Old November 9th 03, 12:02 AM

Try this...
Get some good motor oil and put a drop on the aluminum...
Then scrape the aluminum oxide off under the oil...
....[snip]....

I've done the very same thing except using silver-cleaning paste!
Although it's a bother, it DOES work.

I've also seen the demonstrations of the things sold at hamfests,
it appears to work very well, and the cost was not bad, either.

--Myron.
--
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge
PhD EE (retired). "Barbershop" tenor. CDL(PTX). W0PBV. (785) 539-4448
Old November 9th 03, 04:47 PM
Mr G H Ireland

In article , "uk-hamman"
wrote:
I would be prepared to go to this much trouble
if the idea would work . iam sure I can get air tight joints

I seem to remember that molten Al reacts with nitrogen. Perhaps you would
have to fill your glove box with argon.
Good luck!

G.H.Ireland

--