Old July 24th 14, 04:53 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Project Shun: An intro for rec.radio.* users

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:33:18 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

He doesn't claim to have progressed to a Full licence when he hasn't
either.

How about being economical with the truth in order to get an account with
a news provider who'd previously banned him?

Old July 24th 14, 05:03 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 7/24/2014 4:59 AM, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
Spike wrote:
On 24/07/14 09:06, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:

However, there are unintended (but not unforeseen, as Big G is a
predictable beast) consequences. The abuse and attention-seeking has
shifted from ukra to rrah (and other newsgroups).

One of the unintended consequences is that I have now had to start adding
Americans to the KF, Stuckle being the first. This is the first addition
for quite some time. Let's hope it's the last.

Sadly, Jerry played straight into Big G's hands and gave him the attention
he lusts after. Hopefully, my posting might help Jerry to see that there
are much more effective ways to get at Big G.

You can look at it both ways. He's so predictable that he's easy to
lead on. Trolls like him can be a lot of fun.

I'd love to see him try to contact my employer with such accusations -
they would get a huge laugh on it. Also, just because there are
jurisdictional differences doesn't mean legal action can't be taken
against him.

If/when you need to launch a legal action, theres an awful lot of
background info in the Google archive that your legal team can call on.

The thing I regret is that OFCOM doesn't have a character requirement.
Here in the U.S. his license would very probably not be renewed due to
his court case.

A very sensible system.

--
Stephen Thomas Cole // Sent from my iPhone
Old July 24th 14, 05:03 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Rambo wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:51:11 +0100, "Bernie" wrote:

Stephen Thomas Cole // Sent from my iPhone

he has some weird ideas it is true and is unduly sensitive to criticism,
sure, but he looks to
be a pukka amateur of the old school. what have you got against him looking
at your posts
over a few days especially your scurrilous remarks about his sex life are
you sure the problem
is'nt at your end somewhere?

Quite true, Gareth has every right to express his views and have them
debated. If you disagree then debate it. It's quite possible to hold a
gentlemanly disagreement and this has happened on many occasions, with
no harm done.

The ones trying to "shun" are indeed his chief abusers, and
responsible for much trouble in the NG's whilst claiming to be holier
than thou.

What give them the right to deny the free speech of others...

Nothing!

I think you just got trolled, Hambo.

--
Stephen Thomas Cole // Sent from my iPhone
Old July 24th 14, 05:03 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Rambo wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 15:33:18 +0000 (UTC), Brian Reay
wrote:

Neither doyou Brian. Do you deny then that you and your chum have been
goading and making false allegations against Gareth for years?

He doesn't claim to have progressed to a Full licence when he hasn't
either.

Hambo, do you deny that you haven't progressed to a full licence?

--
Stephen Thomas Cole // Sent from my iPhone
Old July 24th 14, 05:37 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
Brian Morrison wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 09:23:23 -0400
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
The thing I regret is that OFCOM doesn't have a character requirement.

I think any such requirement would be struck down under UK and/or
European Law.

All the more reason to leave the EU and review our acceptance of EU law-
which
some European countries ignore when they feel like it.

Should those who are so reckless about the effects of their behaviour on
their
fellow man to the extent that they pick up a criminal conviction for
speeding,
or those who recount their many instances of operating HF equipment without
a licence also be covered by your holier-than-thou attitude?

Old July 24th 14, 05:39 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Brian Reay" wrote in message

Your problem is you have no idea how a gentleman behaves. He doesn't send
malicious emails

I have never sent malicous emails, unlike you, who has originated malicious
posts to several people in this NG, as you do so below ...

Nor does he make up
a string of false accusations about peoples' families.

.... like saying that someone's wife is a sheep in the bed, do you mean?

Old July 24th 14, 07:36 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 7/24/2014 12:40 PM, Brian Morrison wrote:

Jerry Stuckle wrote:

The thing I regret is that OFCOM doesn't have a character
requirement.

I think any such requirement would be struck down under UK and/or
European law. I am surprised that it still stands in the US,
perhaps it only applies to observed character traits related to use
of radio?

Nope, it can apply to non-radio related convictions, also.

A radio license is a privilege, not a right.

Does the US apply that requirement to a driving licence?

Nowhere I know of. But drivers licenses are issued by the individual
states; radio licenses by the feds. So the comparison is moot.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old July 24th 14, 07:39 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Spike wrote:
[...]

Steve,

It was a joke. He can try to contact my employer, but it won't do any
good (I own the company). But it also doesn't matter. I've seen much
worse trolls on the internet. He doesn't even rank "wanna-be" compared
to some.

--
==================

Old July 25th 14, 12:04 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 24/07/2014 16:33, Brian Reay wrote:

Your problem is you have no idea how a gentleman behaves. He doesn't send
malicious emails or call people nonces, perverts, etc. Nor does he make up
a string of false accusations about peoples' families.

Don't be too hard on yourself Brian, Stephen still loves you.

He doesn't claim to have progressed to a Full licence when he hasn't
either.

Neither does he lose any vestige of self respect by taking out a childs
licence.

Old July 25th 14, 10:42 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Rambo" wrote in message
[...]

But when he starts to stalk other posters within 2 or 3 posts, that is
beyond the pale....