up your buggy whip, get down from your horse, and learn to drive
a car. We're not going to test you on animal husbandry as it applies to
horses in order for you to get a license to drive a modern car. It's
not dumbing down, it's just evolution.

I know you're right.

Hams just want to be appliance operators these days and they don't want
license exams that will interfere with them getting to those appliances
even though it means being less worthy. I don't see anyone modernizing
like everyone says is happening. They just get their licenses and grab a
microphone. What percentage of hams have a computer connected to a
radio? Probably less than 30%. Hams don't want to modernize. Guess we
just have live with inferior operators on the bands from here on out.
Then again, maybe hams shouldn't be required to be knowledgable or have
skills. Requiring skills and knowledge is too old skool. Everything must
be outcome based these days, even licensing. It ain't like we have to
help out in emergencies or anything. It's Quantity, not quality.

73'sssssssssssssssssssss

Old July 10th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Slow Code wrote:
"J. D. B." wrote in
:

So give up your buggy whip, get down from your horse, and learn to drive
a car. We're not going to test you on animal husbandry as it applies to
horses in order for you to get a license to drive a modern car. It's
not dumbing down, it's just evolution.

I know you're right.

and yet you refuse to deal with that reality

Hams just want to be appliance operators these days and they don't want
license exams that will interfere with them getting to those appliances
even though it means being less worthy. I don't see anyone modernizing
like everyone says is happening. They just get their licenses and grab a
microphone. What percentage of hams have a computer connected to a
radio? Probably less than 30%.

well three of my radios are and my moble rigs can be interfaced to a
laptop if I feel the need

and yet I am one of the folsk YOU to have the FCC throw the bands
Hams don't want to modernize.

one fo the few thing you get right

you don't want to modernize either BTW
Guess we
just have live with inferior operators on the bands from here on out.
Then again, maybe hams shouldn't be required to be knowledgable or have
skills.

you keep drinking the product of the sour grapes and you will never
notice if any body is on the bands
Requiring skills and knowledge is too old skool. Everything must
be outcome based these days, even licensing. It ain't like we have to
help out in emergencies or anything. It's Quantity, not quality.

73'sssssssssssssssssssss

grow up if you can cowardly troll

Old July 12th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

get help sicko

Old July 14th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
get help sicko

Old July 15th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

an old freind wrote:
wrote:
get help sicko

Poor, poor Markie.

Old July 15th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

get help sicko

Old August 2nd 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

an old friend wrote:
get help sicko

Poor Markie............