Old September 10th 10, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Homemade 2m FM transceiver?

Do anyone of you know such project, worth or recommending?
Old September 10th 10, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Atlantis wrote:
Do anyone of you know such project, worth or recommending?

Nope.
Old September 11th 10, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:05:26 +0200, Atlantis
wrote:

Do anyone of you know such project, worth or recommending?

Haven't seen any around for years.

Once upon a time -- back in the early 1970's -- I built two 2-mtr FM
transceivers.

One was built from a kit sold by VHF Engineering, Rochester, NY. The
receiver consisted of four small rectangular PC boards that could be
assembled side-by-saide, one on top of the other, etc. Transmitter
was a small rectangular PC board that ran about 2 watts output. As I
recall, they also sold an amp with about 10 watts output. Crystal
controlled.

The other was built from a circuit in QST. Several suppliers sold
circuit boards and you had to dig around to find the parts. It was on
a single PC board -- may have been about 4 in X 8 in. Crystal
controlled.

But -- that was back in the days when men were men

Here are some links that may be helpful:

http://www.hobbytron.com/pdf/ft146E.pdf

http://www.qsl.net/n/n5na//pages/1220/

Old September 12th 10, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sep 10, 10:05*am, Atlantis wrote:
Do anyone of you know such project, worth or recommending?

Hey OT:
Yeah in my dreams: I'm like to using a 74hc4066 pll has a 160mhz
bandwidth at 12 volts, a couple ne604/2 balanced de/modulator, slapped
in some tone boards, a keypad and decoder, a small color screen and a
pic cpu to run it all, for memory i'm using an USB flash drive.
Sweet.

73 OT
de n8zu
Old September 12th 10, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sep 12, 2:49*pm, raypsi wrote:
On Sep 10, 10:05*am, Atlantis wrote:

Do anyone of you know such project, worth or recommending?

Hey OT:
Yeah in my dreams: I'm like to using a 74hc4066 pll has a 160mhz
bandwidth at 12 volts, a couple ne604/2 balanced de/modulator, slapped
in some tone boards, a keypad and decoder, a small color screen and a
pic cpu to run it all, *for memory i'm using an USB flash drive.
Sweet.

73 OT
de n8zu

Shouldn't you be dreaming of a 74HC4046 PLL, a 4066 is a quad
bilateral switch.

Gary N4AST

Old September 12th 10, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 9-12-2010 22:11, Gary wrote:
On Sep 12, 2:49 pm, wrote:
On Sep 10, 10:05 am, wrote:

Do anyone of you know such project, worth or recommending?

There are still people using 2M FM? Huh.

Old September 13th 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sep 12, 6:11*pm, Gary wrote:
On Sep 12, 2:49*pm, raypsi wrote:

On Sep 10, 10:05*am, Atlantis wrote:

Do anyone of you know such project, worth or recommending?

Shouldn't you be dreaming of a 74HC4046 PLL, a 4066 is a quad
bilateral switch.

Gary N4AST

Hey OT:

That dream is just a throw back from the ole magazine days when they
always put in errors then 3 months later you gets the correction. Plus
a 74hc4046 can only run up to 7volts Vcc
So the correction would be running a 74hc4066 as a pll. One switch as
the VCO and a couple diode for the comparator. and another switch as
for the xtal OSC and another switch for a low pass filter.

Or if you do use a 74hc4046 you just upconvert and downconvert
everything and run it at 6 volts. Cause about 10Mhz is all you can
gets out of a 74hc40466 at 6 volts

Old September 22nd 10, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Scott" wrote in message
.. .
On 9-12-2010 22:11, Gary wrote:
On Sep 12, 2:49 pm, wrote:
On Sep 10, 10:05 am, wrote:

Do anyone of you know such project, worth or recommending?

There are still people using 2M FM? Huh.

Only CBers over here in the UK

Old September 23rd 10, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Rob wrote:

Of course from the ninetees it has been decaying, and today there are only
a few frequencies where local groups are QRV and sometimes talking a
little. The repeaters are mostly silent, and a random traveller calling
will probably get not much response either.
(what is left on the bands usually talks to eachother in their local
group only; random QSO with a stranger is not happening much anymore)

I guess it depends on where you are. In my neighborhood, most of the
repeaters are pretty busy.

What I have found is that if you want traffic, generate some traffic.
Get on and talk with someone. You'll find that there will be more
traffic. We get travelers, and there's someone on most of the time,
although I wouldn't expect much traffic in the wee AM hours.

- Mike -

Homemade piezo earpiece telcodev Homebrew 5 July 24th 07 08:39 PM
Homemade mobile antenna anonymous_c Scanner 3 April 22nd 07 04:25 PM
homemade antenna [email protected] CB 2 November 28th 06 05:38 PM
Is this homemade antenna OK MC Shortwave 11 April 21st 04 03:29 AM
Homemade Antennae, help Steve Muir Antenna 6 April 12th 04 04:44 AM