Old March 4th 04, 01:38 PM
Joe McElvenney

Hi,

OOPS! On a second reading I think that I misunderstood
the posting and realise now that the device was meant to
generate an annoying signal for a few minutes 'after' he
had released the pressel. Were it close enough to the
offending station, it would only need to be of quite low
power and limited sensitivity so restricting it to the
offending individual.

As we all know, one of the intentions of those who seek
to disrupt a channel is to subsequently wallow in the
result of their efforts. This signal then would help
prevent them from enjoying the fruit of their labours.
Unfortunately though there doesn't appear to be a newsgroup
equivalent.

Cheers - Joe

Old March 4th 04, 10:46 PM
Steve Nosko

"Joe McElvenney" wrote in message
Hi,

OOPS! On a second reading I think that I misunderstood
the posting and realise now that the device was meant to
generate an annoying signal for a few minutes 'after' he
had released the pressel. Were it close enough to the
offending station, it would only need to be of quite low
power and limited sensitivity so restricting it to the
offending individual.

That's what I got. To do this @ 455KHz would require lots of antenna
or power. 1/2 mile is very long. I used to interfere with other kids
transistor radios by tuning mine 455 away so that the LO in mine was on
their Rx freq. weeeeoooeeee. Only works a few feet.

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

Old March 5th 04, 02:35 AM
Ken Scharf

Steve Nosko wrote:
"Joe McElvenney" wrote in message

Hi,

OOPS! On a second reading I think that I misunderstood
the posting and realise now that the device was meant to
generate an annoying signal for a few minutes 'after' he
had released the pressel. Were it close enough to the
offending station, it would only need to be of quite low
power and limited sensitivity so restricting it to the
offending individual.

That's what I got. To do this @ 455KHz would require lots of antenna
or power. 1/2 mile is very long. I used to interfere with other kids
transistor radios by tuning mine 455 away so that the LO in mine was on
their Rx freq. weeeeoooeeee. Only works a few feet.

A friend of mine was thinking of building a small transmitter that would
put out on 262khz, 455khz (am) and 10.7mhz fm. It was to be a low power
portable transmitter to be used mobile when he got cut off my some
***hole on the road. He could then curse the guy out over his radio
(assuming he had the radio on).

Old March 5th 04, 02:44 AM
CL

Maybe this was touched on before, but since we're discussing the designing
of jamming devices for idiot radio operators, how about something to jam the
audio of the ass holes who insist on playing their stereos full blast in the
cars? Now "that" would be a treat! I'd love to replace that deep thumping
crap with a nice high pitched squeal. CL

Old March 5th 04, 05:27 AM
budgie

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 21:44:27 -0500, "CL" wrote:

Maybe this was touched on before, but since we're discussing the designing
of jamming devices for idiot radio operators, how about something to jam the
audio of the ass holes who insist on playing their stereos full blast in the
cars? Now "that" would be a treat! I'd love to replace that deep thumping
crap with a nice high pitched squeal. CL

me too, but the source seems to invariably a CD stacker.