Old June 12th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default VoiceMax Speech Processor...

In message
,
Telstar Electronics writes

As I said. "Obviously they have to contain 'all the works' (oscillator,
balanced modulator, compressor, clipper, filters, balanced demodulator
etc)."

That sounds very complex and expensive all right.
Another problem I see is that they only work on SSB.
My customers insist on something small that fits inside the radio and
processes in all modes. The VoiceMax does that with less than 1% THD.
Can't build them fast enough to keep them in stock...

Why do you think that they only work on SSB? Stand-alone RF clippers
like the Datong are independent of transmit mode. They are audio in -
audio out (with a bit of RF magic in between). They should work even on
an audio PA system.
--
Ian
Old June 12th 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Why do you think that they only work on SSB? Stand-alone RF clippers
like the Datong are independent of transmit mode. They are audio in -
audio out (with a bit of RF magic in between). They should work even on
an audio PA system.

OK, thanks for your input.
Old June 13th 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Ian Jackson wrote:
In message
,
Telstar Electronics writes

As I said. "Obviously they have to contain 'all the works'
(oscillator, balanced modulator, compressor, clipper, filters,
balanced demodulator etc)."

That sounds very complex and expensive all right.
Another problem I see is that they only work on SSB.
My customers insist on something small that fits inside the radio and
processes in all modes. The VoiceMax does that with less than 1% THD.
Can't build them fast enough to keep them in stock...

Why do you think that they only work on SSB? Stand-alone RF clippers
like the Datong are independent of transmit mode. They are audio in -
audio out (with a bit of RF magic in between). They should work even on
an audio PA system.

Berhinger has consumed that nitch now, especially with ESSB.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old June 13th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Berhinger has consumed that nitch now, especially with ESSB.

LOL... a unit like that (http://www.nu9n.com/deq2496.html) would cost
you at least $300. That's more than your whole station is worth!
Come on... you know how frugal hams & cbers are. Get real.
www.telstar-electronics.com
Old June 13th 08, 02:03 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Telstar Electronics wrote:
Berhinger has consumed that nitch now, especially with ESSB.

LOL... a unit like that (http://www.nu9n.com/deq2496.html) would cost
you at least $300. That's more than your whole station is worth!

Dream on, Brian. You can't touch my ts870 for less than $1000, more like
$1200 if you can find one.

Come on... you know how frugal hams & cbers are. Get real.
www.telstar-electronics.com

I'm hearing more and more voodoo audio these days so there are plenty of
stations running rack gear, try more listening and less spamming your junk.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Old June 13th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Dream on, Brian. You can't touch my ts870 for less than $1000, more like
$1200 if you can find one.

You mean that old beat up one you got at the garage sale?
I didn't know you ever got that thing working since it was under water
and so rusty inside.
Kudos on your technician skills... fixing up that old dog.
Old June 14th 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Telstar Electronics wrote:
Dream on, Brian. You can't touch my ts870 for less than $1000, more
like $1200 if you can find one.

You mean that old beat up one you got at the garage sale?
I didn't know you ever got that thing working since it was under water
and so rusty inside.
Kudos on your technician skills... fixing up that old dog.

What the hell are you smoking, Brian? I traded an ft-920 for this 870.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old June 15th 08, 03:09 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Laura Halliday VE7LDH * * "Non sequitur. Your ACKS are
Grid: CN89mg * * * * * * * * * *uncoordinated."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W * * * - Nomad the Network Engineer

Good to hear from you Laura. You can see a photo of the Voicemax
speech processor in a radio... right before the radio was buttoned up
at http://tinyurl.com/2t2usu
Old June 16th 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Telstar Electronics wrote:
Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Non sequitur. Your ACKS are
Grid: CN89mg uncoordinated."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Nomad the Network Engineer

Good to hear from you Laura. You can see a photo of the Voicemax
speech processor in a radio... right before the radio was buttoned up
at http://tinyurl.com/2t2usu

Appropriately, a CB radio, illegally modified. Only a CBer would fall for this
"Speech Processor."
Old June 16th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Appropriately, a CB radio, illegally modified. Only a CBer would fall for this
"Speech Processor."

Laura,
Evidently there are many radio operators worldwide that don't share
your views...
Thanks for your comment anyway...