Old March 5th 04, 05:27 AM
budgie

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 21:44:27 -0500, "CL" wrote:

Maybe this was touched on before, but since we're discussing the designing
of jamming devices for idiot radio operators, how about something to jam the
audio of the ass holes who insist on playing their stereos full blast in the
cars? Now "that" would be a treat! I'd love to replace that deep thumping
crap with a nice high pitched squeal. CL

me too, but the source seems to invariably a CD stacker.
Old March 5th 04, 07:48 PM
Eddie Haskel

Jamming the (hip-hop/rap crap)assholes with their high powered car radios
blasting that hip-hop crap is EASY! try this...(I do it a lot) take two
transmitters( I use 2 50 watt 2 meter TX's) and key them both at the same
time. Set the frequency to something not used a lot (I use 146.565).The
resulting hetrodyne will come out of ANYTHING non-linear! It tears their
system a new asshole.If one of the radios is VFO (like my IC-706MKII-G) you
can swing it around and set it for the most annoying tone.
It usually hits their power amplifier directly, they dont have control of it
from the head.In fact when we tested it on a guys system( he was a willing
sucker) it got worse as he turned down the volume!! Seems it forms a ground
loop and the RF gets into the power amp even better. By the time they figure
it out, damage is done. a pair of 2 meter "spikes" is hard to see and they
dont know what they are for...have fun! Eddie

Old March 7th 04, 12:07 AM
Zombie Wolf

try taking a look at the ubiquitous 555 timer chip - one could rig the thing
so that it would key up a radio upon recieving a carrier that was above a
certain level - something like taking the signal from the s-meter and using
it for a trigger signal works real well, and ensures that only the local
area gets qrmed. naturally, the interval it keys up for is up to the
builder, with the 555. Another interesting thing is , that if this is placed
real close to the guy's house, very little power will be needed to operate
it. a motorcycle battery would last a long time at a 100 milliwatt
level.......... and if close enough, would give him 20-over s-9. Think i
remember someone doing this once, but cant remember just who it was... G

"Guy" wrote in message
m...
when I lived in Reno, NV there was a person who was not very friendly
on the radio. He was always getting drunk and once he was full of
liquid courage, would swear, throw dead carriers, drive the drivers
and us locals crazy. So a cb/ham operator made a device that was real
small,,,it was placed in close proximity to his house, within 1/4
mile. When he would key up on ch-19, it would start a audio carrier
that was intermittant,,it was like a pulse for 5-7 minutes, he would
key up again and once again get this pulsating tone, is the best way
to describe it. Needless to say he cleaned up his act, and started to
come around. So now I am in willamette valley and have the same
problem. the person who made that "toy" has passed on,so now I am
looking to get something of the same concept made. Any ideas? JPT.

Old March 9th 04, 08:23 AM
Tom Sevart

"Guy" wrote in message
m...
when I lived in Reno, NV there was a person who was not very friendly
on the radio. He was always getting drunk and once he was full of
liquid courage, would swear, throw dead carriers, drive the drivers
and us locals crazy. So a cb/ham operator made a device that was real
small,,,it was placed in close proximity to his house, within 1/4
mile. When he would key up on ch-19, it would start a audio carrier
that was intermittant,,it was like a pulse for 5-7 minutes, he would
key up again and once again get this pulsating tone, is the best way
to describe it. Needless to say he cleaned up his act, and started to
come around. So now I am in willamette valley and have the same
problem. the person who made that "toy" has passed on,so now I am
looking to get something of the same concept made. Any ideas? JPT.

Kind of sounds like another CB urban legend to me. Usually only the
receiver is mixed with 455 kHz, not the transmitter. And I've found that
most CB LO's are at 10.240 mHz. You could easily construct a transmitter
for that frequency but not legally operate it.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

Old March 9th 04, 08:24 AM
Tom Sevart

"Paul Burridge" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 07:47:46 GMT, Gregg wrote:

Just "pin" his coax.

Isn't that likely to disrupt his characteristic transmission line
impedance? ;-)

Naw, it just gives him them thar SWR's.

Tom

Old March 10th 04, 06:16 PM
elbowjuice

You just need to spend 1000 or so on a posh ham set, with repeater function.
Mod it to CB, set a little sound activated switch on the PTT line, with one
of them cheep talking keyrings in it... Look at the laughing policeman web
site they have loads of ideas