Old December 12th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Reference oscillators

Hi all,

Over the past few years, I've had the opportunity to save some decent
reference oscillators from being thrown away, by removing them from
scrap boards. They're typically good stability (temp. compensated),
and reasonably low phase noise. I have 10MHz, 20MHz and 100MHz, and a
couple others. Some have a voltage control input. All are 5V (but I
know some will work down to 3.3V), logic output (but "logic" means
PECL for the 100MHz ones). I'd be happy to send one or two to folk who
have a specific reasonably immediate need for such a beast. If you're
interested, drop me an email to let me know exactly what you're
looking for and why you want it. I'll let you know if you made the
cutoff. I may ask for shipping costs if I can't figure out how to
send them cheaply enough but packaged safely. The oscillators will be
free to good homes, though.

Cheers,
Tom
Old December 15th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

K7ITM wrote:
|| Hi all,
|| Over the past few years, I've had the opportunity to save some decent
|| reference oscillators from being thrown away, by removing them from
|| scrap boards. They're typically good stability (temp. compensated),
|| and reasonably low phase noise. I have 10MHz, 20MHz and 100MHz, and
|| a couple others. Some have a voltage control input. All are 5V
|| (but I know some will work down to 3.3V), logic output (but "logic"
|| means PECL for the 100MHz ones). I'd be happy to send one or two to
|| folk who have a specific reasonably immediate need for such a beast.
|| If you're interested, drop me an email to let me know exactly what
|| you're looking for and why you want it. I'll let you know if you
|| made the cutoff. I may ask for shipping costs if I can't figure out
|| how to send them cheaply enough but packaged safely. The
|| oscillators will be free to good homes, though.
|| Cheers,
|| Tom

Really generous offer, unfortunately i'm too far away to take advantage of
your nice gesture :-(
Funny thing, it feels like i live in a place where things like that is
impossible to get near, (unless i buy via the internet, and at a price that
makes it unattractive to me).

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
oz1esc, Ebbe

Old December 17th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Dec 15, 3:16*pm, "Ebbe \(7000\)" es44(snabela)pc[punktum]dk
wrote:
K7ITM wrote:

|| Hi all,
|| Over the past few years, I've had the opportunity to save some decent
|| reference oscillators from being thrown away, by removing them from
|| scrap boards. *They're typically good stability (temp. compensated),
|| and reasonably low phase noise. *I have 10MHz, 20MHz and 100MHz, and
|| a couple others. *Some have a voltage control input. *All are 5V
|| (but I know some will work down to 3.3V), logic output (but "logic"
|| means PECL for the 100MHz ones). I'd be happy to send one or two to
|| folk who have a specific reasonably immediate need for such a beast.
|| If you're interested, drop me an email to let me know exactly what
|| you're looking for and why you want it. *I'll let you know if you
|| made the cutoff. *I may ask for shipping costs if I can't figure out
|| how to send them cheaply enough but packaged safely. *The
|| oscillators will be free to good homes, though.
|| Cheers,
|| Tom

Really generous offer, unfortunately i'm too far away to take advantage of
your nice gesture :-(
Funny thing, it feels like i live in a place where things like that is
impossible to get near, (unless i buy via the internet, and at a price that
makes it unattractive to me).

Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.
oz1esc, Ebbe

Hmmm. Do you live in some place that does not have mail service? I
don't recall putting any particular geographical boundaries on the
offer.

Cheers,
Tom
Old December 17th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

K7ITM wrote:

| Hmmm. Do you live in some place that does not have mail service? I
| don't recall putting any particular geographical boundaries on the
| offer.
|
| Cheers,
| Tom

Hehe, no we do still have mail, though the level of service is dropping
rapidly :-)
I was just guessing, that shipping would be too high to make it realistic.

Best regards
Ebbe

Old December 17th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Dec 17, 5:33*am, "Ebbe \(7000\)" es44(snabela)pc[punktum]dk

Well, I managed to get one package down under 50 grams. Drop me an
email if interested. My call at msn.com. I tried sending you one,
but don't know if it got through.

Cheers,
Tom

Old December 18th 08, 08:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

K7ITM wrote:
| On Dec 17, 5:33 am, "Ebbe \(7000\)" es44(snabela)pc[punktum]dk
| wrote:
|

| Well, I managed to get one package down under 50 grams. Drop me an
| email if interested. My call at msn.com. I tried sending you one,
| but don't know if it got through.
|
| Cheers,
| Tom

Oh yes, Your mail found the right receiver, return mail sent :-)

Best regards
Ebbe

Oscillators candy rosa Shortwave 4 January 5th 08 03:34 PM
Squegging in LC oscillators Tim Shoppa Boatanchors 19 January 6th 07 02:48 AM
Squegging in LC oscillators Tim Shoppa Homebrew 19 January 6th 07 02:48 AM
YIG filters (and oscillators): How do they work? Joel Kolstad Homebrew 6 June 23rd 05 07:57 AM
RF Oscillators Short Course by John Plastonek Joel Kolstad Homebrew 0 November 12th 04 08:59 PM