Old October 12th 14, 11:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default RFD for new UK amateur radio group

Hello .misc, .antenna and .homebrew! I've been watching with a degree of
sadness these last few days as Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW has poured buckets
of idiocy into .antenna. He's a notorious and pernicious troll with going
on for a two decade history of troublemaking on Usenet, primarily in
uk.radio.amateur but there have been many groups that he's upset over the
years, all in the archives.

As a result of Gareth's long-term and determined campaign to foul ukra, the
desire for a moderated version, UK-centric and free of abuse, has grown.
There is an RFD currently under discussion in uk.net.news.config. Gareth
has, of course, blown a fuse and has filled that group with his insanity.
Happily, he's largely being ignored so isn't getting his own way and
causing trouble.

If you have an interest in amateur radio discussion on Usenet, please pop
over to unnc and join in the debate. If you support the group creation and
would make use of it, please post a message to the RFD saying as much.

Thanks for reading, folks!
Steve M0TEY

--
Stephen Thomas Cole // Sent from my iPhone
Old October 12th 14, 02:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 10/12/2014 6:47 AM, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
[...]

Gareth isn't the only troll we would rid ourselves of. And even non-UK
members can enjoy a troll-free zone.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old October 12th 14, 02:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Jerry Stuckle wrote in
:

Gareth isn't the only troll we would rid ourselves of. And even non-UK
members can enjoy a troll-free zone.

So long as I can cross the bridge as I need to without getting bitten in the
leg, I'm not bothered. I remember books when I was a kid that led me to
beleive, for a year or so anyway, that trolls were a necesary part of
bridges.
Old October 12th 14, 03:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Jerry Stuckle wrote:

Gareth isn't the only troll we would rid ourselves of.

Indeed. ukra is a rat's nest of degenerates these days.

And even non-UK
members can enjoy a troll-free zone.

Whilst the uk.* group would be "UK-centric" it'd be completely open to any
poster globally, as long as they posted in accordance with the moderation
policy which, judging by the proposal, will be quite easy to do as long as
one isn't abusive. I hope that the group is created. There's a very
knowledgable group of radio amateurs currently inhibited from posting to
ukra by the squalid nature of the place.

--
Stephen Thomas Cole // Sent from my iPhone
Old October 12th 14, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 10/12/2014 9:08 AM, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

Gareth isn't the only troll we would rid ourselves of.

Indeed. ukra is a rat's nest of degenerates these days.

And even non-UK
members can enjoy a troll-free zone.

Whilst the uk.* group would be "UK-centric" it'd be completely open to any
poster globally, as long as they posted in accordance with the moderation
policy which, judging by the proposal, will be quite easy to do as long as
one isn't abusive. I hope that the group is created. There's a very
knowledgable group of radio amateurs currently inhibited from posting to
ukra by the squalid nature of the place.

Yes, you guys are quite proficient and knowledgeable. I look forward to
this new group.

Old October 12th 14, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Jerry Stuckle wrote:

Gareth isn't the only troll we would rid ourselves of.

Indeed. ukra is a rat's nest of degenerates these days.

And even non-UK
members can enjoy a troll-free zone.

Whilst the uk.* group would be "UK-centric" it'd be completely open to any
poster globally, as long as they posted in accordance with the moderation
policy which, judging by the proposal, will be quite easy to do as long as
one isn't abusive. I hope that the group is created. There's a very
knowledgable group of radio amateurs currently inhibited from posting to
ukra by the squalid nature of the place.

Yes, you guys are quite proficient and knowledgeable. I look forward to this new group.

Excellent. Thanks for your support.

;-)

--
Stephen Thomas Cole // Sent from my iPhone
Old October 12th 14, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Stephen Thomas Cole" wrote in message
[...]

That is complete nonsense and a scurrilous libel on your part.

My campaign in recent months in ura has been to speak up for civilised
and decent technical conversations, and it is you, with your diagnosed
narcissistic sociopathy who regularly contributes nasty and irrelevant
personal remarks such as you do above. Indeed, your regular
nasty attacks upon me, and me alone, are because your sociopathy
is deeply ingrained to the extent that you must round upon anyone
who criticises you, as I do about your two years' worth of picking
on each real radio amateur in turn and subjecting him to a tirade
of abuse but never yourself making any technical contribution.

Your uncontrollable desire to insult me results in your being reckless as
to the truth of what I post, because I have spoken FOR the moderated
group, but I suspect that your attitude has increased because I regularly
point out that those of you who are most vociferous about ura being a
cesspit
are those who make it so.

Those who doubt what I say are invited to read ura and compare my postings
with that of STC, and muse upon why so many of his postings are an emotional
and infantile personal attack directed at me?

Old October 12th 14, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Stephen Thomas Cole" wrote in message
There's a very
knowledgable group of radio amateurs currently inhibited from posting to
ukra by the squalid nature of the place.

Nobody is inhibited from posting there, no matter how you might
wish for it to be so with the large number of abusive posts and
threads that you originate, including this one.

Old October 12th 14, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Stephen Thomas Cole" wrote in message
Hello .misc, .antenna and .homebrew! I've been watching with a degree of
sadness these last few days as Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW has poured buckets
of idiocy into .antenna. He's a notorious and pernicious troll with going
on for a two decade history of troublemaking on Usenet, primarily in
uk.radio.amateur but there have been many groups that he's upset over the
years, all in the archives.

Why not contribute yourself to the original discussion which was about the
medium
and not about the antennae, or don't you understand that?

As it is, you are merely wetting yourself with excitement that others are
being disagreeable despite that you do not understand _ANYTHING_ of what
is being discussed.